Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM availability on Roku, Sling, etc.

4 hours ago, shutoo said:

to each his own ?! but with terrarium and morpheus side loaded on fire or android box, I haven't played my boxes of dvd's in probably over a year..can just scrape server sources for them....but couldn't you just run an hdmi cable to use the tv as a monitor? yeah, that's a mess..there are server platforms like Plex that organize all your media and lets you stream it with different sources ..I guess it's storage you can access anywhere (but I don't use it, so can't attest to how well it works..) oh well, I'm over thinking this...I just know fire has spoiled me..can watch old 50s tv shows and new films and pretty much anything I want..it's made me very lazy

Guess I like what Linux stands for. Having vision issues makes a computer on a TV attractive. I am put off by Fire TV and Roku. With a Linux OS on a modest computer and TV, I am in control, and can do anything.

11 minutes ago, jimmymac21 said:

Guess I like what Linux stands for. Having vision issues makes a computer on a TV attractive. I am put off by Fire TV and Roku. With a Linux OS on a modest computer and TV, I am in control, and can do anything.

I get it..but you might want to just check out Plex..runs with Linux and you could see all your files using that roku you hate...I'll butt out now..promise! ?

10 hours ago, shutoo said:

I get it..but you might want to just check out Plex..runs with Linux and you could see all your files using that roku you hate...I'll butt out now..promise! ?

Me not hate Roku. Me not like Plex. Over me head. Then again, so is Linux.