Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...


Recommended Posts

Here's the transcript of that voicemail..

Senator Tuberville? Or I should say Coach Tuberville. This is Rudy Giuliani, the president's lawyer. I'm calling you because I want to discuss with you how they're trying to rush this hearing and how we need you, our Republican friends, to try to just slow it down so we can get these legislatures to get more information to you. And I know they're reconvening at 8 tonight, but it …  the only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow—ideally until the end of tomorrow. 

I know McConnell is doing everything he can to rush it, which is kind of a kick in the head because it's one thing to oppose us, it's another thing not to give us a fair opportunity to contest it. And he wants to try to get it down to only three states that we contest. But there are 10 states that we contest, not three. So if you could object to every state and, along with a congressman, get a hearing for every state, I know we would delay you a lot, but it would give us the opportunity to get the legislators who are very, very close to pulling their vote, particularly after what McConnell did today. It angered them, because they have written letters asking that you guys adjourn and send them back the questionable ones and they'll fix them up. 

So, this phone number, I'm available on all night, and it would be an honor to talk to you. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These people have no shame.  After what happened today, they continue to choose to put the country through all of this unnecessary drama, all to satisfy an unhappy egomaniac.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

These people have no shame.  After what happened today, they continue to choose to put the country through all of this unnecessary drama, all to satisfy an unhappy egomaniac.

True,  but these clowns now have little to no power.   E.g.  Tuberville wants some legislation passed or clause inserted into a bill;   No Dem will even take his phone call.  McConnell,  as Senate Minority leader isn't going to place him on any Senate committees.    McConnell now has to work with his old buddy Biden,  as well as former Senator Harris.        

There folks will be marginalized at least 2022.    Then the GOP has 20 seats up for grabs.     This will be the first real test to see what impact Trump-the-clown still has on the GOP. 

 

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

True,  but these clowns now have little to no power.   E.g.  Tuberville wants some legislation passed or clause inserted into a bill;   No Dem will even take his phone call.  McConnell,  as Senate Minority leader isn't going to place him on any Senate committees.    McConnell now has to work with his old buddy Biden,  as well as former Senator Harris.        

There folks will be marginalized at least 2022.    Then the GOP has 20 seats up for grabs.     This will be the first real test to see what impact Trump-the-clown still has on the GOP. 

 

   

I can't see McConnell not putting a sitting senator on any committee, especially one who is going to be there for six years.

What legislation did Tuberville want?  Incidentally, his main "qualification" was that he was the head coach at Auburn University in Alabama.  That and being ultra-conservative.

With a 50/50 divide, McConnell and Schumer will have to negotiate some issues.

The issue for me and others is not whether or not Trump or his influence is gone, but whether or not he has taken the Republican Party in a direction that it will not be able to turn from.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mr6666 said:
 
Hawley’s two biggest home state papers, the KC Star and the St Louis Post-Dispatch, are calling on him to resign.
 
Remarkable.
:huh:

Of course this traitor and punk will not resign,  but McConnel will marginalize him and most other Senators will ignore him.

In 2024 he will be challenged in the GOP primary with the backing of the RNC.     

Face it clown,  your political career is over!!!     

See more and more good news each and every hour.

PS:  On January 7, Simon & Schuster canceled the publication of Hawley's upcoming book The Tyranny of Big Tech, saying the company "cannot support Senator Hawley after his role in what became a dangerous threat."[94]

This clown will have to write the book himself on used toilet paper! 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:)

-Bam .......Right to the EGO 

;)

That's too narrow.  If any state or local project receives any Federal funding or grants, no part of that project should be named for him.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:)

-Bam .......Right to the EGO 

;)

I would say ban it from all Federal buildings, facilities, vessels and everything.  Ban it from all state and local projects receiving any Federal funding.  Make sure nothing can be named for him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, ElCid said:

I doubt she is either disappointed or troubled.  Embarrassed maybe because this will be the most significant quote of her career.  Just elected to another six year term as a REPUBLICAN.

If I was Susan Collins I  would try to get ahead of this horrible quote and legacy and come out and say what a grave mistake it was to say that.  It is just going to dog her otherwise.  They will be playing it as part of her obituary.

BUT most of these people are so arrogant so I doubt she will do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

If I was Susan Collins I  would try to get ahead of this horrible quote and legacy and come out and say what a grave mistake it was to say that.  It is just going to dog her otherwise.  They will be playing it as part of her obituary.

BUT most of these people are so arrogant so I doubt she will do it.

True.  Graham, Cruz and Rubio were very critical of Trump before his election in 2016.  But because of his success in attracting worshippers, they all hang on him hoping some of it rubs off on them.   Trump didn't improve his character over 4 years.  If anything, it worsened.  But yet, here you have their previous assessment, which, by and large, is a 180 from their current opinion, Graham's recent attempt at distancing, notwithstanding. 

Cruz quotes:

“utterly amoral,” a “serial philanderer” and “a narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.” 

“This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”

Graham quotes:

“He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. … He’s the ISIL man of the year.”

Rubio quotes:

We’re on the verge of having someone take over the conservative movement who is a con artist

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

True.  Graham, Cruz and Rubio were very critical of Trump before his election in 2016.  But because of his success in attracting worshippers, they all hang on him hoping some of it rubs off on them.   Trump didn't improve his character over 4 years.  If anything, it worsened.  But yet, here you have their previous assessment, which, by and large, is a 180 from their current opinion, Graham's recent attempt at distancing, notwithstanding. 

Cruz quotes:

“utterly amoral,” a “serial philanderer” and “a narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.” 

“This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”

Graham quotes:

“He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. … He’s the ISIL man of the year.”

Rubio quotes:

We’re on the verge of having someone take over the conservative movement who is a con artist

 

giphy.gif

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

True.  Graham, Cruz and Rubio were very critical of Trump before his election in 2016.  But because of his success in attracting worshippers, they all hang on him hoping some of it rubs off on them.   Trump didn't improve his character over 4 years.  If anything, it worsened.  But yet, here you have their previous assessment, which, by and large, is a 180 from their current opinion, Graham's recent attempt at distancing, notwithstanding. 

Cruz quotes:

“utterly amoral,” a “serial philanderer” and “a narcissist at a level that I don’t think this country has ever seen.” 

“This man is a pathological liar. He doesn’t know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth.”

Graham quotes:

“He’s a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot. He doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. … He’s the ISIL man of the year.”

Rubio quotes:

We’re on the verge of having someone take over the conservative movement who is a con artist

 

And on the would you believe it front?

 vice president Mike Pence might not show up for Joe Biden's inauguration--

he seems to be constantly changing his mind😆--

But another prominent Republican has definitely said he will be there:

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan--

 Definitely a blast from the past.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

And on the would you believe it front?

 vice president Mike Pence might not show up for Joe Biden's inauguration--

he seems to be constantly changing his mind😆--

But another prominent Republican has definitely said he will be there:

Former Speaker of the House Paul Ryan--

 Definitely a blast from the past.

 

 

Last I read Pence will show-up at the inauguration.    He knows were the winds are blowing now.     As for Paul Ryan:   My gut tells me he will make a run for the President in 2024.     He is one of the only Republicans with name-recognition that doesn't have fully soiled hands,  in that he left office because he knew what Trump was doing to the nation as well as the GOP.    (Mitt Romney being #1 in this regard,  but I don't think he will try to run again but instead will campaign for his V.P. running mate).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth takes a closer look at the Republicans who incited the violent insurrection at the Capitol

telling everyone it's "time to move on" after House Democrats unveiled a text of impeachment 

calling for the removal of President Trump through the 25th Amendment.

<_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, mr6666 said:

isn't it 1st step in AA.............ADMITTING you're an Alcoholic??????

:unsure:

I'm old enough to remember practically ALL of the GOP calling for Hillary Clinton to be locked up because she used her own email server.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...