Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORGOTTEN Oldies

On 10/9/2019 at 9:53 PM, Gershwin fan said:

????

Maybe this'll pass muster since I've never heard of it in able for it to be "forgotten".  :D  But while on a "Bonnie and Clyde" kick----

;)

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

????

Maybe this'll pass muster since I've never heard of it in able for it to be "forgotten".  :D  But while on a "Bonnie and Clyde" kick----

;)

Sepiatone

Thank you, I absolutely loved this song and never was able to get a copy of it.  "Yeh, Yeh!"

• Like 1

Well, I WAS just gonna post this today:  (from '60)

But for you, I'll add: -------

Georgie had some fame despite his music being much different from what was all the "rage" at the time.  At one time( and too, at different times perhaps) his personel line-up included now well known and respected jazz guitarist John McLaughlin, and for a spell Hendrix drummer Mitch Mitchell.  I can't find any info on their timelines though. And yeh-yeh,  I liked this song too. (and still)  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No music to post itself but while looking through my 45's, just remembered this record came FREE with a bag of potato chips during the late 1960's (can't remember the brand).

The record I have has a small  hole drilled on the green strip of the  label  - came that way.

pete-fountain-carols-theme-the-eyes-of-l

Pete Fountain at the time the record was made.

Pete_Fountain_1962.JPG

• Like 1

I've seen and bought some 45s from thrift stores that also had that tiny hole in them.    Always wondered what that was about.    I mean,  too small and too off center for the reason to be to enable to have it play on a player without an adapter, so......

Sepiatone