Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

11 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
170518025807-investigates-logo-specials-page-5-large-169.jpg

Six former wrestlers say Rep. Jim Jordan knew about abusive OSU doctor

By Curt Devine, Drew Griffin and Majlie de Puy Kamp, CNN Investigates

Updated 0000 GMT (0800 HKT) March 7, 2020 

(CNN)Tito Vazquez says he still remembers the day three decades ago when, as a wrestler at Ohio State University, the doctor he'd gone to see about a bloody nose insisted on examining his genitals. He also recalls how one of his coaches dismissed his immediate complaint. 

"'I have nothing to do with this,'" Vazquez quoted the assistant coach saying, as he effectively ended the conversation and went on with wrestling practice. 
That coach, Vazquez says, was Jim Jordan, now an Ohio congressman and an influential voice in Republican politics, perhaps best known for his pugnacious defense of President Donald Trump during the recent impeachment proceedings. 
Vazquez is one of six former OSU wrestlers who told CNN in recent interviews that they were present when Jordan heard or responded to sexual misconduct complaints about team doctor Richard Strauss. Eight others say Strauss' inappropriate behavior was an open secret in the athletic department and that Jordan, among others, must have known about it.

Jordan is a leading Republican trump supporter in the House of Representatives, who has a lot of questions to answer and a lot of people to answer to about these accusations of misconduct at Ohio State University.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jakeem said:

WmH6gSon_bigger.jpg

1. I am announcing that I, along with 3 of my senior staff, are officially under self-quarantine after sustained contact at CPAC with a person who has since been hospitalized with the Wuhan Virus. My office will be closed for the week.

2. We are all asymptomatic and feel great. But we are being proactive and cautious.

3. Keep the person in the hospital in your prayers. We are in touch with the CDC and the White House. They are doing a great job staying on top of this.

9:08 PM · Mar 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

bIU9xP3k_bigger.jpg

BREAKING from me & @AlexNBCNews : Members of Congress are becoming increasingly anxious about coronavirus and there is growing pressure on leadership to take steps to protect lawmakers — even potentially recessing for a period of weeks, according to two Democratic sources

Multiple sources tell NBC News anxiety is on the rise among lawmakers as more cases are reported and the disease spreads. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, announced late Sunday he will self-quarantine after shaking hands with a CPAC attendee who is now hospitalized with COVID19.

And Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., is also self-quarantining after close contact with the CPAC attendee, as are several members of his senior staff. Gosar is closing his Washington office for the week.

“Members are very nervous,” a senior Democratic leadership aide said.

10:24 PM · Mar 8, 2020·Twitter for iPad

But trump says Coronavirus is a Democratic hoax-- perpetrated and promoted by the Democratic party to hurt his chances for re-election.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, jakeem said:

_BZqgAUy_bigger.png

Have I missed it, or has any GOP senator spoken up about:

1) Need for calmly urgent measures on virus? (Not counting Cruz self-quarantine.)
2) Preparation for layoffs / ec shocks ahead? (Not counting Kudlow “buy on the dip!”)

Not aware of any…

10:57 AM · Mar 9, 2020·TweetDeck

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

aPA-tD0F_bigger.jpg

The GOP is MIA.

11:34 AM · Mar 9, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

trump is now the leader of their party and he is the only person who speaks for the party--

They're all afraid to say anything for fear that they will contradict their fearless leader.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, jakeem said:

FC9NXPWt_bigger.jpeg

GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, who has told Fox News viewers that Democrats are using the #coronavirus to "scare" the American people, is in quarantine, awaiting her test results for #COVID19

2:45 PM · Mar 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

3 hours ago, jakeem said:

JPBaC3fy_bigger.jpg

Replying to

Angry face

All these GOP pandemic deniers who once claimed COVID was a hoax are now getting preferential access to testing because they are afraid they’ve been infected.

Meanwhile everyday Americans are *not* getting tested and told to wait.

2:41 PM · Mar 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

GOP says it's a hoax and a Democratic conspiracy until they get sick and then they are at the top of the list for the test.

The hypocrisy hoax--LOL

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, jakeem said:

S7O3vYVT_bigger.jpg

A reporter asked me today why conservatives were initially so skeptical of the threat of the coronavirus. I tried to explain that one of the dangerous consequences of having a totally dishonest left wing news media was that most Americans discounted their hysteria as phony.

1:39 PM · Mar 16, 2020·Twitter for iPad

14 minutes ago, jakeem said:

0i86noPZ_bigger.jpg

Conservative leaders spent decades driving their supporters to reject mainstream reporting and instead patronize right-wing media outlets. When those supporters needed life-or-death information about a pandemic, they got propaganda instead.

"It's the dishonest left wing news media's fault that Fox was telling everyone coronavirus was just like the flu" is apparently the take you get from the party of personal responsibility.

1:42 PM · Mar 16, 2020·TweetDeck

The CDC, The World Health Organization and doctors here and abroad have publicly stated that the coronavirus pandemic is 10 X more deadly than the flu and more highly contagious.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, jakeem said:

McConnell just doesn't care about the average American--

And neither does the GOP.

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

j0dSHvkO_bigger.jpg

This is what McConnell was doing instead of taking up the House Coronavirus aid package.

ROL16bNV_normal.jpg
Indivisible KY
@Indivisible_KY3

Replying to @IndivisibleTeam
This is why he went home. To have a love fest with his buds...oh, and to make calls to senior judges to encourage them to retire.

6:35 PM · Mar 17, 2020·Twitter Web App

The lives and the health of the American people can wait.

JYMrr9_4_bigger.jpg

This crisis is moving fast. Our health system is under strain and our economy is hurting. It is critical that we act swiftly and boldly to stabilize our economy, preserve Americans’ jobs, get money to workers and families, & keep up our fight on the health front.

1:00 PM · Mar 19, 2020·Twitter Web App

F6qGnkvT_bigger.jpg

You decided to go on a Brett Kavanaugh victory tour instead of helping us last weekend. Shame.

2:13 PM · Mar 19, 2020·TweetDeck

The GOP has its own agenda.

Senator Dumped Up to $1.6 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness

Intelligence Chair Richard Burr’s selloff came around the time he was receiving daily briefings on the health threat.

.........Members of Congress are required by law to disclose their securities transactions.

Burr was one of just three senators who in 2012 opposed the bill that explicitly barred lawmakers and their staff from using nonpublic information for trades and required regular disclosure of those trades..........

https://www.propublica.org/article/senator-dumped-up-to-1-6-million-of-stock-after-reassuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness?fbclid=IwAR1yN5jYCRJnuzs7x_e9n6g58mBMzlaFeYKYXNM8aVrwaYAN5WJ_mKpH1JQ

<_<

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

As Senate Intel Chair Richard Burr was privately warning about the dangers of coronavirus, he was offloading between $500k and $1.5M in stocks that plummeted in value weeks later 

5:17 PM · Mar 19, 2020·TweetDeck                                 

The GOP always have a special way of ripping off the American public.

10 hours ago, jakeem said:

L_9KpDan_bigger.png

GOP Sen. Richard Burr's response to the coronavirus insider-trading allegations ranges from weak denial to "lol" https://bit.ly/2QvYvuB

12:38 AM · Mar 20, 2020·TweetDeck

Typical white male republican senator..... these people don't represent the average American--

The GOP represents the 1% class of fat cats, which they are a part of.

54 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Typical white male republican senator..... these people don't represent the average American--

The GOP represents the 1% class of fat cats, which they are a part of.

Showing a little gender bias?  It is typical of white Republicans, male and female.  The other senator who did the same thing was a white woman from GA(?).

9 hours ago, shutoo said:

Interesting oped from a repub consultant in  today's WAPO

Don’t just blame President Trump. Blame me — and all the other Republicans who aided and abetted and, yes, benefited from protecting a political party that has become dangerous to America. Some of us knew better.

you can read it here:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/18/elections-have-consequences-slow-response-virus-is-one-them/

• Thanks 1

What we need in the Senate bill:
—Universal unemployment insurance, with checks sent to *everyone* as early as next week
—Medicaid expansion
—Money to help hospitals buy masks, ICUs & ventilators

What we don't need: —A $500B slush fund for corporations with no strings attached
-_-
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, jakeem said:

Well, somebody in the GOP finally said what we've all known for decades--

Corporate money, corporate Republican party donors with corporate money, fat cats who live off Wall Street and the money that the GOP and individual Republican office holders get from them and the taxpayers of the United States

Is more important to the GOP than the lives and welfare of the American people.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Well, somebody in the GOP finally said what we've all known for decades--

Corporate money, corporate Republican party donors with corporate money, fat cats who live off Wall Street and the money that the GOP and individual Republican office holders get from them and the taxpayers of the United States

Is more important to the GOP than the lives and welfare of the American people.

Well it isn't just Republicans.     E.g.  here in CA the very liberal Newsom is allowing construction\ of the L.A. Rams \ Chargers football stadium.   Around 3,000 workers are there.    I fail to see how this type of construction is an essential business.      According to the construction company they are practicing social distancing but the L.A. Times had photos of the site with guys talking standing right next to each other.

Also,   pot shops are considered to be an  essential business.     I can see Medical pot, but not recreational.    Also,   most pot shops have delivery services.

Both of these were covered by the L.A. Times today,   so hopefully Newsom will makes some changes.    Close that construction site and those pot-shots Gavin!   

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well it isn't just Republicans.     E.g.  here in CA the very liberal Newsom is allowing construction\ of the L.A. Rams \ Chargers football stadium.   Around 3,000 workers are there.    I fail to see how this type of construction is an essential business.      According to the construction they are practicing social distancing but the L.A. Times had photos of the site with guys talking standing right next to each other.

Also,   pot shops are considered to be an  essential business.     I can see Medical pot, but not recreational.    Also,   most pot shops have delivery services.

Both of these were covered by the L.A. Times today,   so hopefully Newsom will makes some changes.    Close that construction site and those pot-shots Gavin!   

All I can say is that all the liquor stores are open where I live. LOL

34 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

All I can say is that all the liquor stores are open where I live. LOL

Often they are not "liquor stores" but instead stores that sell liquor  (i.e. they sell food and medicine also which of course is essential).     It is my understanding that a store that only sells liquor is a NON-essential business.

Of course you live in Kansas which might still have laws (like Utah had \ has?),  that only allow the selling of liquor to be sold in liquor-store-only shops (in some states that applies only to the hard stuff,,,,  beer and wine can be sold in a grocery store).

Anyhow,    I don't view liquor as an essential item so if I was the Governor in a state that had liquor-store-only shops I would close them down.      

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Often they are not "liquor stores" but instead stores that sell liquor  (i.e. they sell food and medicine also which of course is essential).     It is my understanding that a store that only sells liquor is a NON-essential business.

Of course you live in Kansas which might still have laws (like Utah had \ has?),  that only allow the selling of liquor to be sold in liquor-store-only shops (in some states that applies only to the hard stuff,,,,  beer and wine can be sold in a grocery store).

Anyhow,    I don't view liquor as an essential item so if I was the Governor in a state that had liquor-store-only shops I would close them down.      

James, that's why we call them liquor stores-- because they can only sell liquor. LOL

Recently the Kansas legislature totally freaked me out when they allowed hard beer in the grocery store before that it was 3.2 beer.

But no wine or real whiskey is ever sold in Kansas grocery stores.

The only controversy we've had in this area is that the local Health agencies had to go in and shut down Hobby Lobby last week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

James, that's why we call them liquor stores-- because they can only sell liquor. LOL

Recently the Kansas legislature totally freaked me out when they allowed hard beer in the grocery store before that it was 3.2 beer.

But no wine or real whiskey is ever sold in Kansas grocery stores.

The only controversy we've had in this area is that the local Health agencies had to go in and shut down Hobby Lobby last week.

Yea,  I thought your state was one of those with these type of laws.     I'm surprise given the existing restrictions that liquor stores are consider essential in your state.

Does Kansas still have dry-counties?     

16 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Yea,  I thought your state was one of those with these type of laws.     I'm surprise given the existing restrictions that liquor stores are consider essential in your state.

Does Kansas still have dry-counties?     

Yes, of course there are dry counties.

But give us a little Applause, because a few years back some counties started allowing the liqour stores to be open briefly on Sunday.

This is a great accomplishment and should not be ignored!

The thing you should realize is that Carrie Nation is a legend in Kansas and certainly her influential vibrations are still reverberating here.

BTW-- To give you an idea of what people are like here. If they ever need another name for Kansas it oughta be--

" We Buy Beer by The Keg ".

• Haha 1

Can anyone explain why Ron DeSantis has been so reckless during the crisis?

He’s playing with fire and the deaths of so many Florida seniors.

He has ignored health care officials from the pandemic’s outbreak.

With so many seniors in the state, I just don’t get it.

<_<
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Can anyone explain why Ron DeSantis has been so reckless during the crisis?

He’s playing with fire and the deaths of so many Florida seniors.

He has ignored health care officials from the pandemic’s outbreak.

With so many seniors in the state, I just don’t get it.

<_<

Seth Abramson (@)

@SethAbramson

·

3h

BREAKING NEWS: Top Trump Ally Ron DeSantis (Republican Governor of Florida)

Finally Issues Statewide Stay-at-Home Order

After Many, Many Days of Criticism, Illness, and Death Across Florida

https://tampabay.com/news/health/20

-_-