Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help. What kind of cover did TCM's NP Guide have of Natalie Wood?

spence

I forgot,this was actually her 3rd time being "STOTM" because I own the previous 2 "Now Playing Guides" except for last months

So, was it a great issue, with a lot on her & especially it's cover?

Thank You & given it's just about *Oscar time once again, they should be ashamed-(her peers) of which she always loved to hang out with. In firast of all not voting her Best Actress in 1961's definitive role for her "Deanie" in "Splendor in the Grass" (*Loren won instead for "Two Women")

& then, to totally snub the tiny & most beautiful actress I've ever laid my old Irish on, yet for totally ignoring her as "Daisy" in '65's "Inside Daisy Clover???"-(FUN FAX: Meg Ryan so loved her character she named her child "Daisy" & "Splendor..." was her own fav. pic too)

As I've written many times, during that entire shoot-(P.S. By the way where is Angel Beach, CALIFORNIA?)

that virtually everybody involved in it's production *Redford, *Plummer, *Ruth Gordon-(who was up for s. actress), Robert Mulligan & the crew constantly told Natalia that just from her dailies she'd not only garner a 4th nomination, but win!  & she truly loved all things Hollywood,etc & was heartbroken over it :angry:

Plus, w/also having the all-time epic musical-(TRIVIA: They turned the famous opening sequence into "Rockefeller Center") of course being the 10 time sweeper *"West Side Story"-(NOTE: But & this is *Oscar-lore, why & *Chakiris won s. actor for his work? His has become a running gag of "worst roles to ever win?" & he defeated some heavyweights in: Jackie Gleason in "The Hustler" George C. Scott, "The Hustler" Monty Clift, "Judgment at Nuremberg" & Peter Falk in "Pocketful of Miracles?")

Official Best Actress contenders for 1965 were:

*Julie Christie in "Darling"

Julie Andrews, "Sound of Music"

Samantha Eggar, "The Collector"

Elizabeth Hartman, "A Patch of Blue" & Simone Signoret in "Ship of Fools"

Who shoulda' been bumped, if any & I THANK YOU :rolleyes:

She was just sitting on the beach circa 1950's in her first incarnation as "STOTM" & about 5yrs back TCM had a magificent shot of her as Maria from *"West Side..."

I had wished her 3rd time would be a photo of "Daisy" Not a great film, but a good one (strong ***-out of 4)

But for some reason she more mesmerizing to me in it then any of her other 45 film roles? :D

The November issue of Now Playing featured Natalie in a photo taken for Rebel Without a Cause.  The same photo can be seen here on the internet:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Rebel-Without-a-Cause-Natalie-Wood-1955-Posters_i9337011_.htm

The version on the Now Playing cover looked as if it had been slightly colorized, showing Natalie's hair with a red tint and a pale skin tone in her face.  The background had been colored a pale shade of green.

Here is the article that Robert Osborne wrote for the issue:

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1270312%7C0/Robert-Osborne-on-Natalie-Wood.html

There were a few other photos of Natalie sprinkled throughout the issue from selected films being shown, and in the back there was an advertisement for a recently released book:

http://shop.tcm.com/natalie-wood-reflections-on-a-legendary-life/9780762460519

That's essentially it for the Natalie-themed content in the issue.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings