Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Biopics/Famous Lives On Screen

Vivien Leigh--Emma Hart, Lady Hamilton in "That Hamilton Woman" (1941).

Hedy Lamarr--Joan of Arc in "The Story of Mankind" (1957).

Merle Oberon--Anne Boleyn in "The Private Lives of Henry VIII" (1933).

Edited to answer your hint, Princess.

Ingrid Bergman--"Joan of Arc" (1948).

Greta Garbo--"Mata Hari" (1932).

Vivien Leigh--Emma Hart, Lady Hamilton in "That Hamilton Woman" (1941).

Hedy Lamarr--Joan of Arc in "The Story of Mankind" (1957).

Merle Oberon--Anne Boleyn in "The Private Lives of Henry VIII" (1933).

Film Lover- You answered the original question perfectly, although you didn't have a chance to see my one hint. Just goes to show, there's more than one way to skin a cat.LOL

Film Lover, It's all yours--

• Like 1

In this soggy biopic, a woman pianist races through a formal piano performance to be with her baby.  Name the movie, the three composers featured in the movie (the heroine is in love with two of them), the pianist, and who played each part. 

I think you're talking about two of my favorite composers Robert Schumann played by Paul Henreid and Brahms played by Robert Walker in Song of Love starring Katharine Hepburn as pianist composer Clara Schumann.

BTW-- You mentioned three composers--I hear Clara's music on the radio often. But you may also be referring to Henry Daniell playing composer Franz Liszt.

Thanx, classical music is my hobby.

So sticking with classical music and my personal preference: Opera--

Thanks to Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy, Opera and Operetta were very popular during the Golden Era.

There was an operatic movie actress/ singer who played the role of a famous opera singer from history in 2 movies.

Then after the death of this 1st operatic movie actress, ANOTHER operatic movie actress/singer played the recently deceased opera singer in yet, another operatic movie.

What we're looking for here is:

* The first operatic actress, who portrayed the opera singer from history, along with the name of that historic singer and the movie (s).

* The second operatic actress who portrayed the first operatic actress mentioned and the name of that movie.

-- 3 Great opera singers and at least two operatic movies.

First actress is Grace Moore; she portrayed Jenny Lind in "A Lady's Morals" (1930) and "Jenny Lind" (1931).  

Second actress is Kathryn Grayson who portrayed Moore in "So This Is Love" (1953).

First actress is Grace Moore; she portrayed Jenny Lind in "A Lady's Morals" (1930) and "Jenny Lind" (1931).

Second actress is Kathryn Grayson who portrayed Moore in "So This Is Love" (1953).

Film Lover-- You hit every note in that question.LOL

Are you an opera lover too?

FL, A well-earned turn--

Princess--I love some opera composers--Verdi and Bizet, to name two.  I prefer Bugs Bunny's and Elmer Fudds' versions of Wagner though, LOL.  "Rabbit of Seville" (1950) and "What's Opera, Doc? (1957) were my introductions to opera.  To the next question:

This underrated actor made two biopics in his career that had only a slight acquaintance with the truth, one of a poet and one of a composer.  Name the actor, the two films, and two costars from each film.

Well, I never would have picked this actor to play the greatest romantic pianist-composer of all time, but go figure--

Cornel Wilde was Hollywood's pick to play Chopin in A Song To Remember, 1945.

Merle Oberon played Chopin's famous French novelist-lover, George Sand and Paul Muni played composer Jozef Elsner.

Cornel Wilde also played Omar Khayyam, the Middle East poet in the film Omar Khayyam, 1957. This film co-starred Michael Rennie and Debra Paget.

This distinguished actress played many diverse roles in the movies. Among three of her most distinctive roles were where she played real women in European history.

The women were:

1) The wife of a legendary king

2) A famous novelist

3) The Mistress of a genius artist (painter)

When your identify this actress, please also give the names of the three movies from the roles listed above.

Vanessa Redgrave.

(1) She played Guenevere in "Camelot" (1967).

(2) She played Agatha Christie in "Agatha" (1979).

(3) She played Isadora Duncan in "Isadora" (1968)?--I forget who she was Mistress to.

Vanessa Redgrave.

(1) She played Guenevere in "Camelot" (1967).

(2) She played Agatha Christie in "Agatha" (1979).

(3) She played Isadora Duncan in "Isadora" (1968)?--I forget who she was Mistress to.

Film Lover-- That's not who I was thinking of, but you hit all the marks!

I'm a hopeless Agatha Christie fanatic. For people like me, the film Agatha is our most guilty "private pleasure". Thanks for mentioning that great role for Vanessa Redgrave.

FL, It's your turn to "give it a go"--

This Biblical bio holds the unofficial record for the most times the boom mike or its' shadow bobs into the frame.  Name the film, two of the stars, and the releasing studio (two names are correct--either one is OK).  Extra points for naming another reason why the film is unintentionally amusing.

Terrence1--You're correct.

Another reason the film's amusing is because temptress Martha Hyer shows off her vaccination marks at least twice in the film.

Your thread Terrence1. :)

Thanks, Film Lover.  I can't wait to watch this again for all these unintentional moments.

This film starred a handsome actor with dark looks.  Because of his appearance, he often was cast as a villain.  In this movie, he starts out as a nightclub dancer.

I somehow didn't think this would be much of a challenge.  I really liked him in this movie.  Of course, it helps to be a fan, which I am.  I've liked Mr. Danton in everything he did.  And I thought he did an all right job as a dancer in this.  OK, Larry, it's your turn.

• Like 1

This German scientist was played by a noted German actor in an American film of the 1960's. The scientist was a controversial figure to some due to past associations, although he was involved in one of America's greatest 20th century triumphs.

Name the scientist, the actor and the film.

A big star long ago, now largely forgotten, this actress's early story is the topic of a biopic based on her autobography...but she isn't the star, or title character.   Know the film..the star?