Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump vs. the Press/Media

He WAS once the target on a comedy central "roast", and took it all pretty well. And did OK when HIS turn came.

I guess he figures he's gonna "show 'em" by not showing up and hurting their feelings. :rolleyes:

What stymies me is, he usually LOVES being the center of attention. Why ELSE do you think he RAN for president?

To make the country BETTER? Or because of the size of the spotlight. Being the POTUS IS quite the EGO RUSH! ;)

Sepiatone

I don't know about this. Do you remember what an awkward fool Trump made of himself before the election at the Catholic charity roast in New York, the Al Smith Dinner, which was hosted by the Cardinal?

Often times when a person is a bully and enjoys making fun and lying about other people--trying to hurt and humiliate others-- he just can't take the same kind of treatment himself.

It's also a well-known fact that bullies are cowards.

• Like 5

Despite all the criticism that other presidents like President Obama, George W Bush and Richard Nixon received, they were never afraid to attend this dinner.

I think the word we have for Trump is that he's just a coward. Having orchestrated so many New York events, he couldn't handle something that he wasn't in control of that was not designed to make him look good.

The "reality" TV star is just afraid of real Reality.

Clearly he can dish it out but can't take it and that is the sign of a coward.

• Like 2

I'M afraid Trump's penchant for "tweeting"  will be comparable to NERO's fiddle.

The phrase "Rome burned while NERO fiddled"  might be replaced with "America imploded while TRUMP tweeted".

Sepiatone

• Like 3

Jon Stewart joins Stephen Colbert to mock the media’s ‘breakup’ with Trump-

"Hey guys, hey media,” Stewart started. “So, I heard Donald broke up with you. Stings a little, doesn’t it? You finally thought you’d met your match. A blabbermouth who’s as thin-skinned and narcissistic as you are. Well now it’s over! Well, good riddance, I say! Kick him to the curb.”....

Because 70-year-old men don’t get less cranky or racist as time goes by. Unless they happen to be visited by three spirits in the night.”...

Instead of worrying about whether Trump is un-American, or if he thinks you’re the enemy, or if he’s being mean to you, or if he’s going to let you go back into the briefings, do something for yourself. Self-improvement! Take up a hobby. I recommend journalism.”.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/02/28/jon-stewart-joins-stephen-colbert-to-mock-the-medias-breakup-with-trump/?utm_term=.61664273517a

:D

Jon Stewart joins Stephen Colbert to mock the media’s ‘breakup’ with Trump-

"Hey guys, hey media,” Stewart started. “So, I heard Donald broke up with you. Stings a little, doesn’t it? You finally thought you’d met your match. A blabbermouth who’s as thin-skinned and narcissistic as you are. Well now it’s over! Well, good riddance, I say! Kick him to the curb.”....

Because 70-year-old men don’t get less cranky or racist as time goes by. Unless they happen to be visited by three spirits in the night.”...

Instead of worrying about whether Trump is un-American, or if he thinks you’re the enemy, or if he’s being mean to you, or if he’s going to let you go back into the briefings, do something for yourself. Self-improvement! Take up a hobby. I recommend journalism.”.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/02/28/jon-stewart-joins-stephen-colbert-to-mock-the-medias-breakup-with-trump/?utm_term=.61664273517a

:D

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Trump Advocated White Nationalism With An "Indoor Voice," And Pundits Loved It-

"there’s a lot more to this story. As NBC’s Katy Tur properly noted, while it was an emotional moment in the speech, it “came after Trump seemed to blame his generals/Obama for Owen’s death” just that morning, and after NBC reported that “senior intelligence sources dispute” the White House’s “characterization of [the] raid as a success.” As Tur pointed out, NBC’s reporting “would mean that Trump isn’t being honest with a grieving wife. And that is anything BUT presidential.”

The praise also ignored the actual content of Trump’s address. Those lauding the speech as “normal” ignored what was extraordinarily abnormal about it of it. As The Washington Post’s Fact Checker noted, “President Trump’s maiden address to Congress was notable because it was filled with numerous inaccuracies.” And while large parts of the speech simply featured Trump touting what he’s done so far as president, not much about those actions is normal either. According to a New York Times analysis, most of the significant actions and events in Trump’s presidency thus far have been “abnormal.”.....

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/01/trump-advocated-white-nationalism-indoor-voice-and-pundits-loved-it/215509

:(

• Like 2

Yeah, I know. 

What did he say?---79 MILLION out of work??  Labor Dept. sources say that the number would represent an unemployment rate of 40%!   And not the ACTUAL 7% it really is.  Kinda reminds me of John Iselin in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE----

"There are 57 card carrying commuists in...."   :lol:

Reagan tried the same kind of "sleight of hand" back in '84 when he claimed the number of people on unemployment was less than when he took office.  He figured many of us wouldn't know that unemployment checks STOP after 26 weeks and after that the names are dropped from the rolls.  Doesn't  mean they're employed though.

Sepiatone

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is not going to allow the press to travel with him on his plane during an upcoming trip to Asia. According to Poynter.org, which reported on the call, not allowing reporters on Tillerson’s government plane would be would be “very unusual, if not unprecedented, certainly in recent annals, with substantial access given by recent Secretaries of State, including John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice.”....

“The secretary of state has given only a handful of prepared statements to the press and has not taken any questions,” CNN noted.

That veil of secrecy has quickly emerged as the hallmark for this shadowy administration.....

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/09/locked-out-media-watch-while-trump-administration-retreats-secrecy/215610

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is not going to allow the press to travel with him on his plane during an upcoming trip to Asia. According to Poynter.org, which reported on the call, not allowing reporters on Tillerson’s government plane would be would be “very unusual, if not unprecedented, certainly in recent annals, with substantial access given by recent Secretaries of State, including John Kerry, Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice.”....

“The secretary of state has given only a handful of prepared statements to the press and has not taken any questions,” CNN noted.

That veil of secrecy has quickly emerged as the hallmark for this shadowy administration.....

https://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/09/locked-out-media-watch-while-trump-administration-retreats-secrecy/215610

Doesn't matter, a large percentage of long-term, career State Dept. officials have been terminated with no intention of replacing them.

The Administration's plan apparently is to let the State Dept. gradually wither away after it builds up the interests of the corporations.

I watched parts of Rachel Maddow's "expose" last night re: Trump's 2005 taxes.  Like most of her programs, way too much hype for what was actually reported.

As usual, it took her about 15-20 minutes to actually get to the story.  Then there really wasn't much to report in reality.

Then it just did not sound like the "breaking news" that she always claims for all her shows.

Today, I caught a few minutes of Fox News at noon.  The topic was about how Maddow, MSNBC and even Lawrence O'Donnell blew this out of proportion.  God forgive me, but I agreed with Fox commentators.

Maddow used to have good shows, but she has become obsessed with Trump.  In addition, she goes on and on and on before she actually "reports" anything.  Not to mention, all the teasers between long commercial breaks about more breaking news or special guests, etc. after the next round of commercials.

I watched parts of Rachel Maddow's "expose" last night re: Trump's 2005 taxes.  Like most of her programs, way too much hype for what was actually reported.

As usual, it took her about 15-20 minutes to actually get to the story.  Then there really wasn't much to report in reality.

Then it just did not sound like the "breaking news" that she always claims for all her shows.

Today, I caught a few minutes of Fox News at noon.  The topic was about how Maddow, MSNBC and even Lawrence O'Donnell blew this out of proportion.  God forgive me, but I agreed with Fox commentators.

Maddow used to have good shows, but she has become obsessed with Trump.  In addition, she goes on and on and on before she actually "reports" anything.  Not to mention, all the teasers between long commercial breaks about more breaking news or special guests, etc. after the next round of commercials.

The author that was mailed the tax return was on CNN this morning and he said that with the tax credit loss which Trump used twice for the same loss (made illegal a short while later) would have reduced the tax payable to 3 million or 3%.  I'm surprised the press is saying Trump payed almost 30 million in taxes when according to this expert he didn't.

The author that was mailed the tax return was on CNN this morning and he said that with the tax credit loss which Trump used twice for the same loss (made illegal a short while later) would have reduced the tax payable to 3 million or 3%.  I'm surprised the press is saying Trump payed almost 30 million in taxes when according to this expert he didn't.

Johnson was on O'Donnell last night, along with Maddow.  They constantly referred to $38 mil. in taxes and never said it was less or could have been less.  Not that I heard.

Has Tilllerson gone to Asia without any press?  Don't the people in the U.S. have the right to know what is going on any longer?

They would have to furnish their own airplane or pay for travel on commercial planes.

In the past, a section of the secretary's plane was reserved for journalist or else a second plane was provided.  That is my understanding of what happened.

More importantly, apparently he did not take any staffers with him either.  You know, the people who actually know what the hell is happening.

"

Bush Ethics Lawyer Says Donald Trump May Have Leaked His Own Tax Returns-

"It is marked 'client copy'. It is not the copy filed with the IRS. Did he leak it himself? Lets see 2006-2016"

One the one hand, it appears to hurt him. On the other, Trump is a master manipulator of the media. As well as serving as a distraction, the release would be a way for Donald Trump to head off further speculation about his tax returns......

Shaun King @ShaunKing

I absolutely believe Trump released this tax return himself. Anything to distract people from the countless other scandals he's mired in.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/15/bush-ethics-lawyer-donald-trump-leaked-tax-returns.html

:unsure:

Rogue POTUS Staff @RoguePOTUSStaff 7h7 hours ago

Rogue POTUS Staff Retweeted Slate

In retrospect, there were indications that POTUS leaked this. Seems the intended effect was achieved.

Rogue POTUS Staff added,

SlateVerified account @Slate

Rachel Maddow turned a scoop on Donald Trump's taxes into a self-defeating spectacle: http://slate.me/2nE3yIB 

C69S7YdXAAAJFj0.jpg