Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

CNN, New York Times barred from White House press briefing

So there is a new definition of the word gaggle?

Gaggle..... smaller question-and-answer session.

(Merriam Webster...

Also a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization i.e. gaggle of reporters and photographers.)

So that's why CNN is barred! :lol: 

Add it to the dictionary

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/gaggle

CNN, New York Times barred from White House press briefing

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/cnn-new-york-times-barred-from-white-house-press-briefing/497206534

So there is a new definition of the word gaggle?

Gaggle..... smaller question-and-answer session.

(Merriam Webster...

Also a group, aggregation, or cluster lacking organization i.e. a gaggle of reporters and photographers.)

So that's why CNN is barred! :lol:

Add it to the dictionary

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/gaggle

As a result of this AP boycotted the entire piece of ****.

Transparency in a democratic government only comes from the media. Without the media AKA The Press there is no democracy. The media / press directly represents the people and stands in for their right to know.

To attack the Press directly is to attack democracy directly.

When the US government was set up, Thomas Jefferson said quite clearly that he would prefer to have the Press intact as being more important than keeping the government intact.

He also said that public education was a necessity for democracy.

We have a government now that wants to destroy not just the people's right to know but also the people's right to learn in public education.

We have a government now that is doing a direct attack on our Constitution and I don't think the people of the United States are going to sit by idly and let the Constitution be destroyed.

Don't be ignorant and think the media is an entity into itself - - it's the only way people get access to our government and find out what's really going on. That's why we have public meeting laws for government officials.

Censorship of the media is number one with a dictator-- you only have to look at Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini or Putin.

Steve Bannon has directly laid down the gauntlet against the American Media and American journalists because he wants to destroy our democracy.

Or in his words he wants to deconstruct it. And he will unless the American people stop him.

• Like 1

Appears to me that the inner Trump team may have had a meeting and developed the best method to distract the media from what they are trying to accomplish sub rosa.

Let Trump attack the media, with support from Spicer, Priebus, Conway, etc., and media will spend so much time complaining and reporting about it and defending themselves that they will ignore the really important and dangerous things the administration is doing.

Next book:  The Art of the Distraction.

So, I'm wondering how the Trump administration is reacting to the news story of a deranged Trumpite gunning down two guys in Kansas while shouting," Get out of my country!"  and was caught because he was at a bar 70 miles away BRAGGING about it!  Sayng proudly that he killed two Middle East  looking guys.

Turned out they were from INDIA!

I'll bet Dorothy is GLAD she's not in Kansas anymore.

And how about( mentioned by me in another thread) MUHAMMAD ALI JR. being detained for two hours at a Fort Lauderdale airport?  Being asked about being Muslim.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

So, I'm wondering how the Trump administration is reacting to the news story of a deranged Trumpite gunning down two guys in Kansas while shouting," Get out of my country!"  and was caught because he was at a bar 70 miles away BRAGGING about it!  Sayng proudly that he killed two Middle East  looking guys.

And how about( mentioned by me in another thread) MUHAMMAD ALI JR. being detained for two hours at a Fort Lauderdale airport?  Being asked about being Muslim.

Sepiatone

Trump has more blood on his hands. His rhetoric is radicalizing these white supremacist terrorists.

• Like 5

So, I'm wondering how the Trump administration is reacting to the news story of a deranged Trumpite gunning down two guys in Kansas while shouting," Get out of my country!" and was caught because he was at a bar 70 miles away BRAGGING about it! Sayng proudly that he killed two Middle East looking guys.

And how about( mentioned by me in another thread) MUHAMMAD ALI JR. being detained for two hours at a Fort Lauderdale airport? Being asked about being Muslim.

Sepiatone

This bar was actually in a veddy upscale suburb of Kansas City. Another Indian national was shot and a white Kansan good samaritan, who came to their aid, was also shot.

I could say that the man doing the shooting was not probably typical of this area, but it takes all kinds.

Unfortunately several years ago in the same county, a deranged Neo-Nazi white man murdered a number of people at the Jewish Community Center and murdered a woman at a Jewish Senior Citizen home.

The white man who murdered the Indian Nationals may have mistook them for Middle Easterners, but to him they probably all look the same anyway and he probably would have had the same reaction even if he had known where they really came from.

The Dead Man's relatives have called on the Indian government to two ask the American government to treat this as a hate crime.

PRINCESS:

You posted something down there about "The transparency in a democratic government".  Seems to me that since the word "democrat" is found in "democratic", republicans confuse it with being democrat in essence and so do all they can to eradicate such heretical idealology.  ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

PRINCESS:

You posted something down there about "The transparency in a democratic government".  Seems to me that since the word "democrat" is found in "democratic", republicans confuse it with being democrat in essence and so do all they can to eradicate such heretical idealology.  

So does the DNC.

• Like 1

CNN is also probably reporting that Venezuela is an economic

basket case. Don't believe it. Let's see, on one side you have

a couple of lying pols who want to crack down on the news media

for their own purposes. On the other side you have the news media

exposing the lying pols. And Jimmy takes the side of the lying pols.

What a dip****.  

Trump Will Be First POTUS to Skip White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Over 30 Years-

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!

3:53 PM - 25 Feb 2017

The gathering is typically hosted by a noted comedian who roasts the president and members of the media, and then lets the commander in chief crack his own jokes.

"The WHCA takes note of President Donald Trump's announcement on Twitter that he does not plan to attend the dinner, which has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic," association President Jeff Mason said in a statement.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-will-be-first-potus-not-attend-white-house-correspondents-n725661

-chicken **** with NO sense of humor!

Maybe Alec Baldwin can fill in ;)

• Like 2

Trump Will Be First POTUS to Skip White House Correspondents’ Dinner in Over 30 Years-

I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!

The gathering is typically hosted by a noted comedian who roasts the president and members of the media, and then lets the commander in chief crack his own jokes.

"The WHCA takes note of President Donald Trump's announcement on Twitter that he does not plan to attend the dinner, which has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic," association President Jeff Mason said in a statement.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-will-be-first-potus-not-attend-white-house-correspondents-n725661

I would think no self respecting journalist would attend that this year or the next several. The whole thing should be canceled. It hearkens back to a more civil time that no longer exists. This president is only interested in self-aggrandizing pep rallies, anyway.

• Like 3

So does the DNC.

Still, in all and if we're going to start making comparisons, my favorite quote about the difference in the parties comes from  OSCAR LEVANT....

"The difference between republicans and democrats is that democrats think that the poor should be allowed to be corrupt too."  :D

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Hey - he's thumbin' his nose at our Establishment Cluster ----!

What a ----!

Trump will not be there and I doubt his handlers would let him anyway.

He is notoriously unable to take any kind of criticism, whether meant in jest or not.

His responses would be angry and uncontrolled.  Unless he wore an earpiece and someone was telling him what to say.

Does smack of cowardice in the face of "the enemy of America" though.

• Like 2

He WAS once the target on a comedy central "roast", and took it all pretty well.  And did OK when HIS turn came.

I guess he figures he's gonna "show 'em" by not showing up and hurting their feelings.  :rolleyes:

What stymies me is, he usually LOVES being the center of attention.  Why ELSE do you think he RAN for president?

To make the country BETTER?   Or because of the size of the spotlight.   Being the POTUS  IS  quite the EGO RUSH!  ;)

Sepiatone

I read that there's a push to get Alec Baldwin to attend the Correspondents Dinner in character and costume as Donald Trump. Then everyone could direct their jokes/barbs at Baldwin/Trump, and then Baldwin/Trump will give the rebuttal speech in character, which in the end will all be just one big joke on Trump.

• Like 4

I read that there's a push to get Alec Baldwin to attend the Correspondents Dinner in character and costume as Donald Trump. Then everyone could direct their jokes/barbs at Baldwin/Trump, and then Baldwin/Trump will give the rebuttal speech in character, which in the end will all be just one big joke on Trump.

In other words, Alec will be sort of a political crash test dummy. (it takes ALL the abuse) :lol:

This is a great idea.  "Hollywood" and the "media" joining forces.

Then Trump can tweet at 3:00 AM in response.

Then Conway, Priebus and Spicer can explain the next day what was so bad and incorrect at the Dinner and also what Trump really meant in his tweets.

Meanwhile, Bannon and the real decision makers can covertly do whatever they wish while the media and others are distracted.

Or mabe, Trump will just show up and say his schedule changed.

In other words, Alec will be sort of a political crash test dummy. (it takes ALL the abuse) :lol:

Despite all the criticism that other presidents like President Obama, George W Bush and Richard Nixon received, they were never afraid to attend this dinner.

I think the word we have for Trump is that he's just a coward. Having orchestrated so many New York events, he couldn't handle something that he wasn't in control of that was not designed to make him look good.

The "reality" TV star is just afraid of real Reality.

• Like 4