Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

Lincoln Project Releases First Anti-Trump Video: ‘MAGA Church’

"..........For those within the Republican Party who find themselves either unimpressed or outraged at President Trump, there is The Lincoln Project:  An organization dedicated to providing a space for conservative, anti-Trump voices.  Their latest concerns come as a number of evangelical leaders have recently heaped praise on the President.

The group, co-founded by Rick Wilson, a “Never Trump” leader who authored a book comparing Trump to the devil, and John Weaver, a strategist for John Kasich’s 2016 run, who said evangelical leaders — like Paula White-Cain, Trump’s personal pastor and faith adviser in the White House — who support Trump “are trying to transform America into their greedy image,” calling them “false prophets,” “professional grifters” and “cult makers.”........

https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/lincoln-project-releases-first-anti-trump-video-maga-church/

:huh:

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jakeem said:

PJkWzk4u_bigger.jpg

Here is Mitch McConnell affirming the oath he just took: “I solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of Donald John Trump now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

2:30 PM · Jan 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

PJkWzk4u_bigger.jpg

McConnell on Dec 17: “I'm not an impartial juror.....I’m not impartial about this at all."

2:30 PM · Jan 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

The desperate senators of the GOP

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

They should both be disqualified in a sane world.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:38 AM, jakeem said:

46h0aSgT_bigger.jpg

Sen. Martha McSally insulted CNN correspondent Manu Raju when he attempted to ask her whether or not she’d consider new evidence in the impending Senate impeachment trial: “You’re a liberal hack—I’m not talking to you."

1:23 PM · Jan 16, 2020·SocialFlow

On 1/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, jakeem said:

PDzHy1F9_bigger.jpg

Remember when Martha McSally was hailed as a bipartisan hero when she curled up with her adorable golden retriever to concede in 2018? Now she is a snarling Trumpist. @manuraju is incredibly fair. She had no business insulting him that way.

11:36 AM · Jan 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

On 1/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, jakeem said:

xJ3Me1KK_bigger.jpg

McSally faces a tough election for the seat she was appointed to after losing to Kyrsten Sinema in 2018. She's polling behind former astronaut and Gabby Giffords hubby Mark Kelly https://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/senate/az/arizona_senate_mcsally_vs_kelly-6801.htmlone ...

Reflexive Trumpism in swing state AZ might not be her best look.

11:25 AM · Jan 16, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

GOP senators-- some bad, some ugly, but all Desperate.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Uh,   there are only a handful (4 I believe) of GOP Senators that are "desperate";   I.e. facing difficult re-election challenges in 2020.    McSally clearly is one of them (and I hope she loses),     but out of the 23 GOP Senate seats up for re-election most are "safe".      A few will be vacated (the incumbent isn't running),   so there isn't any data on how vulnerable these seats are for a Dem takeover in 2020.

• Like 1

NrRRE0_b_bigger.jpg

Republican senators are dismissing the recently released non-partisan Government Accountability Office report which said that the Trump administration's withholding of Ukraine assistance was illegal https://cnn.it/2NzLMpn

12:39 AM · Jan 17, 2020·SocialFlow

15 hours ago, jakeem said:

GOP Senators are determined to take the Legacy and Reputation of the US Senate down with them.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

They should be tried for perjury!!!

On 1/17/2020 at 7:19 AM, Princess of Tap said:

[Video on McConnell and Graham was in original post]

Neither McConnell nor Graham are desperate.  McConnell will have a closer race, but he has delivered for KY and the voters have supported him in the past.  Graham is a shoo in.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, cigarjoe said:

On what grounds?  Perjury?  All they have to do is say, I am no longer partial, so the oath was valid.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, Princess of Tap said:

James addressed this.  Very, very few of those up for election are "desperate."

22 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

"WATCH: Chris Hayes: “Republican senators have no idea the actual scope of what they're really covering up.” https://on.msnbc.com/2RoJgTP #inners"

GOP Senators are determined to take the Legacy and Reputation of the US Senate down with them.

I think we can say the legacy and reputation of the US Senate is pretty much sullied now.  The GOP senators know exactly what they are doing and what they are covering up.  In addition, they don't care what Trump did or did not do.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

"Most unpopular senator" revealed in new poll http://hill.cm/ZlwE7mw

1:19 PM · Jan 17, 2020·SocialFlow

xd4-jgzB_bigger.jpg

Susan Collins went from one of the most popular US Senators to the LEAST popular because of her support of Trump policy.

spW3fMKz?format=jpg&name=small

9:17 AM · Jan 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpg

McSally shuts down calls to apologize to CNN reporter she lashed out at: "Called it like it is" http://hill.cm/yqICkKK

1:52 PM · Jan 17, 2020·SocialFlow

Two more desperate GOP Senators who are beginning to feel the heat.

• Like 1

Susan Collins and McSally are doing poorly in polls for vastly different reasons.     Collins,  trying to play-the-middle,   is feeling heat from both sides;   Trump supporters don't feel she is strongly in his corner,  and of course those-that-lean-left feel she is too much of a Trump \ McConnell cheerleader.    This is what happens to pols that try to have-it-both-ways.         In 2016 Maine split their EC votes, with 3 for Clinton and 1 for Trump.     That explains why Collins is playing the middle but hopefully it all blows up in her face in 2020.  

McSally is mostly getting heat from the Dems \ the left.     She is a clown and unprofessional and while she won't  be challenged in the GOP primary,   is likely to face defeat in the general.     Well that is what I'm  hoping for.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Susan Collins and McSally are doing poorly in polls for vastly different reasons.     Collins,  trying to play-the-middle,   is feeling heat from both sides;   Trump supporters don't feel she is strongly in his corner,  and of course those-that-lean-left feel she is too much of a Trump \ McConnell cheerleader.    This is what happens to pols that try to have-it-both-ways.         In 2016 Maine split their EC votes, with 3 for Clinton and 1 for Trump.     That explains why Collins is playing the middle but hopefully it all blows up in her face in 2020.  

McSally is mostly getting heat from the Dems \ the left.     She is a clown and unprofessional and while she won't  be challenged in the GOP primary,   is likely to face defeat in the general.     Well that is what I'm  hoping for.

From Wikipedia:  "Following an unsuccessful congressional bid in 2012, McSally was first elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2014. She served two terms as the U.S. Representative for Arizona's 2nd congressional district. McSally was the Republican nominee in Arizona's 2018 U.S. Senate election, losing 50–48% to Democratic Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema, while Democrat Ann Kirkpatrick won McSally's seat in the House elections. Following that election, interim U.S. Senator Jon Kyl announced his resignation from the state's other Senate seat, and Republican Governor Doug Ducey appointed McSally to succeed Kyl."

From The Hill: "And a poll from the Phoenix-based firm OH Predictive Insights showed [Mark] Kelly narrowly leading McSally 47 percent to 44 percent in a head-to-head matchup."

There will be Dem and GOP primaries in Sept. to pick the two senatorial candidates.  There are four candidates for each party.  McSally and Kelly are the leaders of their respective parties.

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Senate_special_election_in_Arizona,_2020

I hope McSally is defeated in the general election, but it was close last time and may be closer this time.

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

There will be Dem and GOP primaries in Sept. to pick the two senatorial candidates.  There are four candidates for each party.  McSally and Kelly are the leaders of their respective parties.

Thanks for that info;   Wow,  Sept.  seams like of late for a primary.      This benefits an incumbent since they typically have less of a fight in their parties' primary (and sometimes no serious challenges at all),   and can focus time and energy on the general instead of the primary.     The non-incumbent only has < 2 months, 

1. In new polling for , Maine voters see

as driven by political self-interest, not principle.

The results show Collins' already weak position will be further weakened by aligning so closely with Trump and McConnell on impeachment........

The bottom line is that Collins will be out of step with her state by voting to protect Trump and to give him a pass for his abuse of power. Those votes will continue to burnish a growing view of Collins as someone who puts politics above principle. ....

Here is a link to the poll memo:

https://politico.com/f/?id=0000016f

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Saying it does not make it so.  Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush didn't hurt the GOP much, if at all.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

Saying it does not make it so.  Nixon, Reagan, George W. Bush didn't hurt the GOP much, if at all.

So true.   But hey this Kurt guy,  (as well as most of the spam posted by 666),  is someone that knows next to nothing.

They likely don't recall what was said by partisans like them after Obama won in 2008,  that based on the demographics,  the GOP will never win the Presidency ever again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

IMO you cannot equate Trump with any of those presidents.  What Trump has been doing is perverting the office and the country for his own personal gain.  That should be unforgivable to anyone who hasn't been drinking the kool aid.  And it should have repercussions on his enablers - the GOP party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

I rather think stains are more Bill Clinton's dept.

:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

I rather think stains are more Bill Clinton's dept.

:D

So true,   but the main reason is due to the fact that Trump can't finish.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

IMO you cannot equate Trump with any of those presidents.  What Trump has been doing is perverting the office and the country for his own personal gain.  That should be unforgivable to anyone who hasn't been drinking the kool aid.  And it should have repercussions on his enablers - the GOP party.

Didn't you see where Cid stated:  "Saying it does not make it so. ".       

I don't see where he is saying Trump's behavior should NOT have repercussions,    but that historically that  hasn't been the case and is unlikely to be the case even with Trump (who I assume Cid would admit has done things that are worst then those other GOP Presidents,,,, but with Nixon it is hair splitting).

So you misunderstand yet again due to your lack of knowledge on how partisans react to"bad behavior" from one of their own politicians.

The point again is:  OK it SHOULD,,,,,  but we are saying it likely will NOT.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Didn't you see where Cid stated:  "Saying it does not make it so. ".       

I don't see where he is saying Trump's behavior should NOT have repercussions,    but that historically that  hasn't been the case and is unlikely to be the case even with Trump (who I assume Cid would admit has done things that are worst then those other GOP Presidents,,,, but with Nixon it is hair splitting).

So you misunderstand yet again due to your lack of knowledge on how partisans react to"bad behavior" from one of their own politicians.

Not at all.  I was saying that Trump is completely unlike those other historic cases and I pointed out why in very clear terms.  If you couldn't get that from my post, well ...

And give me a break.  I don't need your personal observations ... only time will tell what happens so this is all just wind - from everyone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't disagree with this BTW.  You want to know why?  Because I have no faith in the population.  Trump got elected after all and anyone with half of a brain should have known from his past that he would be a disaster.

All I was saying is that those who have not drank of the kool aid may recognize that Trump has crossed over by being completely self serving and not serving the nation and THEY may punish the party for enabling him.

• Like 1