Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...


Recommended Posts

Here in CA it is Diana Feinstein in the hot seat,   since many Dems in CA leadership positions, such as Governor Newsom,  are asking for Feinstein to resign.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 3:46 PM, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:

I understand Mike Pence has the same problem.  Appears some are creating organizations, websites, etc. to remain relevant and also to raise money.

I imagine many corporations not only think the Trump cabinet members and others are tainted by Trumpism, but they fear they will remain too loyal to Trump rather than the corporation that employees them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I understand Mike Pence has the same problem.  Appears some are creating organizations, websites, etc. to remain relevant and also to raise money.

I imagine many corporations not only think the Trump cabinet members and others are tainted by Trumpism, but they fear they will remain too loyal to Trump rather than the corporation that employees them.

I don't think corporations not hiring them has anything to do with the reasons you mention;  instead my POV is that they are protecting their bottom line.    As we see with the various pushback from corporations about the Georgia voting bill (or anti-voting bill),   many corporations have decided to take a side.     Why risk a boycott or some other action by hiring anyone that was highly associated with Trump like a Trump cabinet member.

Note that book publishers are refusing to sign book deals with Trump associates for the same reason.    In both cases these companies can decline association,  behind-closed-doors,  and thus their actions (or lack of) can be done without fear of a Trump supporter \ GOPer counter boycott.      Thus their bottom line is safe from either a left driven or right driven boycott.   

That isn't the case with the action MLB or Coke took with the Georgia law;    Only time will tell what the economic fallout will be by taking a side.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't think corporations not hiring them has anything to do with the reasons you mention;  instead my POV is that they are protecting their bottom line.    As we see with the various pushback from corporations about the Georgia voting bill (or anti-voting bill),   many corporations have decided to take a side.     Why risk a boycott or some other action by hiring anyone that was highly associated with Trump like a Trump cabinet member.

Note that book publishers are refusing to sign book deals with Trump associates for the same reason.    In both cases these companies can decline association,  behind-closed-doors,  and thus their actions (or lack of) can be done without fear of a Trump supporter \ GOPer counter boycott.      Thus their bottom line is safe from either a left driven or right driven boycott.   

That isn't the case with the action MLB or Coke took with the Georgia law;    Only time will tell what the economic fallout will be by taking a side.

 

I disagree and stand by my original comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I disagree and stand by my original comment.

Ok, I get that;  but I'm curious what you meant by " but they fear they will remain too loyal to Trump rather than the corporation that employees them.",  since maybe we are saying mostly the same thing here;    

If an example of "too loyal to Trump" you meant they might make media statements similar to what the Goya President made,   that supports the point I was making;   why should a corporation hire someone that might do that and risk a boycott from the left and if the corporation fires the person,   a boycott from the right.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

 

Everyone here except the Native Americans are either immigrants of descendants of immigrants.  Some speculation that even the Native American ancestors immigrated to American continent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
z8InKK69_normal.jpg
 
The Michigan GOPer who criticized Trump then caught Covid after being summoned to a meeting of maskless Trump loyalists has been ousted from his party position, Detroit News reports: https://bit.ly/2QT04FV I wrote about @jawwatts's backstory here. Today's GOP in a nutshell:
Quote Tweet
 
 
z8InKK69_mini.jpg
 
Greg Sargent
 
@ThePlumLineGS
· Apr 15
A Michigan Republican dared to criticize Trump. He faced blowback from local Trump loyalists. He went to a meeting with them to defend himself. Very few were wearing masks. He then tested positive for Covid. It's the perfect story of our times: https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/04/15/jason-watts-michigan-covid-trump/
Show this thread
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 12:16 PM, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, another Michigan right-winger caught with his hypocrisy exposed.   :D

Sepiatone(another "tired of 'em all" Michigander)  

My take was that it was a moderate Republican who dared to criticize Trump who was going to be ousted by his own party.  He tried to defend himself against the Trumpsters and was rewarded by getting covid-19 from them.  The moral being if you fly with the crows or try to reason with them and you do so at your won peril.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bogie56 said:

My take was that it was a moderate Republican who dared to criticize Trump who was going to be ousted by his own party.  He tried to defend himself against the Trumpsters and was rewarded by getting covid-19 from them.  The moral being if you fly with the crows or try to reason with them and you do so at your won peril.

Why didn't HE wear a mask then?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bogie56 said:
 
 
 
3yOFIDv8_mini.jpg
 
Christian Vanderbrouk
 
@UrbanAchievr
· 2h
Imagine living like this.
 
 
Image

Get sick and DIE then!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...