Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actress Carrie Fisher (1956-2016)

jakeem

I remember Carrie and her brother Todd as toddlers. They were Simply Adorable.

It's hard to think of Carrie as being an adult and in ill-health.

I remember the recent brouhaha because she didn't look as good now, as she had looked in the original Star Wars movie.

I thought that was truly ridiculous because none of us look the way we did forty years ago.

I just hope this health crisis was not in any way caused by her considerable weight loss to get back in condition for the movies.

Everybody loves Carrie--

• Like 2

"out of emergency & stabilized" is great news. I love Carrie for much much more than her silly STAR WARS role-she is one great comic. Her books are some of the best reading entertainment for decades. I really fell in love with her from her insightful, thoughtful well written books. 

Really, can you imagine being overachiever Debbie Reynolds' daughter? Carrie forged her own unique path, you've got to admire that. 

I know shock therapy helped her a lot and I loved reading her experiences with it in her book Shockaholic. I wonder if her constant medications/treatments have taken a toll on her physically? I certainly hope not.

Geez, we all just had the scare with Debbie, now Carrie.

Debbie Reynolds just sent out a tweet saying thanks to all the fans and well wishers and that Carrie is stable.

Thanks for the update! But as someone inevitably says in a "Star Wars" installment: "I have a bad feeling about this."

Heard late last night about Fisher-(l956-)   She's not only an alcoholic, but was always heavily into any drugs too  (P.S. Recall that terrific 1990 "Postcards from the Edge" ($39m.) (***1/2) it was based on her & her famous mom Debbie Reynolds-(l932-)

& of course *"Marvelous Meryl" snagged another *Oscar shot, but *MacLaine was 'robbed" of a supporting shot!!?

She passed this morning.  It never sounded good, with her having to be revived and being without oxygen for many minutes.  Rest in Peace.  She made the bulk of her films in the '70s and '80's which are probably now considered "classic" by most people (but not golden age of course).

I wonder if they'll do an emergency edit of TCM Remembers to include her?  It would be nice.

2016 seems like a bad year for celebrity deaths.

She passed this morning.  It never sounded good, with her having to be revived and being without oxygen for many minutes.  Rest in Peace.  She made the bulk of her films in the '70s and '80's which are probably now considered "classic" by most people (but not golden age of course).

I wonder if they'll do an emergency edit of TCM Remembers to include her?  It would be nice.

2016 seems like a bad year for celebrity deaths.

They should be able to include her.  Zsa Zsa got included.  Someone famous always dies at the end of the year, so I would think they plan for edits.  Really surprised and saddened about Carrie Fisher.  I feel bad for Debbie.  Aside from STAR WARS and WHEN HARRY MET SALLY, I always liked Carrie's performance in SHAMPOO ("I'm nothing like my mother.")  Her scenes with Warren are brief but memorable.

Her scenes with Warren are brief but memorable.

Her time with us was brief, but memorable.

Just a huge personality with tons of intelligence & talent.

I feel so badly for her survivors, both her Mother & Daughter.

My sentiments exactly. Condolences to Debbie and her brother and extended family.

Very sad.

RIP Carrie Fisher you'll be missed by millions

I saw Carrie not only as an inspiration to younger actresses to seek and insist on better roles and treatment, but also to girls from every walk of life, regardless of age, to be strong willed and more involved in determining their OWN paths in life.

And a HUGE inspiration to others, REGARDLESS of gender who over the years, and to this day have struggled and are struggling with the same personal demons she overcame.

Rest finally, in peace Carrie.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings