Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A challenge; predict the 2016 *Oscar nominees???

spence

I've previously poisted these, but as I say, they aren't usually final until 7 to 10  days before the official nominations are to be announced on January 26th, 2017. Beside's theres a tonnage of sites that are of course already typically doing this-(a bit too much if you ask me) when I started there was no internet.

& now that the annual NYFCC, LAFCA, NBR, SAG nods & G. Globe nods have had their day.

DGA-( still has yet to name it's annual top 5 & the $million$ dollar question applies again, for many anyway

Will the include *Mel for "Hacksaw Ridge?"-(he certainly deserved to be in the race for his ultra gory WW2 film though)  About a quarter of my fellow pundits so far are not expected him to make the cut come *Oscar time. I'm still mixed, but know how uptight they can always be. (EXAMPLE: They just said the scores for :Manchester..." "Silence" & a 3rd picture are deemed ineligible, as is "Elle" now for Foreign-Language film? Directors Guild of America announced it's on Jan. 12th.  & on a personal note-(go check out it's pretty well-crafted site when you get a second) It started in 1996 & has constantly been growing in momentum & rep. The OFCS Awards-(Online Film Critics Society-(west coast group)

SEE, ALSO THE *OSCARS LIKE TO INCLUDE BIG NAME CELEBS, SUCH AS *GIBSON, *JENNIFER LAWRENCE, *DENZEL, *SCORSESE & OF COURSE *"MARVELOUS MERY: OBVIOUSLY FOR RATINGS SAKE.

(EXAMPLE: 1997's-(THE 70th ANNUAL *ACADEMY AWARDS) ARE STILL BY FAR THE HIGHEST RATING IN IT'S HISTORY,OBVIOUS REASON *"TITANIC"  *JACK NICHOLSON,*ROBIN WILLIAMS, *Leo & MORE!)

& to Bogie56, LawrenceA,etc whom already do that marvelous thread 2016 Movies, I had hoped you guys & anyone else would like to enter??? & FEEL FREE TO (REVISE) YOURS AS WELL> EW, goldderby.com., awardsdaily.com & many others started far too early though. & who agrees, there are now too-many annual Pre-*Oscar Awards?
& if your not up on the flix, just match 'em up (*-Indicates early leader)

& to date there are 6,800 voting members & growing faster then ever, mainly due to the last 2 yrs & black performers being totally shut-out of all the top (20) acting categories  They also had an online/text petition drive "Oscars So White" remember it?

*Oscar nominee for screenplay for '89's "Do the Right Thing" ($26m.) Spike lee pretty much helmed the entire movement. A great film 4 stars! But, as far as blacks & historical accuracy went that yr the magnificent "Glory" ($43m.) was a greater achievement. *Denzel, cinemartograpohy & sound scored overall

So as the AMPAS promised minorities just after last yrs. They not only recruited about 75 more voting members, but now have it's first black president ever & a lady.

So we shall see what happens, huh

Personally, I don't see my self really altering anything now this yr myself

BEST PICTURE?:-(there will be 8 to 10 for the 8th consecutive year. Who else still likes just the five?):
"FENCES" (Paramount)
"HACKSAW RIDGE" (Lion's Gate)-($65m. to date)
"HELL OR HIGH WATER" (LG)-$47m.)
*"LA LA LAND"-(Summit)(will lead the field with a dozen or more nods.)*
"MANCHESTER BY THE SEA"
"MOONLIGHT"(M24)
"SILENCE" (Paramount)
"SULLY" (Warner Bros.)-($130m. td)
& If there are ten?:
"LOVING" & "LION"

BEST ACTOR?:
*CASEY AFFLECK in "Manchester by the Sea"*
JOEL EDGERTON, "Loving"
ANDREW GARFIELD, "Hacksaw Ridge"
RYAN GOSLING, "La La Land"
& *DENZEL WASHINGTON, "Fences"

BEST ACTRESS?:
ISABELLE HUPPERT in "Elle"
RUTH NEGGA, "Loving"
NATALIE PORTMAN, "Jackie"
*EMMA STONE, "La La Land"*
& MERYL STREEP, "Florence Foster Jenkins"-(TRIVIA/FAX: Most know she's thee all-time nominee champ, this would denote #20! & she's just now 57. Closest to her for performers are both &K. Hepburn & *Nicolson)-also a dozen so far)

SUPPORTING ACTOR?:
*MAHERSHELA ALI, "Moonlight"*
JEFF BRIDGES, "Hell or High Water"
LUCAS HEDGES, "Manchester by the Sea"
OSSEI OGATA, "Silence"
& DEV PATEL, "Lion"

SUPPORTING ACTRESS?:-(easiest race to get a handle on a victory)>
*VIOLA DAVIS, "Fences"*
 NAOMIE HARRIS, "Moonlight"
NICOLE KIDMAN in "Lion"

OCTAVIA SPENCER, "Hidden Figures"
& MICHELLE WILLIAMS, "Manchester by the Sea"

& BEST DIRECTOR?:
*DAMIEN CHAZELLE for "La La Land"*
*BERRY JENKINS, "Moonlight"*
RICHARD LONERGAN, "Manchester by the Sea"
DAVID MacKENZIE, "Hell or High Water"
& MARTIN SCORSESE for "Silence"-(his #9th nomination!)
(P.S. Although the HFPA G. Globes nommed *Mel Gibson, the *ACADEMY may still hold a grudge as they often due & snubbed him for "H. Ridge?"  I thought he was robbed for 04 smash hit ($374m.) "Passion of the Christ" for another BD shot. Arguably though the most violent film I've ever seen! Then he went back at it w/the unknown & also powerhouse 2006/07 "Apocalypto" ($17m.) (***1/2)

AND; JUST FOR US ALL HUGE "MOVIE-MUSIC BUFFS/FANS"

BEST ORIGINAL-SCORE?:

"THE BFG" (John Williams & if again in the race at age 84. It will mark his 52nd nod. *Williams already all- time  record holder-(only after *Walt Disney with (59)

"FLORENCE DFOSTER JENKINS" (Alexander Desplat)

"JACKIE" (Mac Levi)

*"LA LA LAND" (Justin Hurwitz)*

& "MOONLIGHT"

I know not exactly the era of "Hollywoods Golden Age" & "Studio-System" when it comes to scoring i.e. *"GWTW"*"Casablanca" "Treasure Sierra Madre" "The Wizard of 0z" "Kong" (l933), "Modern Times"-(by *Chaplin), "Vertigo" *"Lawrence of Arabia"  "One Upon a Time in the West"-(my fav.) "The Great Escape"

"Giant" *"Waterfront"

& more, but there's still some strong scores out there    AFI voted "SW" (l9777) as #1 in it' little known 2006 poll

at "The Hollywood Bowl' & composed by *Williams. It only picked the top #25 this time though.

Called "A Century of Movie Music"

(FINAL NOTE: & who else hates when they perform the nominated Best 0. Song numbers vs. just show them in the film & or clips?)

(FINAL NOTE: I already see predict "La La Land" to sweept 7 to 8 *Golden "statuettes" at "The Dolby Theatre" (680l H. Blvd) on Sunday February 19th, 2017.  BUT, HOPE THERE'S  SOME SURPRISES

. MY FAV> SO-FAR FOR 2016 & JUST BEFOIRE SEEING THAT MUSUICAL IS "THE JUNGLE BOOK" (Disney)-(among very 21st movies I was taken to by my mom as a kid was the '67 animated version

Now my colleagues also rank/consider the 2 writing awards to be among the top (8)  maybe later.)

A TIP, IT'S A "STATUTE" "LA LA LAND" LIKELY WON'T TAKE HOME?

THANK YOU & AS ALWAYS YOUR VIEWS & PREDIX ARE WELCOME & INTERESTING???

• Like 1

I can't get into all of the nominees, but judging by what's been winning so far, I would predict that the acting winners will be:

Best Actor: Casey Affleck Manchester By the Sea

Best Actress:  Natalie Portman  Jackie

Best Supporting Actor:  Mahershala Ali  Moonlight

Best Supporting Actress:  Viola Davis  Fences

Best Picture: toss-up between Moonlight and La La Land

• Like 1

How Viola Davis could ever be considered anything other than the lead actress in Fences is bizarre.  But there she is in the supporting category for every award show.  Placed there no doubt by the film's producers to enhance her odds at winning.  It's terrible that her chances of competing against Natalie Portman or Emma Stone are viewed as that bad.

• Like 1

Don't rule out Amy Adams in the Best Actress category for "Arrival." The film is doing well at the domestic box-office (it's earned $130.5 million since its release on November 11). Plus, she's an A-list actress respected by her peers (she's had five Oscar nominations since January 2006). This could be her year!

tumblr_mfcso1sX571qguputo1_500.gif

I can't get into all of the nominees, but judging by what's been winning so far, I would predict that the acting winners will be:

If the L.A. Times campaign is successful there will be more African-American nominees (or 'brown' ones) then ever before.    The Times is already running daily 'news' stories (e.g. on front page and not just in the entertainment section).   I say 'news' because to me they read like promos.    

Cleary the Times has an agenda especially after all the fuss last year that lead to the change in Academy membership.   Hey,  change was necessary so I'll wait and see what the actual nominees are.

• Like 1

Don't rule out Amy Adams in the Best Actress category for "Arrival." The film is doing well at the domestic box-office (it's earned $130.5 million since its release on November 11). Plus, she's an A-list actress respected by her peers (she's had five Oscar nominations since January 2006). This could be her year!

I really like Amy Adams, so I'm hoping she'll get another nomination, but I don't see her winning, if for no other reason than that the film in question is science fiction, and the Oscars rarely award SF films except for the tech categories.

My earlier guess about the winners has one addendum: Michelle Williams in Manchester by the Sea has a strong chance of winning the Supporting Actress award rather than Viola Davis. They're about 50/50 at this point.

I really like Amy Adams, so I'm hoping she'll get another nomination, but I don't see her winning, if for no other reason than that the film in question is science fiction, and the Oscars rarely award SF films except for the tech categories.

There's always a chance that Oscar voters also will remember Adams' performance in Tom Ford's acclaimed thriller "Nocturnal Animals." 

• Like 1

There's always a chance that Oscar voters also will remember Adams' performance in Tom Ford's acclaimed thriller "Nocturnal Animals." 

To Jakeem, have you seen it yet? Typically the uptight *AMPAS ruled that several scores were not eligible, including "The Arrival" "Silence" & another one that looked as though it may be in the running.

To me that category is a BLOW-OUT! *"La La Land" as well as one of it's 3 songs.

• Like 1

Thanks LawrenceA, we REALLY SPLIT on Natalie "Walking Down-the- Aisle" again for "Jackie" though! Emma Stone already seems to be yet another lock to win, though I hope I'm a little bit incorrect on the actual winners, despite I of course love winning contests,etc It just gets boring though. I'll never-(or who can) the year of *"TITANIC" ('97) sweeping (11) *ACADEMY AWARDS & I NOT ONLY IT WOULD ACHIEVE THAT GOAL & (TIE) *"BEN-HUR" (MGM) But also would (tie)-(just using math & handicapping-(& again, this was before help & benefit on the net) *"ALL ABOUT EVE"s" (record 14 noms.) Do you agree on some surprises? Ever see Portman in both "Closer" (03) ($32m.) (***) & her Best Actress-(deserved) for 2010's "The Black Swan?"

My girl WINONA had a small role in there too! I first knew Portman had "star Quality: upon seeing her in 1994's "The Professional" ($19m.) You can just tell w/some performers *reese was anotherwhen I first caught her on tv in a film "Freeway" even beore her terrific 1999 "Election" ($18m.) (***1/2)

NO TAKERS YOU GUYS ON OUR OWN LITTLE IN HOUSE CONTEST???

Thanks LawrenceA, we REALLY SPLIT on Natalie "Walking Down-the- Aisle" again for "Jackie" though! Emma Stone already seems to be yet another lock to win, though I hope I'm a little bit incorrect on the actual winners,

I was basing my pick of Portman on her four wins so far from the various groups. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Emma Stone win, as she's one of my favorite young actresses.

How Viola Davis could ever be considered anything other than the lead actress in Fences is bizarre.  But there she is in the supporting category for every award show.  Placed there no doubt by the film's producers to enhance her odds at winning.  It's terrible that her chances of competing against Natalie Portman or Emma Stone are viewed as that bad.

They have a very long history of doing that: *Eva Marie Saint in *"Waterfront"-(to me the most glaring) *Streep in *"Kramer" *Mary Astor, "The Great Lie" *Matthau, "The Fortune Cookie" *Tatum 0'Neal in "Paper Moon" *George Burns somewhat in "The Sunshine Boys" *Timothy Hutton, *"O. People" & many more. & it's also done vice-cersa too>*Spencer's very first nomination was for Best Actor in "San Francisco" but he was on screen 17 minutes? Then you got *Finch in "Network" *Hopkins-(22min) in *"Silence of the lambs" & so on.

I was basing my pick of Portman on her four wins so far from the various groups. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Emma Stone win, as she's one of my favorite young actresses.

Remember the "Guilty Pleasure" "Zombieland" 2008 w/her in there?

• Like 1

Anyone yet to also see the very strange yet meticulous 2004 Western "The Assassination of Jesse James, by the Coward Bob Ford?"-(title was far too long) but it was slow-moving & for me had a way of staying with me afterward. It only made $4m. & Brad Pitt was in the title role, Affleck-(his brother bores me though)was actually remembered at *Oscar time w/a s. actor nomination & it took home a well-deserved statue for cinematography. (3 & 1/2)

He was also on *Nicole's 1995 "To Die For" ($21m.) (***1/2)

& of course *Clooney's "0cean's Eleven-trilogy"

To me, he';s a strange actor, where is *Ben is a dullard-(except for 06's terrific & little seen "Hollywoodland" ($18m.) (***1/2)

Anyone yet to also see the very strange yet meticulous 2004 Western "The Assassination of Jesse James, by the Coward Bob Ford?"-(title was far too long) but it was slow-moving & for me had a way of staying with me afterward. It only made $4m. & Brad Pitt was in the title role, Affleck-(his brother bores me though)was actually remembered at *Oscar time w/a s. actor nomination & it took home a well-deserved statue for cinematography. (3 & 1/2)

He was also on *Nicole's 1995 "To Die For" ($21m.) (***1/2)

& of course *Clooney's "0cean's Eleven-trilogy"

I loved The Assassination of Jesse James... It was in my top three faves of that year (2007, not 2004).

Casey Affleck has done a few more noteworthy roles, in my opinion, anyway. He had a few good lines in Good Will Hunting (1997), I thought he was terrific as the lead in Gone Baby Gone (2007) and in the little-seen The Killer Inside Me from 2010. I also liked the elaborate prank mockumentary that Affleck directed I'm Still Here (2010) about the supposed meltdown of actor Joaquin Phoenix, which was actually a long-con joke. Affleck is Phoenix's brother-in-law, as he's been married to Summer Phoenix since 2006 (although they separated this year).

• Like 1

LawrenceA,  are you really a Basil Rathboine fan pal?

To LawrenceA, my vote as the 2nd finest "TCM-ITE"-(P.S. Nobody told me, as they gave their word, but net surfing I located your FB page buddy. PLEASEREPLY FROM IT-(msg) I correspond with sooo-many on there, but prefer regular sites such as this "The Mt. Summit" (EXAMPLE: Madonna & I have actually be "friends" & correspond for about a year & 1/2 now.  She's even gotten to the pot where she writes me (seldom though) via my regular e mail inbox! & just the other evening Robert (RJ) Wagner made "friends" with me as well. I'm not a huge fan, for reasons I will not go into here ok. Though it's surreal, ,There is NATAIE & MY #1 ALL-TIME HERO & IDOL: *"THE GREAT TRACY"-(which td is about anything I write him about & recall that now very famous 'Bust"/"Sculpture/"Bust" that *Kate sculpted-(it's only 3& 1/2 inches in granite & it stunningly sold at her "Sotheby's Auction" MUC A grand gal I've met via TCM forums at first around 02-(this neart lady used to buy me many things too books, posters, memoriabelia, (":SCENE-IT?) "SO FRUSTRATED I'VE NEVER HAD ANOTHER FAN TO PLAY THE DVD VIDEO?BOARD GAME -(even contains klittle chess klike oieces, but of "Kane" *"Casablahnca" "Oz" & more, used to work in Manhattan  Madison Ave. Holly used to almost daily see Cary Grant) (a cosmetics agency) by her A #1 all-time hero was always *CAGNEY instead!-(another fairly ly long but interesting stoiry when she accidentally at only 17-18 got lost in NYC upstate area ("Verney Farms")  & there he was, *JAMES (Francis) CAGNEY around 1968. -(you catch easily locate online. I had the photo enlarged & lamenated section of my "Walls-of-Fame":  Anyhow, Holly raised over the "Sotheby's Auction" bought us both 2 lgf catalogs!   Now, the thing that brings me back to Wagner, "The Bust" wenrt unsold all evening, then just at the end of the auctiobn someone called-(anonymously) to a phone call bidder, or a couple & did this, they got it for ($316.000)

I've strongly felt it was either Wagner or Burt Reynolds-(who idolized *Spence since the mid 1950';s) (MATTER OF FACT, I'M POSITIVE YOU'VE SEEN HIS TRIBUTE TO HIS IDOL OFTEN AIRS ONT THE NETWORK)

• Like 1

To LawrenceA, my vote as the 2nd finest "TCM-ITE"-(P.S. Nobody told me, as they gave their word, but net surfing I located your FB page buddy. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that, as I don't have a Facebook page. You may have found one of my relatives, though. 

• Like 1

Why would I not be?

than you of all fans know his two **** at an *Oscar?

(TRIVIAL was him doing  a swordfight sequence vs.TyronePower when Power just passed away in;58,or*George Sanders?:

1 was on the set of 'Solomen & Sheba"

• Like 1

I loved The Assassination of Jesse James... It was in my top three faves of that year (2007, not 2004).

Casey Affleck has done a few more noteworthy roles, in my opinion, anyway. He had a few good lines in Good Will Hunting (1997), I thought he was terrific as the lead in Gone Baby Gone (2007) and in the little-seen The Killer Inside Me from 2010. I also liked the elaborate prank mockumentary that Affleck directed I'm Still Here (2010) about the supposed meltdown of actor Joaquin Phoenix, which was actually a long-con joke. Affleck is Phoenix's brother-in-law, as he's been married to Summer Phoenix since 2006 (although they separated this year).

Lawrence, we are in the minory w/"Assassination of...." I rated it (***1/2) & it did take home Best Cinematography & though-(once again) he was the leading pt, he earned a s. actor shot instead for it  Only made $4m.

Look at likes of it, where they 1st care about the art of the Western  vs. the recent rehaash "Magnificent Seven" (**) ($95m.)

Personally I even tought *Tantino's over 3hrong Western from last C'mas "Hateful-Eight" (**) ($55m.) to be better then that recent remake. At least he tried to do something original, you know & man, did the always talented  Jennifer Jason Leigh et her long overdue *Oscar arttention for it! & to top th9ings off, maybe the highnote odf last tyrs *Oscars, was in finally seeing 87yr old *Ennio Morricone  "Waklk-Down-the Aisle"   A category I'm proud to say I got correct too!

To LawrenceA, my vote as the 2nd finest "TCM-ITE"-(P.S. Nobody told me, as they gave their word, but net surfing I located your FB page buddy. PLEASEREPLY FROM IT-(msg) I correspond with sooo-many on there, but prefer regular sites such as this "The Mt. Summit" (EXAMPLE: Madonna & I have actually be "friends" & correspond for about a year & 1/2 now.  She's even gotten to the pot where she writes me (seldom though) via my regular e mail inbox! & just the other evening Robert (RJ) Wagner made "friends" with me as well. I'm not a huge fan, for reasons I will not go into here ok. Though it's surreal, ,There is NATAIE & MY #1 ALL-TIME HERO & IDOL: *"THE GREAT TRACY"-(which td is about anything I write him about & recall that now very famous 'Bust"/"Sculpture/"Bust" that *Kate sculpted-(it's only 3& 1/2 inches in granite & it stunningly sold at her "Sotheby's Auction" MUC A grand gal I've met via TCM forums at first around 02-(this neart lady used to buy me many things too books, posters, memoriabelia, (":SCENE-IT?) "SO FRUSTRATED I'VE NEVER HAD ANOTHER FAN TO PLAY THE DVD VIDEO?BOARD GAME -(even contains klittle chess klike oieces, but of "Kane" *"Casablahnca" "Oz" & more, used to work in Manhattan  Madison Ave. Holly used to almost daily see Cary Grant) (a cosmetics agency) by her A #1 all-time hero was always *CAGNEY instead!-(another fairly ly long but interesting stoiry when she accidentally at only 17-18 got lost in NYC upstate area ("Verney Farms")  & there he was, *JAMES (Francis) CAGNEY around 1968. -(you catch easily locate online. I had the photo enlarged & lamenated section of my "Walls-of-Fame":  Anyhow, Holly raised over the "Sotheby's Auction" bought us both 2 lgf catalogs!   Now, the thing that brings me back to Wagner, "The Bust" wenrt unsold all evening, then just at the end of the auctiobn someone called-(anonymously) to a phone call bidder, or a couple & did this, they got it for ($316.000)

I've strongly felt it was either Wagner or Burt Reynolds-(who idolized *Spence since the mid 1950';s) (MATTER OF FACT, I'M POSITIVE YOU'VE SEEN HIS TRIBUTE TO HIS IDOL OFTEN AIRS ONT THE NETWORK)

Lawrence, I sure wish you'd change your mind pal & just try & predict say the top 3=-5 major noms./categories??? Especially due to the fact I possibly respect your views more than the rest within our favorirte forums.

But, unfortunately I don't know him & his writing nearly as much as you pal?

SORRY

& as I always just tell regular movie-geoers, if you've not seen all the potential BP contenders, just match them up w/what you've been reading,etc

As it stands I only reviewed/went to about (3) BEST FILM NOMINEES LAST YEAR & CAN YOU BELIEVE, I'VE STILL NOT BEEN ABLE TO VIEW *"SPOTLIGHT?"-(I hit that 1 wrong too, predicting like most that "The Revenant" would sweep 6 or more? I thin it was 2 fold. People respected it, but didn't love it. & *"Spotlight" was said to be well-made & had a very important message too.

BUT, FOR NOW I'll JUST DID WHAT YOU DID & FOREECAST/PREDICT THE FINAL WINNERS-oops, still having bad & getting worse head trauma my friends. It was (JAMES GUITAR THAT DID SO

TO JAMES GUITAR-(obviousy the fella' with *Cagney on his avatar!  Can you believe I just still somehow do not know how to place 1 on my profile-(notaby *Spencer Tracy or *Sinatra)

& I've read how to do it many times, but it's just won't take fore me. Especially nowadays after getting sicker & injuries,etc)

1st of all I must be certain this reply is to you & not my buddty (Lawrence?)

You didn't want totry & forecast WHO & WHAT MAY BE NOMINATED FOR THE SOON TO BE 89th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS-(AMPAS) & I understand that,but still wish you & many would change their mind-(P.S. Will soon be a card-carrying of The OFCS & have been a card carrying AFI member since 1992-(though too $$$ & at lower level)  They even have a Florida Film Critics Society-*(1996-) but they don't interest me. There's just far too-many of these awards  prior to "THE SHOW" theasedays!?

So, I just post my winners predix as you did>

Best Picture: "La La Land"-(& will likely sweep 7 to 8 overall) 

Actor: Casey Affleck in "Manchester by the Sea"-(though close vs. *Denzel in "Fences" I already see *Denzel winning his 1st ever SAG Award & over Casey)

Actress: Emma Stone in "La La Land"-(a likey sure thing)

S. Actor:  Mahersala Ali in "Moonlight"

S. Actress: *Viola Davis in "Fences"-(easiest race to predict!)

Best Director: (close call right now) Damien Chazelle for "La La Land" & or Berry Jenkins for "Moonlight"

Adapted-Screenplay: "Silence" (Jay ****)-(P.S> I think his peers may want to finally award him the statue, due toi his history,etc) Barely over: "Moonlight"

Original-Screenplay: "Machester by the Sea"

& Best 0. score: "La La Land" (Just Hurwitz)

OOPS, AGAIN, IT WAS OUR VERY OWN LAWRENCE, that posted these & pn a personal note, I mostly must nowadays use a damn wheelchair around the house, but refused to submit to it all outside

than you of all fans know his two **** at an *Oscar?

(TRIVIAL was him doing  a swordfight sequence vs.TyronePower when Power just passed away in;58,or*George Sanders?:

1 was on the set of 'Solomen & Sheba"

O, come on LawrenceA, I kinow you easil know the 2 s. actor noms that Rathbone earned 1936's "Romeo & Julet" (MGM) & 1938's "If I Were King"

But, for this viewer, never really liked him Somewhat as the dispicable villain opposite Garbo in  2935's "Anna Karenoina" (<GM)

He was such as truly awful individual to her

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings