Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Zsa Zsa Gabor 1917-2016

I haven't seen Queen of Outer Space but based on Lawrence's poster, I need to.  

I believe Zsa Zsa's sister Magda was also a former Mrs. George Sanders.  I think between the three Gabor sisters, they had a combined 20 marriages.

I HATE DAT KWEEN!!!!!!

Yes, Magda married George some years after Zsa Zsa. I think it lasted less than a year........Zsa Zsa played matchmaker. But judging from the results she should have left well enough alone..........

"zaht."

I think it's more "I hate zaht Qveen," but I guess it's open to interpretation...

LOL. Yeah, yours is probably more accurate.

I hadnt realized she outlived her daughter who died LAST YEAR! (just read that today)

I vaguely remember her cop-slapping trial against a Beverly Hills policeman following a traffic stop--she was found 'not guilty'?

I do remember after the trial, she got a cameo part on the second or third installment of "Police Story" in the opening sequence.  The squad car with the siren going and the lights flashing traverses through the streets giving the viewer a dashboard view of the journey.  At the end of it, the cruiser pulls over a vehicle.  The occupant gets out...it's Zsa Zsa Gabor!  She walks up to the officer's ride and slaps the strobe on top of it and disables both the light and the siren...it was hilarious for those who knew about the real-life incident.

• Like 1

It is not generally known that Zsa Zsa also designed the props for Queen of Outer Space.

Untitled1-66.png

LOL

And of course, she also was the originator of that now forgotten phrase..."Once you go red, you never get it out of your head".

(...forgotten everywhere now days except within some Native American reservations, and where I understand it is still occasionally spoken)

I vaguely remember her cop-slapping trial against a Beverly Hills policeman following a traffic stop--she was found 'not guilty'?

I do remember after the trial, she got a cameo part on the second or third installment of "Police Story" in the opening sequence.  The squad car with the siren going and the lights flashing traverses through the streets giving the viewer a dashboard view of the journey.  At the end of it, the cruiser pulls over a vehicle.  The occupant gets out...it's Zsa Zsa Gabor!  She walks up to the officer's ride and slaps the strobe on top of it and disables both the light and the siren...it was hilarious for those who knew about the real-life incident.

Yeah, she had to spend a wknd in jail. She sold the story to one of the tabloids.........(The Enquirer turned her down flat! LOL)

Check out around the 1:30 mark:

Ithought she would have made it... Zsa Zsa Gabor in her prime was absolutely gorgeous,extremely beautiful,she was very intelligent,funny and witty,despite her numerous mariages, George Sanders was her great love,she was seeing him quite often between her weddings.

Ithought she would have made it... Zsa Zsa Gabor in her prime was absolutely gorgeous,extremely beautiful,she was very intelligent,funny and witty,despite her numerous mariages, George Sanders was her great love,she was seeing him quite often between her weddings.

Bottom line is that she wasn't a very good actress,  singer or dancer.    But she was one of the first celebrities that was known for just being a celebrity.    Today that is all too common but not so much in the 50s and 60s. 

The CNN story uses the term socialite and not actress in their headlines about her death.

Bottom line is that she wasn't a very good actress,  singer or dancer.    But she was one of the first celebrities that was known for just being a celebrity.    Today that is all too common but not so much in the 50s and 60s. 

The CNN story uses the term socialite and not actress in their headlines about her death.

I did not say she was a good or great actress,even Zsa Zsa would say it herself,she never pretended to be one.

No,she was definitely found guilty! And her haughty manner during the trial didnt help her case......

How could you forget Queen of Outer Space.And she was the former Mrs. George Sanders, which I did not know.Zsa Zsa was survived by her ninth husband, to whom she was married longer than the first eight combined.

The story goes that Zsa Zsa had spies on the set of ALL ABOUT EVE, after having sized up the buxom blonde beauty playing opposite her husband, Marilyn Monroe. Seems she showed up on the set, after one tete-a-tete between them, and laid down the law to Sanders. He reputedly never said another word to Marilyn during filming.

Speaking of MM, the two beautiful blondes were featured in the same film, the episodic WE'RE NOT MARRIED, although they were in separate episodes. Zsa Zsa costarred with Louis Calhern, playing, what else, the golddigging faithless.wife.

Besides MOULIN ROUGE, I also liked her in the mid-60s chiller, PICTURE MOMMY DEAD, with Don Ameche and another beautiful blonde, Martha Hyer.

When I was young, I remember coming across a cache of my cousin's Creem Magazines from the early/middle 70s. I devoured the contents, and somehow remember a tidbit about Zsa Zsa Gabor. For some reason, this rock magazine had a (gossip?) column by Lisa Robinson, which might've been set in London, or at least some columns were. Anyway, there was a tidbit about a mother and her young daughter, standing on a London street corner, when they spotted Gabor. The daughter pointed to her and exclaimed loudly, "Look mommy, it's Danny LaRue", apparently a famous female impersonator who did Zsa Zsa in his act.

What one remembers all these years later!

On the CBS evening news, anchor SCOTT PELLEY referred to the GABOR SISTERS as, "The KARDASHIANS of their time."

Aptly put, as they too, are mostly "famous for being famous". 

ARTURO---LISA ROBINSON did a show in the early '80's called "Radio 1990" which was seen on the USA channel Friday nights.

Sepiatone

She refused to do the community service offered to her so she had to do 3 days in jail instead.

Yep. So she could sell the story to the tabloids. No trash picking up for Zsa Zsa........

When I was young, I remember coming across a cache of my cousin's Creem Magazines from the early/middle 70s. I devoured the contents, and somehow remember a tidbit about Zsa Zsa Gabor. For some reason, this rock magazine had a (gossip?) column by Lisa Robinson, which might've been set in London, or at least some columns were. Anyway, there was a tidbit about a mother and her young daughter, standing on a London street corner, when they spotted Gabor. The daughter pointed to her and exclaimed loudly, "Look mommy, it's Danny LaRue", apparently a famous female impersonator who did Zsa Zsa in his act.

What one remembers all these years later!

LMREO!!!!

Maybe Debbie Reynolds could play Jolie. She did great Zsa Zsa and Eva imitations (but would be too old to play them) Unsure if there's anyone around today who could play the daughters that well!

• Like 1

I HATE DAT KWEEN!!!!!!

Yes, Magda married George some years after Zsa Zsa. I think it lasted less than a year........Zsa Zsa played matchmaker. But judging from the results she should have left well enough alone..........

george sanders commited suicide in 1972. :lol:

No,she was definitely found guilty! And her haughty manner during the trial didnt help her case......

Yes, the tabloids and her foul mouth during the incident and trial made her something of a piece-of-work punchline by the time we got the Naked Gun gag in the 80's--

From which an 80's generation now only remembers Freddy Kruger killing her off in one of the teen dreams from "Nightmare on Elm Street 3: the Good One".

https://youtu.be/TgR9krQRHeA?t=39s

(Reportedly, Dick Cavett said he really enjoyed seeing Zsa Zsa get it.)