Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shop TCM any good?

ElCid

Anybody use them?  I am ready to order some DVD's, but can't get them to even answer an email.  May call, but this does not bode well for service.

Prefer to do mail order, but do not have the catalog.  Do they even do mail order anymore?

I've used the website to buy movies on 4 or 5 occasions and have not had a problem so far. Some have complained about items being damaged during shipping, but that hasn't been a problem for me. I never tried to contact them, though, and I can't speak to the catalog issue, as I've always purchased on-site. 

• Like 1

Tiki-

Not sure I understand the question but...

One way to at least SEE the catalog is on the opening page of TCM Shop.

About 2 or 3 inches down, a prominent gold band displays "Shop Our Catalog" and the link is on the right hand of that band, labeled "Shop all".

If you mean what I believe you to mean, you'd rather have an old "Dead Tree" catalog like "Spiegel" or "Sears Roebuck" to peruse.

Well, on the opening page of the TCM catalog is a Book titled -you got it- "The TCM Shop 2017 Annual Catalog".

The conundrum is that presumably you must order that on-line.

I have no idea if it will allow orders in the modern parlance manner of "snail mail".

Tiki-

Not sure I understand the question but...

One way to at least SEE the catalog is on the opening page of TCM Shop.

About 2 or 3 inches down, a prominent gold band displays "Shop Our Catalog" and the link is on the right hand of that band, labeled "Shop all".

If you mean what I believe you to mean, you'd rather have an old "Dead Tree" catalog like "Spiegel" or "Sears Roebuck" to peruse.

Well, on the opening page of the TCM catalog is a Book titled -you got it- "The TCM Shop 2017 Annual Catalog".

The conundrum is that presumably you must order that on-line.

I have no idea if it will allow orders in the modern parlance manner of "snail mail".

Got a response from ShopTCM.  You can order by mail and send a check or money order or you can order by phone and use paypal or credit card.  I'm assuming you can just type up or write out your order, pay the prices shown on website and add the $8.95 flat rate shipping.  That's what I plan to do.

They used to  have a print catalog.  In fact, the opening for the website catalog is the pages from the printed catalog.  Not sure why they quit sending out the print one.  At one time I received them because I subscribe to Now Playing Guide.

The website also allows you to request a catalog, but not sure how effective that is or how long it will take to get one.

Got a response from ShopTCM.  You can order by mail and send a check or money order or you can order by phone and use paypal or credit card.  I'm assuming you can just type up or write out your order, pay the prices shown on website and add the $8.95 flat rate shipping.  That's what I plan to do.

That's great, TheCid.

Please forgive me for misaddressing you- I have NO idea how I got Tiki Soo in my head at that moment.

You can call 888-982-6746 for the mailing address, but it is:

TCM Shop; PO Box 985; Itasca IL 60143-0985

If that sounds familiar, it's because there is a company in Itasca that processes a lot of DVD orders.

I've never had  a  problem, but I only buy from them when it's something that they have exclusively. Keep in mind though that TCM isn't running the operation. It's done by a large outside company that handles order fulfillment for several other well-known online retailers. Not to say there's anything wrong with that. I only mention it so people understand that it's not TCM actually handling the orders or customer service.

• Like 2

I've never had  a  problem, but I only buy from them when it's something that they have exclusively. Keep in mind though that TCM isn't running the operation. It's done by a large outside company that handles order fulfillment for several other well-known online retailers. Not to say there's anything wrong with that. I only mention it so people understand that it's not TCM actually handling the orders or customer service.

That's why I noted the Itasca location.  Always find it interesting to note the large difference in price of some DVD's between companies all using the Itasca Post Office.

There is a similar situation with a town in FL (West Palm Beach?) where a company processes mailings for magazines and so forth. TCM's Now Playing Guide is one of them.  There is a company in TX that processes subscriptions for lots of magazines.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings