Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Believe it's hype "La La Land" will dominate the 2016 *Oscars

spence

As I get older I get less impressed about anything in this life & of course new movies as well.

But finally went to "La La Land" & to this viewer, just loved it & am not a fan of musicals either

Watch for it to sweep 7 to 8 *Academy Awards

& just for me, it's my personal favorite new release I went to-(& that's a lot) in over 3yrs

Next/maybe & hopefully "Fences" & *Scorsese's "Silence"-(P.S. it looks like I was right a couple months ago, even on paper it sounded similar to 1986's powerful "The Mission"

Except that film contains another glorious music score by *Ennio Morricone!!!

As I get older I get less impressed about anything in this life & of course new movies as well.

But finally went to "La La Land" & to this viewer, just loved it & am not a fan of musicals either

Watch for it to sweep 7 to 8 *Academy Awards

& just for me, it's my personal favorite new release I went to-(& that's a lot) in over 3yrs

Next/maybe & hopefully "Fences" & *Scorsese's "Silence"-(P.S. it looks like I was right a couple months ago, even on paper it sounded similar to 1986's powerful "The Mission"

Except that film contains another glorious music score by *Ennio Morricone!!!

Much as I loved Silence, it may be too specialized and intellectual to win any Oscars. I really liked La La Land but hope, if it comes down to a choice between La La Land and Manchester by the Sea, that Manchester wins. But Moonlight, which I have not seen, will certainly be a contender.

I saw Fences on stage in London a few years ago and so probably won't see the movie. I think it stands a chance for a performance award or two, but not for best film. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings