Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There are at least two film biographies of this prolific pair of composers. Please name them, and the musical piece that a filmic spoof of noirs and a television episode of a long running television series revolved around.

I had to play a medley from HMS Pinafore in classical piano class. It was okay but I really don't care much for this music - - the only two together I can think of who were British would be Gilbert and Sullivan.

There were two British movies about their lives - - Gilbert and Sullivan with Robert Morley and Maurice Evans and Topsy-Turvy.

If I'm not correct, you can blame it on "Sweet Little Buttercup".

• Like 1

Princess--You got the composers and movies correct.  The operetta I was going after was "The Mikado", which was filmed in 1939 and has been shown on TCM before.  Katisha is a character in that operetta.  The other movie I wanted was "Foul Play" (1978), which revolves around a performance of The Mikado.  My favorite episode of CSI revolved around one of the songs from The Mikado, "Three Little Maids From School".

Your thread, Princess. :)

In this film, the star is the Forgotten Daughter of a world-famous author, who leads a bizarre life, in part, because her father never wrote about her.

Hint: Her famous father- author was indeed world-famous, but he was not an American.

The Story of Adele H.

Lawrence, you're wonderful!

Not an easy question certainly. Adèle was the disfavored daughter of Victor Hugo. But François Truffaut found her journal to be exciting enough to base a movie on it.

Isabelle Adjani, who played Adèle, earned an Academy Award nomination for the role.

Lawrence, it's all yours--

This entertainer biopic was directed by a former actor and dancer. The movie's subject is considered one of the all-time greats in his particular genre of music. Many people claim this was the best performance by the film's lead actor, who became better known for light comedies in his later years, as well as poking fun at his own image.

Name the film, the subject, the lead actor, and the director.

Sometimes in biopics, famous people, who actually knew the subject of the movie, portray themselves.  In this particular movie, however, the subject of the movie portrayed himself, with actors and actresses portraying the people in his life.  He was not an actor, and it showed.  Can you name this movie?.  

"The Greatest" (1977) starring Muhammad Ali, costarring James Earl Jones and Ernest Borgnine?

It could also be The Jackie Robinson Story (1950), with Jackie as Jackie, with Ruby Dee, Louise Beavers, and Minor Watson.

Thank you MilesArcher.

This composer has at least three film biographies about him.  One was filmed before 1960, the other two were filmed after 1960.  One of the three films was produced by a famous Hollywood composer who went to another country to produce and direct the score of the film.  Please name the composer, the three films I referred to, their directors, the Hollywood composer I referred to and the country he went to to produce his film.

This composer has at least three film biographies about him.  One was filmed before 1960, the other two were filmed after 1960.  One of the three films was produced by a famous Hollywood composer who went to another country to produce and direct the score of the film.  Please name the composer, the three films I referred to, their directors, the Hollywood composer I referred to and the country he went to to produce his film.

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Song of My Heart  (1948) directed by Benjamin Glazer

Tchaikovsky (1969) directed by Igor Talankin, with scoring duties by Dimitri Tiomkin (made in the USSR)

The Music Lovers (1970) directed by Ken Russell