Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

mr6666

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I don't see the validity of this post.  Where is the proof that the people vowing to never go back are Republicans?  How many Republicans made this pledge to never go back?

I live in area that is rife with Cracker Barrell restaurants and I doubt any of them are losing customers.

32 minutes ago, ElCid said:

I don't see the validity of this post.  Where is the proof that the people vowing to never go back are Republicans?  How many Republicans made this pledge to never go back?

I live in area that is rife with Cracker Barrell restaurants and I doubt any of them are losing customers.

Agree that it's impossible for him to categorize the fake sausage haters as Republicans.  The uproar was on Facebook.  Some criticized the menu as "going woke."  Not sure why someone would get so upset over a menu addition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Agree that it's impossible for him to categorize the fake sausage haters as Republicans.  The uproar was on Facebook.  Some criticized the menu as "going woke."  Not sure why someone would get so upset over a menu addition.

It just illustrates the condition of the country breaking down into ridiculous tribality. They never should have gotten rid of the Fairness Doctrine especially when the ability to create more content and platforms to distribute it were exploding.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txfilmfan said:

There were a handful of post on Facebook.    NewsNation showed 3 of them.   I wouldn't assume these clowns were really upset.      They just did this to get attention AND look they got it.    So to me the "issue" (if there is one at all),  is that the media covers so called stories like this.   

Note that NewsNation's coverage was about how crazy this all was (e.g. why would anyone complain about an item being ADDED when the items they like are still there).   NewsNation went to Cracker Barrel and interviewed one woman,  she said she didn't get why anyone would care why an item was added. 

But NewsNation even covering the craziness just leads to more such craziness in the future.      The media should only cover such Facebook rants when there are thousands upon thousands making them (e.g. Goyagate)  not just a handful of attention seeking clowns.   

PS:  as for were these complainer Republicans;  If  I was betting on this I would bet thousands that they were.    They were clearly anti-woke,  as well as  anti-healthy eating and businesses caving in to tree-hugging libs that don't eat meat.     E.g. wouldn't you assume most members of PETA are NOT Republicans? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Tim Scott, (R), S.C. has proven to be a real disappointment.  He is the only black Republican senator.  He was an insurance salesman in Charleston S.C. and got elected to Congress.  When one of the S.C. US senate seats became vacant, Nikki Haley appointed Scott to the seat.  He later ran for reelection and won.  Of course, the GOP could not very well not support him in the primary since he was already in the senate as a GOPer.  He will run again in 2024, but says that is his last time to run for senate.  Does he have higher aspirations for later on?

4 hours ago, ElCid said:

Tim Scott, (R), S.C. has proven to be a real disappointment.  He is the only black Republican senator.  He was an insurance salesman in Charleston S.C. and got elected to Congress.  When one of the S.C. US senate seats became vacant, Nikki Haley appointed Scott to the seat.  He later ran for reelection and won.  Of course, the GOP could not very well not support him in the primary since he was already in the senate as a GOPer.  He will run again in 2024, but says that is his last time to run for senate.  Does he have higher aspirations for later on?

How is he a disappointment? He's acting like a typical Republican, isn't he? Did you expect something more?

6 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

How is he a disappointment? He's acting like a typical Republican, isn't he? Did you expect something more?

I think Scott could be a  V.P.  selection in 2024.     He could be really useful especially if Harris is the on the Dem Ticket.

(based on the L.A. Mayor race and interviews the Times conducted,  it appears black men don't wish to be "ruled" by a woman-of-color;  they are supporting white billionaire Caruso over black Congresswoman Karen Bass,  even Snoop Dogg!).

3 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I think Scott could be a  V.P.  selection in 2024.     He could be really useful especially if Harris is the on the Dem Ticket.

(based on the L.A. Mayor race and interviews the Times conducted,  it appears black men don't wish to be "ruled" by a woman-of-color;  they are supporting white billionaire Caruso over black Congresswoman Karen Bass,  even Snoop Dog!).

Snoop Dogg's been a multi-millionaire for 30 years. He's got more in common with Caruso than with the average POC.

52 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Snoop Dogg's been a multi-millionaire for 30 years. He's got more in common with Caruso than with the average POC.

It was more than just Snoop Dogg but everyday black men.     This showed up within the LA Chapter of BLM where the genders couldn't get along.   (and the chapter head is now a woman). 

I believe the reasons are sexism on the part of the men and resentment on the part of the women and the fact so many black men are raised by single-parent black woman  ("so many",  in that a larger percentage than any other demographic).

Of course there are white men that are sexist and don't wish to be "controlled"  by a woman,  and thus wouldn't vote for one to be in a controlling type position like Mayor, Governor or President.         Some of the men interviewed said things  like "what has Bass ever done for black men,,,, all these women politicians only care about are issues that impact women".    

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Actually probably not.  But he really hasn't put forward anything meaningful that would help S.C.   I also had hoped he would be less typical of current Republicans, especially since he is almost guaranteed reelection when he runs.  

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

99% of that is hyperbole and you know it. 

It is exactly the kind of thing that you have said in the past, isn't it?

• Thanks 1