Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I don't disagree with this BTW.  You want to know why?  Because I have no faith in the population.  Trump got elected after all and anyone with half of a brain should have known from his past that he would be a disaster.

All I was saying is that those who have not drank of the kool aid may recognize that Trump has crossed over by being completely self serving and not serving the nation and THEY may punish the party for enabling him.

I assume that those that have NOT drank the kool aid,   will continue to support the GOP for many reasons and Trump being a complete disaster will have only short term harm,  at best.    I hope my assumption is proven to be incorrect but I highly doubt it.    The GOP will still have a majority at the state level in the majority of the states.  

As for kool aid ,  I find the comment by Bardella falls in that category: They (as in an entire generation) will never be willing to vote GOP, to register as a Republican. That’s not going to go away. This is a permanent stain for the entire party.

Way over the top and total nonsense.     

As for "personal observations";  sorry I forgot how overly sensitive you are.    (oh no I just pulled a Britney Spears).

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Didn't you see where Cid stated:  "Saying it does not make it so. ".       

I don't see where he is saying Trump's behavior should NOT have repercussions,    but that historically that  hasn't been the case and is unlikely to be the case even with Trump (who I assume Cid would admit has done things that are worst then those other GOP Presidents,,,, but with Nixon it is hair splitting).

So you misunderstand yet again due to your lack of knowledge on how partisans react to"bad behavior" from one of their own politicians.

The point again is:  OK it SHOULD,,,,,  but we are saying it likely will NOT.

Thank you for understanding my point.  The original statement was that Trump would permanently damage the GOP "brand."  My contention is that it will not.  The Republican Party itself has so many positions on so many issues with which so many people agree that they will suffer any fools as long as their agenda gets delivered.

What might damage the GOP brand is if younger voters, non-white voters, female voters and suburban voters adopt issues that are counter to the GOP's.  Assuming they are not "excluded" from voting.

Incidentally I could have included Clinton as an example of bad behavior not affecting the party itself.

The hope is that Trump will cause some Republicans to rethink their support of Republican leaders.  Probably not in the next decade though.

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

7Y1JaC3s_bigger.jpg

Truly what kind of a country are we when a US Senator takes cheap shots at a Purple Heart recipient who has dedicated his life to protect us. Shame on you Sen. Blackburn. You’re better than that.

6:35 PM · Jan 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

And if she was better than that she wouldn't have done it in the first place.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

And if she was better than that she wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Spot-on.      I don't understand why anyone would give someone a pass with the silly comment of "you're better than that".

As you note,  clearly they are NOT.       I guess one reason would be that such a comment is a gentle way to shame someone into an apology.  

But as we know Trumpers rarely apology!  (since they are NOT better than that).

• Thanks 2

Trump’s impeachment defense: Who is paying the president’s lawyers?

By 

Beth Reinhard and 
Jan. 28, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. GMT

As President Trump faces mounting legal bills from his impeachment trial, he is drawing on national party coffers flush with donations from energized supporters — unlike the last president to be impeached who left the White House “dead broke.”

The Republican National Committee is picking up the tab for at least two of Trump’s private attorneys in the ongoing trial

an arrangement that differs from the legal fund then-president Bill Clinton set up, only to see it fail to raise enough to cover his millions of dollars in bills before he left office.

================================================

giphy.gif

I spoke in front of 3,000 Iowa Republicans last night. It was like a MAGA rally. I told them we needed a President who doesn’t lie all the time. The crowd booed me. I told them we needed a President who wasn’t indecent & cruel. The crowd booed me. 1/

.............I told them that, because of Trump, young people, women, and people of color want nothing to do with the Republican Party. The crowd booed me. I told them I’m a pro life, pro gun, secure the border conservative, but we need a President who is decent and represents everyone. 3/

.......Afterwards, I realized again that my Republican Party isn’t a Party, it’s a cult. I realized again that nobody can beat Trump in a Republican Primary. And most importantly and most sadly, I realized again that I don’t belong in this party. I have no home in this party. 6/

............to stop Trump. Let’s make sure Trump is defeated in 2020, then we get back to respectfully debating issues. Instead of talking about Trump everyday. Let’s put aside our differences on certain issues now and understand that Trump is the single greatest threat to this Republic. 9/

:huh:
  • Sad 1

Romney denies Trump unanimous Republican acquittal support-

"The president is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust."

"The grave question the Constitution tasks senators to answer is whether the president committed an act so extreme and egregious that it rises to the level of a 'high crime and misdemeanor,' Romney said in a dramatic floor speech, in which Romney choked up while discussing how he is guided by his faith.

"Yes, he did," Romney said..........

Romney on the criticism he'll receive for his vote:

"Does anyone seriously believe that I would consent to these consequences, other than from an inescapable conviction that my oath before God demanded it of me?"..........

Mitt Romney brought a stunning twist to the end of President Donald Trump’s impeachment trial: A bipartisan vote to convict the president on charges of abuse of power.

The Wednesday announcement by the Utah Republican made him the only member of the GOP to break with the president and his party on the crucial question of whether Trump deserved to be removed from office.........

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/05/sen-mitt-romney-will-vote-to-convict-trump-breaking-with-fellow-republicans-110848

==========================================

BREAKING NEWS: Trump's Son Don Calls for Romney to Be Expelled From GOP Permanently for Disloyalty to His Dad,

Underscoring the Terrifying Autocracy the Trumps Seek to Bring to America

<_<

• Sad 2

:(  <_<

Trump world wages war on Romney as he fears 'unimaginable' consequences for impeachment

As Democrats praised Romney for his act of "moral courage," Trump world began relentlessly attacking the Utah senator.

• Sad 1

Collins reacts to angry voicemails in response to acquittal vote

........."You are a traitor traitor that you support people like Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump,” it continued. 

Another voicemail said, “You’re going to lose, Susan Collins. You’re going to lose. You’re just a little [expletive] for Donald Trump.”

“This is a continuation of the kind of abuse and harassment that has occurred for my staff, my family and me since my vote for Justice [Brett] Kavanaugh,” Collins responded on “The Story With Martha MacCallum.” 

“And I think it’s a sad commentary that we can’t have differences of opinion without resorting to profanity to death threats to vile language,” she added. “And yet it seems we lost the ability in this country to disagree respectfully.”.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481760-collins-reacts-to-angry-voicemails-in-response-to-acquittal-vote

=============================================

"President Trump unloaded on his perceived political enemies, declaring that the investigations into him have been "all bull****" in a sprawling and teleprompter-free address less than a day after senators acquitted him on two articles of impeachment......

:rolleyes:  <_<

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

_oEEIsvx_bigger.jpg

NPR

Authorities in Mississippi say an embezzlement scheme diverted millions of dollars away from a fund for needy families — and into inappropriate uses, including personal investments and a stay at a luxury rehab facility.

1:09 AM · Feb 7, 2020·SocialFlow

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

1hIJzOWv_bigger.jpg

Why are Republicans drawn to committing crimes like moths to a flame?

7:20 AM · Feb 8, 2020·Buffer

The Republican party also seems to draw neo-nazis, white supremacists and at least one famous accused pedophile.

• Sad 2
On 2/6/2020 at 1:52 PM, mr6666 said:

Collins reacts to angry voicemails in response to acquittal vote

........."You are a traitor traitor that you support people like Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump,” it continued. 

Another voicemail said, “You’re going to lose, Susan Collins. You’re going to lose. You’re just a little [expletive] for Donald Trump.”

“This is a continuation of the kind of abuse and harassment that has occurred for my staff, my family and me since my vote for Justice [Brett] Kavanaugh,” Collins responded on “The Story With Martha MacCallum.” 

“And I think it’s a sad commentary that we can’t have differences of opinion without resorting to profanity to death threats to vile language,” she added. “And yet it seems we lost the ability in this country to disagree respectfully.”.....

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/481760-collins-reacts-to-angry-voicemails-in-response-to-acquittal-vote

=============================================

"President Trump unloaded on his perceived political enemies, declaring that the investigations into him have been "all bull****" in a sprawling and teleprompter-free address less than a day after senators acquitted him on two articles of impeachment......

:rolleyes:  <_<

LESSON LEARNED, right Susan?  NOT!! Not Trump nor have you!

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

xd4-jgzB_bigger.jpg

"The awarding of more than $1 million total to the two groups, Hookers for Jesus in Nevada and the Lincoln Tubman Foundation in South Carolina, has triggered a whistleblower complaint filed by the Justice Department’s employee."

5:01 PM · Feb 10, 2020·Twitter Web Client

What is going on at the DOJ?

• Sad 1

Here are two for the price of one:

CPAC, but for white nationalists: Later this month, conservative operatives from all over the country will head to a hotel outside Washington for the Conservative Political Action Conference, the annual mega-confab for all things Trump. 

But this time, CPAC will face a racist rival conference at an undisclosed location nearby: the “America First Political Action Conference,” featuring two speakers who marched in the white supremacist Charlottesville rally in 2017. 

Ordinarily, a gathering this fringe wouldn’t mean much for the right—except for the fact that Michelle Malkin, one of the most prominent conservative columnists in the country, is also speaking. Malkin’s headlining role raises questions about how far racist ideas are infiltrating the mainstream right. 

The backstory here is that a particularly online section of the right has been riven for the past few months between “groypers”—the white nationalist activists and their fellow travelers—and more establishment conservative elements like Charlie Kirk’s Turning Point USA and the organizers of CPAC. 

Organized around white nationalist Nick Fuentes, the “groypers”—who take their name from an obese toad version of Pepe the Frog—started showing up at Turning Point events and shouting down speakers like Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX). They claimed that Crenshaw and his allies aren’t conservative enough, and many of their questions were aimed at questioning the United States’ support for Israel, in an attempt to “red-pill” campus conservatives toward more extreme views.

Malkin has gone all-in on the groypers, apparently because of her hardline stance on immigration. She joined the encrypted messaging app Telegram—their preferred social media platform—and even lost her speaker’s bureau contract over it. 

Now Malkin, who had a headlining speech at CPAC just last year, is positioning the racist AFPAC variation as the real conservative conference. She’ll appear at the event alongside Fuentes, a Holocaust denier, and Patrick Casey, the leader of a white nationalist group that rebranded after its internal chat logs leaked. Malkin’s appearance at AFPAC raises the embarrassing possibility that plenty of CPAC attendees will head over to AFPAC on Friday night, linking the conservative movement’s leading conference with white nationalists.

Malkin has promoted AFPAC on Twitter and declared that, unlike CPAC, it would have no “swamp lobbyists lurking backstage.” 

Malkin didn’t respond to a request for comment. But her appearance at the white nationalist event suggests that the far-right, racist “groyper” ethos is getting more entrenched with conservatives. 

and

Seth Rich conspiracy theories flare anew: It’s been a lean couple of years for Seth Rich conspiracy theorists. The people fixated on the 2016 murder of the Democratic National Committee staffer had their high point in 2017, when Hannity and a Fox reporter pushed the baseless idea that Hillary Clinton had Rich killed for leaking hacked Democratic emails to WikiLeaks. 

Hannity started losing advertisers, Rich’s family sued Fox, and the channel ditched the story. Since then, the most prominent Rich conspiracy theorist has been vlogger Matt Couch—a guy with a sizable fringe following but not exactly a household name on the right. 

That all might be about to change now, though, after redacted emails obtained from the Department of Justice with the subject line “Seth Rich” were released earlier this month.

While the emails are all brief and are just about people dismissing the idea that Rich was involved in the WikiLeaks email hack, they’ve been seized on by Rich conspiracy theorists. And they’ve made their way over to OAN, the cable network that Trump increasingly praises in an attempt to push Fox rightward. 

Last week, OAN ran an entire segment about the emails, with the headline proclaiming: “Attorney: FBI Had Been Lying About The Murder Of Seth Rich.” The blast of cable news attention has reinvigorated Seth Rich conspiracy theorists, suggesting that the saga the Rich family has long asked speculators to end won’t be stopping anytime soon. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michelle-malkin-endorses-racist-cpac-101427756.html

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Haven't the Republicans just named this bozo the head of the judiciary?  They should check the phone records!!!

In testimony before the Ohio legislature, a witness alleged that the congressman and former assistant coach was part of a coverup to discredit accounts of sexual abuse by the wrestling team’s doctor.

GTVW63CN64I6VP2E6UCD5M4RRI.jpg

• By 
    Feb. 13, 2020 at 2:25 a.m. GMT

A former Ohio State wrestler accused Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) of repeatedly “crying” and “begging” him not to corroborate accounts of sexual abuse against the university’s wrestling team doctor that occurred when Jordan was a coach.

Adam DiSabato — the brother of Mike DiSabato, the whistleblower who exposed the abuse by Richard Strauss — testified Wednesday during a public hearing in the state legislature that when the story came out in July 2018, he received a phone call from a tearful Jordan.

“Jim Jordan called me crying, crying, groveling, on the Fourth of July, begging me to go against my brother, begging me, crying for half an hour,” Adam DiSabato said, according to video of his testimony. “That’s the kind of coverups going on here.”

....more

Top trump supporter in the US House of Representatives is still dogged by sexual abuse enablement accusations from former Ohio State students.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jakeem said:

DijesdNB_bigger.jpg

.@Lawrence: "Republican Senator Susan Collins for the first time in her career is in trouble in her re-election campaign in Maine ... Susan Collins is now polling in a tie with one of her Democratic challengers, Sara Gideon."

2:02 PM · Feb 19, 2020·SocialFlow

You reap what you sow.....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

Maybe she should mosey on over to the Supreme Court building and ask her good buddy Brett Kavanaugh if he can enlighten her on why people in her home state can't stand her.

• Haha 1
On 2/19/2020 at 2:52 PM, mr6666 said:

Weird how Republicans haven't mentioned Hunter Biden in a couple weeks,

since his father's disappointing showing in New Hampshire.

It's almost like they don't actually give a **** about him.

:huh:   :lol:

Now that Biden is again a viable candidate, the GOP is trying to fast track the Hunter Biden investigation.  They are really pathetic and almost as transparently stupid as Donald Trump 

• Sad 1