Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Trouble with Harry"

Terrence1

As many times as I've seen this movie, I've never been able to spot the appearance of the director.  It usually ocurs toward the beginning.  Does anyone remember in which scene he appears?

In The Trouble with Harry, he can be seen 21 minutes into the film as he walks past a parked limousine while an old man looks at paintings for sale at the roadside stand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Harry

• Like 2

As many times as I've seen this movie, I've never been able to spot the appearance of the director.  It usually ocurs toward the beginning.  Does anyone remember in which scene he appears?

I've seen it several times, and I STILL always miss it!

Next time I watch I'll have to put TOOTHPICKS in my eyes as to not BLINK and possibly miss it AGAIN!

Sepiatone

Maybe this will help. There is a website, 1000 frames of The Trouble With Harry. Not every frame, but something for a reference point. Note the frames from the scene in the emporium. Frame 227 specifically, when Mildred Dunnock starts to wrap the coffee cup that Mildred Natwick has selected. Watch for this scene in the movie, which is available now in the TCM movies on demand list. As Mildred Dunnock wraps the cup and saucer, she looks out the window, and sees the director walking by the limo. Yes, I think this is the most obscure cameo that Hitchcock ever did.

And I've beaten this to death in another thread, but I think its interesting that the voice in the song is supposed to be that of John Forsythe, but is clearly not. Whose voice is it?

Maybe this will help. There is a website, 1000 frames of The Trouble With Harry. Not every frame, but something for a reference point. Note the frames from the scene in the emporium. Frame 227 specifically, when Mildred Dunnock starts to wrap the coffee cup that Mildred Natwick has selected. Watch for this scene in the movie, which is available now in the TCM movies on demand list. As Mildred Dunnock wraps the cup and saucer, she looks out the window, and sees the director walking by the limo. Yes, I think this is the most obscure cameo that Hitchcock ever did.

And I've beaten this to death in another thread, but I think its interesting that the voice in the song is supposed to be that of John Forsythe, but is clearly not. Whose voice is it?

*sigh*

I tried to WKI the info, but all it said was Forsythe was not the performer, but didn't say who it WAS.  :(

Sepiatone

Not one of my Hitchcock favorites. The highlight for me is the appearance of the pre-Beaver Jerry Mathers.

• Like 1

The Beave is bloody good. But this is Shirley MacLaine's debut movie and she is simply a natural with the Charisma of a movie star.

Fra-- Did you miss that?

:o

WHAT?  Miss a young SHIRLEY MacLAINE?

If he DID, then he needs a DIFIBRILLATOR!   ;)

Sepiatone

The Beave is bloody good. But this is Shirley MacLaine's debut movie and she is simply a natural with the Charisma of a movie star.

Fra-- Did you miss that?

I did not miss that. But, despite the fact that THE APARTMENT is my favorite film, I'm more of a Beaver guy than a Shirley guy.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings