Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

9 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I've seen so many ignorant Republican white men in Congress in the House that I think it's unfair to hold a Puerto Rican woman to a higher standard.LOL

She's new in politics and will learn along the way and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just the way the media gave trump the benefit of the doubt as a newbie.

The important thing to remember is that her Democratic constituents voted for her because that's who they want to represent them. 

Granted there are many ignorant GOP men that have run for Congress;  we saw many of them running as Tea-party types the last few elections.     But to imply that one is being unfair because she doesn't match that very low standard is nonsense to me.   

Yea,  I'm sure she will learn along the way (assuming she can even win in the General election), but that just makes it more silly and moronic that Dems like Sanders are saying she is the new face of the Dem party.    

Also,  what does her being Puerto Rican have to do with it?    Looks like you're playing identity politics let again by implying the reason one might hold her to a higher standard (when they are NOT even doing this), is because she isn't white.     

24 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Granted there are many ignorant GOP men that have run for Congress;  we saw many of them running as Tea-party types the last few elections.     But to imply that one is being unfair because she doesn't match that very low standard is nonsense to me.   

Yea,  I'm sure she will learn along the way (assuming she can even win in the General election), but that just makes it more silly and moronic that Dems like Sanders are saying she is the new face of the Dem party.    

Also,  what does her being Puerto Rican have to do with it?    Looks like you're playing identity politics let again by implying the reason one might hold her to a higher standard (when they are NOT even doing this), is because she isn't white.     

I don't know what identity politics are. All I know is that as a woman and as a Puerto Rican she's going to be unfairly criticized simply because that's the way the United States is.

Also I know if she has a predominantly Puerto Rican District, then they have the right to have a Puerto Rican person represent them. I don't have a problem with that. That's what you might expect in a representative democracy.

The fact that so many people are even talking about this woman from a district that we don't know anything about that has nothing really to do with us as individuals, just shows that there's an inordinate interest in her because she's breaking the mold of what power looks like in this country.

49 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Conservative House Republicans introduce a resolution to impeach Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, escalating their fight with the Justice Department https://cnn.it/2NM5nAh 

Di_RhD9UYAAf8J9.jpg

Some Republicans in the House don't have anything else better to do.

Apparently the Russians sabotaging our elections and threatening our cybersecurity is not important to them and they have no problem with the president not holding Putin accountable for these crimes.

Instead they want to stop the investigation into these crimes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

John Dean Retweeted Los Angeles Times

GOP wants instant gratification and the hell with long term consequences. They never learn. Democrats then must undertake the clean up with tough decisions the GOP refused to make. It has occurred time after time in my life. I don’t understand why anyone is a Republican!?!

Well, now we know 3 things about John Dean:

* He's not an elected GOP official.

** He's not a GOP paid political operative.

*** He's not a racist.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, jakeem said:

New study from the Media Research Center finds that 92% of news coverage related to @realDonaldTrump’s immigration policy is negative. Help us hold the mainstream media accountable ➡️http://gop.cm/6019rf6F5  http://gop.cm/6011rf6F9 

31 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Juan Melli Retweeted GOP

Why won’t the biased media tell positive stories about the baby cages?

56 minutes ago, jakeem said:

We haven't seen their faces. We don't know their names. We only know a number: 711. That's how many immigrant kids from separated families remain in custody, according to the latest government tally. https://cnn.it/2Akyj0n 

DjPJDumX4AEng92.jpg

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

GOP candidate accused of being ‘devotee of Bigfoot erotica’ by Democratic opponent in Virginia House race

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/republican-accused-of-being-devotee-of-bigfoot-by-democratic-opponent-in-virginia-house-race/

sNxzC4nW?format=jpg&name=600x314

49 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Denver Riggleman: It's not Bigfoot erotica, it's an "anthropological study"! http://bit.ly/2v2GMjF 

DjYF3iWU8AA90hV.jpg

Well, at least he's not a neo-Nazi.

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Let's not forget, the only real gov't shutdown this year was in January when @SenSchumer said amnesty was more important than funding the troops.

19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Molly Jong-Fast Retweeted Rep. Jim Jordan

Representative embroiled in enormous sexual molestation scandals should zip it.

Reportedly Jordan is up for the Speaker of the House job.

Apparently he stands to have a good chance because he has some of the same qualifications of a former speaker, who was also a former wrestling coach, Dennis Hastert.

• Haha 1

Kurt EichenwaldVerified account @kurteichenwald 18h18 hours ago

GOP “cared” about deficits until they could cut taxes and increase spending all themselves, once again blowing up red ink.

Just like right wing evangelical “Christians” also “cared” about morality

until they decided the most immoral president in history was a path to power.

;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Joe Scarborough Retweeted The Hill

Trump’s Republican Party is adopting Putin’s foreign policy, Stalin’s five year plans on tariffs and farm policy, while working to kill the investigation into Russian attempts to undermine American democracy. This party does not deserve to survive.

• Like 2

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest? " 

an utterance attributed to Henry II of England, which led to the death of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury, 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The HillVerified account @thehill 8m8 minutes ago

Gingrich: Sessions could stop Russia probe if he "wanted to" http://hill.cm/dRxOFZd 

DjiLLv3U8AAsRs4.jpg
  • Like 1

:rolleyes:

IL GOP Lawmaker Resigns Amid Allegations He Shared Nude Photos of Ex-Girlfriend to 'Catfish' on Instagram-

Rep. Nick Sauer, a GOP lawmaker representing portions of the northern suburbs, submitted his letter of resignation Wednesday saying "my ability to fulfill my obligations as a State Representative and public servant will be affected by the distraction of addressing these allegations."  ......

His ex-girlfriend Kate Kelly told Politico that Sauer created a fake Instagram account on which she said he posted nude photos of her to lure men into "graphic" discussions.

"Nick would use this account to direct message men with my photos to engage in graphic conversations of a sexual nature," Kelly said in a complaint filed with the Office of the Legislative Inspector General and reportedly obtained by Politico.

"The men believed they were communicating with me and Nick shared private details of my life," she said,.......

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/nick-sauer-nude-photos-instagram-resignation-489788011.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:

IL GOP Lawmaker Resigns Amid Allegations He Shared Nude Photos of Ex-Girlfriend to 'Catfish' on Instagram-

Rep. Nick Sauer, a GOP lawmaker representing portions of the northern suburbs, submitted his letter of resignation Wednesday saying "my ability to fulfill my obligations as a State Representative and public servant will be affected by the distraction of addressing these allegations."  ......

His ex-girlfriend Kate Kelly told Politico that Sauer created a fake Instagram account on which she said he posted nude photos of her to lure men into "graphic" discussions.

"Nick would use this account to direct message men with my photos to engage in graphic conversations of a sexual nature," Kelly said in a complaint filed with the Office of the Legislative Inspector General and reportedly obtained by Politico.

"The men believed they were communicating with me and Nick shared private details of my life," she said,.......

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/nick-sauer-nude-photos-instagram-resignation-489788011.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

Racism, misogyny, neo-nazis, pedophilia, excetera excetera excetera plus Bizarro conspiracy theories-- the GOP is just a respected political party in history only.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Trying very hard to understand why both the Republican-controlled House and Senate have voted down funds to strengthen state voting machinery. I mean, it couldn't possibly be because they don't mind if the Russians interfere again. Could it?

Don't look a free Mr. Ed in the mouth.

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Maria Butina's infiltration of GOP circles was anything but subtle. The alleged covert Russian agent liked to communicate via Twitter messages and WhatsApp. Her overly flirtatious approach left men wondering what she was truly after. https://cnn.it/2ABpfnN 

Djp_9y9XoAEWACC.jpg

Now these people don't have time to represent the American citizens as they are much too busy with their own private peccadilloes.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, jakeem said:

J.D. Gordon, who served for six months in Donald Trump's campaign, reportedly socialized with alleged Russian agent Maria Butina and invited her to a Styx concert.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/03/jd-gordon-maria-butina-styx-concert/903701002/

myZWfkwT?format=jpg&name=600x314

The Russian sex bomb

5 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Russian sex bomb

This story makes me sad;  A Styx concert;   Come on there are much better bands than that! 

Since they are exposing this Russian to good-old-fashion American things like guns,  why not take her to a jazz concert.