Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:

Jon Ossoff

@ossoff

US Senate candidate, GA

BREAKING: Senator Perdue just cancelled our final debate.

At last night's debate, millions saw that Perdue had no answers when I called him out on his record of blatant corruption, widespread disease, and economic devastation.

Shame on you, Senator.

4:27 PM · Oct 29, 2020·

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 8:35 PM, mr6666 said:

<_<

Exactly.  And you will likely have 71 million brainwashed idiots who voted for the GOP yelling, "yeah that's right!   No more money for the people.  Let the corporations have it."

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, Hibi said:

YUP! Seen this all before. :(

Immediately Mitch McConnell said publicly that his goal was to make Obama a one-term president.

He couldn't do that, but he did succeed in blocking much of Obama's legislation without giving it a fair Shake.

Now I wonder if he's going to give the same treatment to his "good old friend" Joe Biden?

27 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Immediately Mitch McConnell said publicly that his goal was to make Obama a one-term president.

He couldn't do that, but he did succeed in blocking much of Obama's legislation without giving it a fair Shake.

Now I wonder if he's going to give the same treatment to his "good old friend" Joe Biden?

You can count on it........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, mr6666 said:

The election case Texas filed in the Supreme Court is an embarrassment
but I'm beginning to think that's the point.

It's a loyalty test.
Everyone who signs on demonstrates they are willing to humiliate themselves for Trump.
<_<

Glad you revived this thread.  I think most of what is being posted on other threads probably belongs in this one.  At least those involving the election and particularly the court cases.

And yes, it is a loyalty test.  Every GOPer elected official who signs on to the court cases or supports them has aspirations for reelection or higher office and is doing it to stay in Trump's good graces and the good graces of the people who support Trumpism.  They are cowards.

The other GOPers who do not call them out and publicly state that the cases are frivolous, without merit and a danger to American democracy are enablers.  Same for not admitting that Biden won the election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found the below which lists the US House members who signed the amicus brief.  Ironically several are from the states being sued.  In S.C., 5 of 7 representatives signed it.  One rep. is Dem until Jan. and other not signing is James Clyburn, (D).   Other GOPer Republicans at all levels are either adding their names or saying they did sign, but names were excluded from the document.  ☹️

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-election-republicans-trump/2020/12/10/2cba806e-3b43-11eb-9276-ae0ca72729be_story.html

The Electoral College process.  Heard a description of how the Republicans and Trump will have another shot at undermining the election no matter what Supreme Court does.

Dec. 14  the Electoral College votes.  Dec. 23  President of the Senate (Mike Pence) receives the electoral vote certificates.

Jan 6, NEW Congress meets in joint session and counts the EC votes.  Any objections must be by at least one Senate and one House member.  The two chambers separately consider the objection(s), if any.  If the chambers disagree on the objections, then the votes by the electors certified by the state governor(s) are accepted.  This mainly is to deal with more than one slate of electors from a state or states.

Not sure how the GOPers intend to try and get Trump reelected in this process, but as a minimum it is another way to further confuse the election, bring doubt upon it and delay Biden/Harris being recognized as the winners.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/07/biden-won-what-happens-next-presidential-election-over/6204429002/

• Sad 1

GOP in Congress not so crazy after all:  pass budget bill by margin that cry baby Trump can't veto.

PS:   Lindsey Graham is still crazy and I believe this is now a permanent condition.     I still don't understand the hold Trump has on him.  OK,  he had to support Trump in order to win re-election,  but that is a done deal.    Why Graham wouldn't support this defense bill unless it had the anti-Tech provision Trump wanted is insane.       Graham isn't living in fear so that mean he must really be in love with all-things-Trump.     

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

GOP in Congress not so crazy after all:  pass budget bill by margin that cry baby Trump can't veto.

PS:   Lindsey Graham is still crazy and I believe this is now a permanent condition.     I still don't understand the hold Trump has on him.  OK,  he had to support Trump in order to win re-election,  but that is a done deal.    Why Graham wouldn't support this defense bill unless it had the anti-Tech provision Trump wanted is insane.       Graham isn't living in fear so that mean he must really be in love with all-things-Trump.     

Graham has gone off the deep end for sure.  Up until about the time McCain died, he could be fairly reasonable for a Republican.  Not saying McCain had that much influence, but Graham has certainly deteriorated.

• Thanks 1