Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORGOTTEN Oldies

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Apparently( and annoyingly) that  Kris Jensen video is "not available".   :angry:

Fill in on the song title so I can look it up please?  :)

Sepiatone

It plays for me.

And it's the best version I could find online - full dimension stereo and clear re-mastering.

It's unfortunate if you have to settle for some older, scratchier, mono version - but the song is called "Torture"

• Thanks 1

Joe, I believe most of your entries were already entered.  Good 'uns nonetheless.  How about some really forgotten stuff?  like;

People usually only think of The Animals' cover

And when he was done singing about tying kangaroos down....  ;) (Rolf Harris)

Sepiatone

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

LOVED me some Homer and Jethro as a kid.  I even saved up Kellogg's Corn Flakes box tops to send for their  corny jokes book.  :D 

Sepiatone

One of my grandfathers was a Homer and Jethro fan who had three or four of their albums.

Many of the songs were lost on me since I didn't know the originals. I wish I still had them, but

they "disappeared" somewhere along the way. 

23 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Homer and Jethro did a pretty funny, a bit naughty, send up of The Battle of New Orleans.

I usually have a good memory of AM radio hits. But that one I only remember vaguely. I wondered if it got censored along the way?

The big camp parody that we loved was "Hello Mother,  Hello Father". In grade school, we thought that thing was really funny.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I usually have a good memory of AM radio hits. But that one I only remember vaguely. I wondered if it got censored along the way?

The big camp parody that we loved was "Hello Mother,  Hello Father". In grade school, we thought that thing was really funny.

My first two 45s where Hello Mother,  Hello Father,  and Tie Me Kangaroo Down,  Sport.    

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't think it did. It was Homer and Jethro's biggest hit on the pop charts, reaching #14. I don't remember

it myself. Not to be a stickler for detail, but the actual title of the song was Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah. I

think I heard it at my cousin's house. At least it was a break from having to listen to his Peter, Paul and Mary

records. It still is kind of funny, if not as much as it was originally.  Sherman's career as a popular recording

artist was rather short lived. He released a song about the Beatles toward the tail end of his popularity. It's fairly

humorous, but I think The Beatles had the last laugh.

• Haha 1

I really don't think Sherman hated the Beatles.  Just playin' for laughs.  But his forte was to take well known tunes and music(like Ponchielli's "Dance of The Hours" for "Hello Mudduh, Hello Fodder")  Like this comic use of what many considered a sort of novelty tune to begin with(" Ragg Mopp").

Sepiatone

I don't think so either. The Beatles were very popular at the time so it made them an easy subject for

a song that appealed to parents befuddled by the Beatles. Sherman was Jewish so some of his song

parodies were infused with Jewish themes.