• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Biopics/Famous Lives On Screen

The answer is Martin Luther. The three films and their stars were:

Martin Luther (1953) with Niall MacGinnis

Luther (1973) with Stacy Keach (son of character actor Stacy Keach Sr., and star of TV's Mike Hammer)

Luther (2003) with Joseph Fiennes (brother of Ralph Fiennes)

Open thread

This movie was a thinly disguised biography of a famous singer.  It starred someone who, at the time, was known more for singing than for acting.  But it provided the star with an Oscar nomination.  Name the movie and the star.

Hmmm. I was thinking that it was The Rose with Bette Midler as a Janis Joplin stand-in. But there were no famous country/rock singers in the cast of that.

Larry, it was "The Rose" that I was thinking of.  I guess my description of Kris Kristofferson was not that accurate.  Sorry for misleading you.  It's all yours.

Larry, it was "The Rose" that I was thinking of.  I guess my description of Kris Kristofferson was not that accurate.  Sorry for misleading you.  It's all yours.

Your description fits Kris Kristofferson, except Kris Kristofferson wasn't in The Rose. The male leads in that were Alan Bates, Frederic Forrest, and Harry Dean Stanton.  ;)

open thread