Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

mr6666

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Paul KrugmanVerified account @paulkrugman Jan 16

I've been trying to put my finger on what's so disturbing about the spectacle of Cotton and Perdue lying so obviously and blatantly to protect Trump.

And I think I have it: here you have U.S. senators -- US senators! -- acting like apparatchiks in a totalitarian regime

They are NOT lying to protect Trump but instead to reduce the political advantage the Dems gained by Trump's asinine comments, as it relates to what ends up in the immigration bill.

E.g. there should be merit-based immigration,  and family unification should be a much lower priory in the merit criteria (after language,  education,  health,,,  similar to the Canadian points system).  

Krugman proves my point by saying the current US Federal government is acting as a totalitarian regime.   Just total nonsense.     The system of checks and balance is still in place.  (e.g. courts overturning the travel ban,  etc....).

Wisconsin Republicans Abruptly Decide To Oust Top State Elections And Ethics Officials

The head of a watchdog group called it “one of the most grotesque abuses of power that has occurred in Wisconsin in its history.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wisconsin-election-officials_us_5a68f253e4b002283009199e?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

House Intel denied Senate Intel Committee access to surveillance memo: report

"The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee has reportedly denied Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr’s (R-N.C.) staff access to a classified memo detailing allegations of government surveillance abuse that is tied to the ongoing Russia election investigation.

Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), who drafted the memo along with the help of his staff, denied Burr’s staff request for a copy of the document, ....

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the top Democrat on the committee, in a statement called the report “a profoundly misleading set of talking points drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI and its handling of the investigation." ....

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) also reportedly called for the information in the memo to be made public.

"Based on what I know, I agree that as much of this information should be made public as soon as possible through the appropriate process," Grassley told CNN.

The House and Senate Intelligence Committees are leading separate probes that are seeking to independently investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election as well as possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/370595-house-intel-denied-senate-intel-committee-access-to-surveillance

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

What the heck is up with ex-RNC money man and alleged sex predator Wynn's 77 year-old face?  He looks like he's had more facial surgery than an aging starlet.

Quite.  I wouldn't want to get him into a room with Wayne Newton.  Scary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rep. Devin Nunes’ hometown paper nails him for being “Trump’s stooge-

The Fresno Bee excoriated Rep. Devin Nunes for "doing the dirty work" of the Trump White House and caring more about conspiracy theories than constituents.

AP_17081705917831.jpg

(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

The Fresno Bee, a daily newspaper in Fresno, CA, issued a savage takedown of GOP Rep. Devin Nunes on Friday, blasting the congressman for being “Trump’s stooge” and “doing the dirty work” of the White House.

“What, pray tell, does Rep. Devin Nunes think he’s doing by waving around a secret memo attacking the FBI, the nation’s premier law enforcement agency?” the paper asked, referring to the memo that Nunes wrote alleging — without evidence — that the FBI engaged in major surveillance abuses during its investigation of the Trump campaign.

“He certainly isn’t representing his Central Valley constituents or Californians, who care much more about health care, jobs and, yes, protecting Dreamers than about the latest conspiracy theory,” Nunes’ hometown paper said....

https://shareblue.com/rep-devin-nunes-hometown-paper-nails-him-for-being-trumps-stooge/#.WmzHzLvj6s0.twitter

• Like 1

Steve SchmidtVerified account @SteveSchmidtSES Jan 27

Republicans redefine morality as whatever Trump does.

A great piece by Dana Milbank. This is a tragedy for this country. This is the story of a dangerous malignancy in a constitutional republic. Fidelity to any leader at this level is deeply troubling

" Yet so strong is the pull of tribalism that we’ve reached a point where partisanship outweighs morality. Republicans aren’t approving of Trump despite his behavior; in calling him a role model, they’re approving his behavior. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-redefine-morality-as-whatever-trump-does/2018/01/26/904fe5f4-02cc-11e8-8acf-ad2991367d9d_story.html?utm_term=.c5298877cba6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, jakeem said:

So many people have said that the current Republican Party is on the wrong side of history. That's true. What's also true is that they don't care about history. Or the future. They just want to amass as much wealth & power as they can while they're here, everyone else be damned.

They don't care about legacy. They don't care about decency. They don't care about justice. They don't care about the planet. They don't care about the generations ahead. They only care about money and supremacy. The @GOP is a party of shameless, unscrupulous selfishness.

That about says it all.

SOTU & GOP-

"...It was an occasion when mainstream Republicans, embodied by Pence and Ryan, stood behind Trump and enthusiastically clapped as the President delivered a prepared speech emphasizing areas of agreement: on taxes, on deregulation, on appointing conservative judges, on boosting military spending, on ripping up the Iran nuclear deal, on repealing Obamacare, on an infrastructure plan focused on supporting private companies, on loathing black NFL players who kneel during the national anthem.

This was an event designed to remind Republicans in Congress that Trump stands for what they stand for, at the end of the day, that he is a surprisingly orthodox conservative who will have their back when the chips are down when it comes to shredding the Obama administration’s environmental and pro-worker regulations and cutting taxes on corporations...

tonight’s speech demonstrated it. The Republican Party thinks Trump is doing a great job where it counts. That’s why they decline to investigate his business enterprises for potential efforts by lobbyists and foreign governments to influence the president. It’s why the House Intelligence Committee has focused more on uncovering some bizarre anti-Trump conspiracy in the FBI than on Trump’s potential connections to Russian interests during the 2016 campaign.

And ultimately, it’s why Trump will remain president until January 20, 2021. Not because he hasn’t done anything wrong, but because the only people who could end his presidency don’t care.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/30/16953348/donald-trump-state-of-the-union-winners-losers

:wacko:

• Thanks 2

No exactly madness, but 37 GOP representatives leaving the House voluntarily (Trey Gowdy of SC is latest).  This is interesting because they are the party that controls the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court and the government.

If anybody other than Trump was president, they would probably stay.

• Like 1

I’m a Republican. Why Is My Party Gaslighting America?

"....We are being gaslit into believing that, supposedly, those investigating Trump’s ties to Russia are so biased and corrupt that nothing they produce should be believed. Every once in a while, the true aims of this narrative are revealed. Rep. Matt Gaetz, the freshly elected Republican congressman from Florida, let the truth slip. He told CNN’s Jake Tapper in between his hits on InfoWars with Alex Jones, that there is “tremendous bias that should stop this probe from going forward.”

“Stop this probe from going forward.” Alas, there is always a purpose to Trump’s gaslighting. Trump’s firemen on Capitol Hill know their mission. Whether they succeed or not depends on our ability to see through the smoke....

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/01/30/republican-party-release-the-memo-gaslighting-america-216554

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2018 at 6:29 PM, NipkowDisc said:

katy tur? one of the most overtly biased female 'journalists' on TV. she's doesn't even try to hide it.:lol:

Did you see the time drumpf sicked the campaign rally crowd on her and a few other journalists? It was an irresponsible and hateful thing to do. But she kept on reporting and I watched her night after night and she seemed  objective to me.

A reporter isn't allowed to make a person look better or worse than they are in reality--they just have to tell the truth as they observe it.

So what you may be taking for her being bias is just her giving an honest assessment of the situation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

.@tedcruz: "It was stunning to watch Washington Democrats sit there stone-faced and refuse to applaud more jobs, higher wages, jobs coming back to America. Refuse to applaud wins for the working men and women of this country." #Hannity #SOTUSOTU_2018.png

Image result for ted cruz on SOTU

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

GOP sitting during Obama’s SOTU.

DU6UeZeX0AEGpPB.jpg

What goes around comes around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jakeem said:

John O. Brennan Retweeted Adam Schiff

I had many fights with Congressional Dems over the years on national security matters. But I never witnessed the type of reckless partisan behavior I am now seeing from Nunes and House Republicans. Absence of moral and ethical leadership in WH is fueling this government crisis.

The Republican party is at the abyss.

It's up to us to see that they don't take the entire nation with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Republican party is at the abyss.

It's up to us to see that they don't take the entire nation with them.

In other countries there would be more marches demanding that the government step down.

9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

In other countries there would be more marches demanding that the government step down.

There have been anti-Trump marches constantly since he took office. It's pretty clear most of America doesn't like him.

28 minutes ago, jakeem said:
xJ3Me1KK_bigger.jpgJoy ReidVerified account @JoyAnnReid
FollowingFollowing @JoyAnnReid
More

Joy Reid Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The top leadership of the FBI and Justice Department (current and former, including Wray, Mueller and James Comey) are Republicans. The Justice Department and FBI are led by Republicans appointed by Donald Trump. Are they politicized against themselves?

Cannibalism