Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dick Van Dyke will appear in the "Mary Poppins" sequel

jakeem

Dick Van Dyke just turned 91 this month, but he apparently isn't ready for retirement yet. 

The versatile actor-comedian will appear in "Mary Poppins Returns," a Disney musical feature film starring Emily Blunt as the title character created by author P.L. Travers. Van Dyke co-starred with Julie Andrews in the Oscar-winning 1964 Disney musical "Mary Poppins."

Van Dyke won't be reprising his role as Bert the chimney sweep. He'll play the son of another character he played in the 1964 film -- the banking execuive Mr. Dawes Sr. (pictured below).

dda.mar.jpg

The new "Mary Poppins" movie -- directed by Rob Marshall ("Chicago") -- is scheduled to be released on Christmas Day 2018. Among the other stars of the film: Meryl Streep, Dame Angela Lansbury and Tony Award-winner Lin-Manuel Miranda of the Broadway sensation "Hamilton."

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2016/12/21/dick-van-dyke-return-mary-poppins-sequel/95692774

• Like 1

...Van Dyke won't be reprising his role as Bert the chimney sweep. He'll play the son of another character he played in the 1964 film -- the banking executive Mr. Dawes Sr.

And so, attention Britain! Get ready!

Dick is going to attempt another of your dialects over there!

(...I know how much you superfluous-u users so took to heart his last attempt at this)

;)

• Like 1

And so, attention Britain! Get ready!

Dick is going to attempt another of your dialects over there!

(...I know how much you superfluous-u users so took to heart his last attempt at this)

;)

Conan O'Brien imitates that awful Cockney accent all the time -- and once had a chance to talk to Van Dyke about it.

• Like 2

Dick Van Dyke just turned 91 this month, but he apparently isn't ready for retirement yet. 

(snipped)

He'll play the son of another character he played in the 1964 film -- the banking execuive Mr. Dawes Sr. (pictured below).

At least he won't need any "old man" make up this time!

• Like 2

When Van Dyke was a guest on THE LATE LATE SHOW when CRAIG FERGUSON was hosting, Craig asked him kiddingly, "Where did you learn that BRITISH ACCENT you used in MARY POPPINS?"  and Van Dyke laughed and said,  "If you've SEEN the movie, you'd know I DIDN'T learn it!"  :D

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Will Julie Andrews be reprising her role?

(ducking)

Funny!

I don't know if Emily Blunt can sing (I still haven't seen "Into the Woods" yet). But she appears to be practically perfect in just about every other way for the role of Mary Poppins.

emily-blunt-talks-her-mary-poppins-casti

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings