Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORGOTTEN Oldies

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Gad!  I feel like a doddering great-grandpa when I see what some of you consider "oldies".  :( 

Your opinion is that an "oldie" has to be 60 years ago?

40 years ago no good?

Where most people are concerned, 5 years ago is an oldie

;)   Yeah.  I remember when I first heard the phrase "Moldy oldie" it was in reference to a tune that wasn't even five years old.  It was still the late '50's.  Possibly '58 or 9. 

We still have the "oldies" station that was designated such when it started in the '80's.  It kind of rankles my kids when they hear tunes they "grooved" on back in their Mtv days gracing the airwaves of an "oldies" station.!  :D   I have a niece who STILL has trouble accepting that the "oldies" station was heard playing THIS one day!  :D 

Oldies, like time, is relevant.  ;) 

Sepiatone

On 8/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, Sepiatone said:

I remember this guy always coming up with some crazy stuff( at least we thought so back in "the day".)  ;) 

Sepiatone

Dickie Goodman!-- You've got to know that is my absolutely favorite joke record because it's about my favorite TV show.

Sep-- You're the man!:)

• Thanks 1

My brother had a friend back then, a guy named Don, who had a tape recorder(no cheapie either) and made his own tapes similar to Goodman's.  They were also pretty funny.  

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Did I post this already?

And I recall this band opening for CREAM at Detroit's Olympia Stadium during one of their "farewell" tours.  ('68)  They actually weren't all that bad.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
On 8/10/2020 at 12:11 PM, Sepiatone said:

And I recall this band opening for CREAM at Detroit's Olympia Stadium during one of their "farewell" tours.  ('68)  They actually weren't all that bad.

FRIENDS & LOVERS !  Cool!. 

I do believe the name was singular(Friend and Lover)  ;)  And that night, "And their dirty little band" was added to the name.  And they were well received by that hardcore hippie crowd too.

Sepiatown