Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zsa Zsa Gabor 1917-2016

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/zsa-zsa-gabor-dead-dies-1201945003/

Zsa Zsa has been in bad health for years and it's surprising that she made it to 99, but I was really rooting for her to make it to 100.  She was only about 1.5 months away.  

She was the original "famous for being famous" celebrity. 

Though she did appear in films.  I liked her tiny part in Touch of Evil.

I wish she had appeared with sister Eva Gabor in Green Acres.  For the longest time, I thought that Zsa Zsa and Eva were twins.  It turns out that Zsa Zsa was a couple years older! 

• Like 1

How could you forget Queen of Outer Space.

And she was the former Mrs. George Sanders, which I did not know.

Zsa Zsa was survived by her ninth husband, to whom she was married longer than the first eight combined.

• Like 3

How could you forget Queen of Outer Space.

And she was the former Mrs. George Sanders, which I did not know.

Zsa Zsa was survived by her ninth husband, to whom she was married longer than the first eight combined.

I haven't seen Queen of Outer Space but based on Lawrence's poster, I need to.  

I believe Zsa Zsa's sister Magda was also a former Mrs. George Sanders.  I think between the three Gabor sisters, they had a combined 20 marriages.

And, how could we forget her in what is probably her best performance she ever gave in probably the best film she was ever in...

Zsa_Zsa_Gabor_as_Jane_Avril,_Moulin_Roug

...as Jane Avril in John Huston's 1952 production of MOULIN ROUGE.

• Like 3

I haven't seen Queen of Outer Space but based on Lawrence's poster, I need to.  

Not to take away from Zsa Zsa's moment here folks, but Speedy, while you're checkin' out that camp classic, be sure to keep an eye out for the "Venusian" beauty who I always thought was hottest of 'em all on that planet...the statuesque brunette beauty here in the middle...actress Lynn Cartwright...

queen-of-outer-space-5.png

;)

(...okay...and now back to Zsa Zsa)

• Like 2

Not to take away from Zsa Zsa's moment here folks, but Speedy, while you're checkin' out that camp classic, be sure to keep an eye out for the "Venusian" beauty who I always thought was hottest of 'em all on that planet...the statuesque brunette beauty here in the middle...actress Lynn Cartwright...

queen-of-outer-space-5.png

;)

(...okay...and now back to Zsa Zsa)

I recognize her from another sci-fi classic, The Wasp Woman! She also played an older Geena Davis in A League of Their Own

I'm looking forward to Queen Of Outer Space.  

I also remember Zsa Zsa from a couple classic episodes of: Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman! Batman! Batmannnnnnn! She was of course, one of the celebrity villains.  

• Like 2

[quote name="speedracer5" post="1430524" timestamp=

I also remember Zsa Zsa from a couple classic episodes of: Na Na Na Na Na Na Batman! Batman! Batmannnnnnn! She was of course, one of the celebrity villains.

Just one episode: MINERVA, MAYHEM AND MILLIONAIRES, it was the final episode of the series. She played an evil spa owner who uses a hair dryer to extract secrets out of millionaires.

• Like 2

The great Zsa Zsa Gabor, RIP.

My friends and I would occasionally hang around Sardi's entrance as 15-year old miscreants, hoping to get autographs.  A woman came out. I shouted "Zsa Zsa Gabor!" The woman looked at me and replied, "No, darling; Eva."

• Like 7

Wasn't QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE in the record books, for a while at least, for having the longest pre credits sequence in all filmdom? It's very strange, there's like 15 minutes of action and then all of a sudden after you've stopped thinking about or expecting them- the credits roll.

it's very ahead of its time and that one strange respect.

My friends and I would occasionally hang around Sardi's entrance as 15-year old miscreants, hoping to get autographs. A woman came out. I shouted "Zsa Zsa Gabor!" The woman looked at me and replied, "No, darling; Eva."

OMG: LOVE IT!

(thanks for sharing)

Wasn't QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE in the record books, for a while at least, for having the longest pre credits sequence in all filmdom? It's very strange, there's like 15 minutes of action and then all of a sudden after you've stopped thinking about or expecting them- the credits roll.

it's very ahead of its time and that one strange respect.

Well sure Lorna, in that aspect maybe, and especially for it all taking place in that far off year into the future, 1985 no less...

;)

• Like 2

Dargo--In the trailer for "Queen of Outer Space", stop it at the 15 second and 1:43 marks; the space station looks like outtakes from George Pal's "Conquest of Space" (1955).

I think you might be right here, FL.

• Like 1

My mother was crazy about the Gabor sisters - - I couldn't tell them apart. And I also couldn't tell what their talent was. Although I thought they were very entertaining on talk shows and brought their frank European viewpoints to America when there wasn't enough of that on the airwaves.

• Like 2

And, how could we forget her in what is probably her best performance she ever gave in probably the best film she was ever in...

Zsa_Zsa_Gabor_as_Jane_Avril,_Moulin_Roug

...as Jane Avril in John Huston's 1952 production of MOULIN ROUGE.

Vive la différence!

Then it was Eva Gabor who played Louis Jordan's mistress in Vincente Minnelli's Gigi--the truly excellent musical movie about turn-of-the-century Parisian culture--la Belle Epoque, based on a novella by Colette.

When I was growing up, anytime anyone wanted to hold someone up as the criteria for GLAMOUR, the name Zsa Zsa GABOR always came up!  ie  "Don't I look glamourous as Zsa Zsa?"  or..."She's a regular Zsa Zsa GABOR."

It's often been said that she was "famous for being famous", and she made the best of it.

Liked some of her quotes---

"A man is incomplete until he's married.  Then he's finished! "   or her claim of being a good  housekeeper.  "Every time I get a divorce, I KEEP THE HOUSE."   and..."Divorcing a man because you hate him is as silly as marrying him because you LOVE him."

She left quite a mark on American culture, and may she indeed REST IN PEACE.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

how about some pics of her as the queen of outer space. she managed to scare eric fleming into going out west as trail boss favor on Rawhide.

Zsa Zsa was okay but I think Eva is more beloved to people as lisa douglas on green acres.

she made Hootersville a household word and she was practically a second mother to arnold ziffel.

she was always so sweet to him and interpreted for him too.

I'll take eva over zsa zsa any day.  :)

• Like 1

WOW! I cant believe she died! I thought she'd hit a hundred for sure. Too bad it happened on a weekend, I missed the news spots. :( Amazing she lived so long considering how awful her life has been the last 5 years or so......

• Like 1