Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORGOTTEN Oldies

1 minute ago, Vautrin said:

Babe was pure Midwestern puke rock, the kind of tune that makes one want to upchuck before it

comes to its thanked for end. But I did buy one Stnkx album, The Grand Illusion. Not bad. It

sounded somewhat like a poor man's version of Yes. Never knew much about REO Speedwagon,

except for their songs on the radio. Thankfully, punk came along.

I was curious about your opinion of the following:

Ambrosia?

Little River Band?

Air Supply?

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

I was curious about your opinion of the following:

Ambrosia?

Little River Band?

Air Supply?

International soporific soft "rock" music. I really don't recall much about Ambrosia (don't like the salad either)

or the Little River Band. I remember Air Supply better. They weren't totally terrible, but I still wouldn't buy

any of their records. All three sound best in the rear view mirror. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

Back when they had their moment, AIR SUPPLY would come on the radio and I'd exclaim "Someone should CUT OFF their air supply!" 

Ouch. Air Supply is like arsenic. In very tiny doses they cannot harm living creatures. 

• Like 1
On 8/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, chaya bat woof woof said:

My parents had an old 78 featuring Walter Huston singing The September Song and Lost in the Stars.  Thought he would have looked like Burl Ives and didn't know until years later that he was a great actor.

and it was a hit too!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Babe was pure Midwestern puke rock, the kind of tune that makes one want to upchuck before it

comes to its thanked for end. But I did buy one Stnkx album, The Grand Illusion. Not bad. It

sounded somewhat like a poor man's version of Yes. Never knew much about REO Speedwagon,

except for their songs on the radio. Thankfully, punk came along.

"Poor man's version of YES?   :o

Don't you recall THESE guys?  ;)  

We went to see them and more dug THIS opening act! (pre Steve Perry)

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1
Just now, Princess of Tap said:

If that's what you've got as a sense of humor, then I would say it's a failure.

Yes, well, dear, you did write this : "Also I heard that this was President Kennedy's favorite song right up to fall 1963. "   I mean... really? 

1 minute ago, Allhallowsday said:

Yes, well, dear, you did write this : "Also I heard that this was President Kennedy's favorite song right up to fall 1963. "   I mean... really? 

I think you made yourself very clear.

2 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

Rumor has it that JFK didn't like this band.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

"Poor man's version of YES?   :o

Don't you recall THESE guys?  ;)  

We went to see them and more dug THIS opening act! (pre Steve Perry)

Sepiatone

I don't remember Starcastle at all. I had to look up their Wiki page. To me it seems they were more a regional

band that had some success but weren't around very long. That song certainly sounds more like Yes than

Styx. I never got into Journey, though I liked some of their songs that showed up on the radio. 

10 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I think you made yourself very clear.

It was a shot at your words, Princess.  I think you realize your remark was unnecessary.  I am sorry.  I did not mean to offend you. 

18 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I don't remember Starcastle at all. I had to look up their Wiki page. To me it seems they were more a regional

band that had some success but weren't around very long. That song certainly sounds more like Yes than

Styx. I never got into Journey, though I liked some of their songs that showed up on the radio. 

I more liked the pre Perry Journey.  And of course, you know it was Journey's lead guitarist Neal Schon who did THIS solo, didn't you?(and Journey's organist Gregg Rolie too)  '71 I think---

7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I more liked the pre Perry Journey.  And of course, you know it was Journey's lead guitarist Neal Schon who did THIS solo, didn't you?(and Journey's organist Gregg Rolie too)  '71 I think---

I probably didn't. There's only so much time in a day.

5 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

^ I don't think that song by BLIND FAITH is forgotten... :)

Well it definitely is an oldie. I don't think any singles were released from that album,

so that song may be remembered only by the people who bought the record.