Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORGOTTEN Oldies

:D  At the end of your clip up there was a thumbnail of this "oldie" I also remember( I think) COMMANER CODY doing a cover of

And then too, some TV kids tried ruling the "pop" charts!  ;)

Sepiatone

6 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

:D  At the end of your clip up there was a thumbnail of this "oldie" I also remember( I think) COMMANER CODY doing a cover of

And then too, some TV kids tried ruling the "pop" charts!  ;)

Sepiatone

Living in the sticks, we never had to listen to Paul Petersen's tripe--

It didn't get far.

But they played Shelly Fabares alot and while I wouldn't waste money on it, it was passable.

"She Can't Find Her Keys" was a cute novelty, and still relevant, as any married man who was ever asked by his wife to retrieve anything from her purse will attest to.  ;) 

Sepiatone

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

"She Can't Find Her Keys" was a cute novelty, and still relevant, as any married man who was ever asked by his wife to retrieve anything from her purse will attest to.  ;) 

Sepiatone

This is really jogging my memory-- It seems like "The Rifleman's" Johnny Crawford had a record out too that did pretty well.

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Well that is better song than the one my band put out;  She Can't Find Her KEY.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

This is really jogging my memory-- It seems like "The Rifleman's" Johnny Crawford had a record out too that did pretty well.

JOHNNY and BOBBY CRAWFORD both recorded records, probably albums too. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well that is better song than the one my band put out;  She Can't Find Her KEY.

:D  Well, considering jazz musicians do have that rep as heavy dopers, and the word "KEY" was( might still be) dealer and stoner slang for "Kilo" leaves one wondering which "key" the song referred to?  ;) :D 

And several years ago I found that Johnny Crawford LP at a thrift shop.  Cost me 50 cents.  And I have no idea what's become of it.  

Lest we forget, this middle "son" gave it a go too.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Grady also has a rock band on My Three Sons. Can't recall the name of the group, probably one of those

dumb 1960s names like the Mango Lighthouses or something. Everyone knew that the real musical

genius in the family was the four eyes chipmunk Ernie D.

• Haha 1
On 9/16/2020 at 11:43 AM, Allhallowsday said:

Yes. it's not great.  However, this went to (gulp) #6 :

I remember watching him sing on an episode of the Donna Reed show - HORRIBLE.  I think the worst of any of the TV "singers." 

21 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Here's one more of that ilk :

But not really, as Sherman was known as a singer long before he got into acting( this single from '62)  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Thanks 1

But then...  not all agreed that all the TV youngsters who tried a "pop" career were talented.  ;) (see ELCid's comment about Paul Petersen  above my previous post). And I did think you were referring to TV "heartthrobs"  that tried breaking into the music biz.  ;) 

Sepiatone

On 9/16/2020 at 6:28 PM, Allhallowsday said:

JOHNNY and BOBBY CRAWFORD both recorded records, probably albums too. 

I remember Johnny Crawford singing on The Rifleman. Wasn't his brother on Laramie?

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

But then...  not all agreed that all the TV youngsters who tried a "pop" career were talented.  ;) (see ELCid's comment about Paul Petersen  above my previous post). And I did think you were referring to TV "heartthrobs"  that tried breaking into the music biz.

blah blah blah I wrote "... AS talented..." construe as ye wilt".    Now, RICKY NELSON was a TV heartthrob and I do think he was talented. 

You might notice I had posted PAUL PETERSEN's highest charting record... I like him; he had no singing talent. 

17 minutes ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I remember Johnny Crawford singing on The Rifleman. Wasn't his brother on Laramie?

Sounds right. 

JOHNNY CRAWFORD is very ill with Alzheimers.  I like him too. 

• Sad 1

I just had this random memory of my grandmother. She passed a couple years ago. She loved The Ink Spots growing up in the 40's. I was looking through her music one day and found a CD of them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I just had this random memory of my grandmother. She passed a couple years ago. She loved The Ink Spots growing up in the 40's. I was looking through her music one day and found a CD of them.

Now that's how to get music!  I had INK SPOTS on vinyl and a CD collection. 

Ahhhh........ The Ink Spots!

Some might complain about the racist leaning in the name of that quartet.  I don't have any of their stuff 'round the house, but I remember my best buddy's folks liked 'em and played their music often.  I always thought THIS tune was a hoot!  ;) -----

Sepiatone

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Rudy's Girl said:

I don't know if this is a forgotten oldie, but I like it.

Not forgotten by me!  A HUGE favorite in my adolescence.  Sad that their only other "hit" was this one I didn't really like all that much....

Sepiatone