Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:unsure:

Kristol's opinion is much closer to the truth.  The Republican Party is not on its last legs nor is there any reason to think it will change from its current course.  It was successful in 2010, 2016 and 2020 with the same policies it has now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

'The GOP is broken. It's time for a resistance': More than 100 Republicans - led by 'Anonymous' Trump critic - sign letter threatening to form third party unless it breaks with former President

• The letter, titled 'A Call For American Renewal,' is set to be published Thursday
  • Signatures include governors, ambassadors, and Republican Party chairmen
  • Demands party returns to a rational party, supports free minds, markets, people
  • Comes as Republicans ousted Liz Cheney from leadership Wednesday 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9570469/Over-100-leading-Republicans-threaten-split-GOP-unless-moves-away-Donald-Trump.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

:huh:

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

'The GOP is broken. It's time for a resistance': More than 100 Republicans - led by 'Anonymous' Trump critic - sign letter threatening to form third party unless it breaks with former President

• The letter, titled 'A Call For American Renewal,' is set to be published Thursday
  • Signatures include governors, ambassadors, and Republican Party chairmen
  • Demands party returns to a rational party, supports free minds, markets, people
  • Comes as Republicans ousted Liz Cheney from leadership Wednesday 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9570469/Over-100-leading-Republicans-threaten-split-GOP-unless-moves-away-Donald-Trump.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

• Like 1

All of the above is interesting, but I do not foresee any significant changes in the Republican Party in the near future.  They know their base and what their base wants.  They know the voters in their states and districts and what they want.

A third party will have little to no influence on outcomes.  The Democratic Party is so far to the left that it will not appeal to any moderate Republicans, corporations, evangelicals and the other supporters of GOP.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ElCid said:

All of the above is interesting, but I do not foresee any significant changes in the Republican Party in the near future.  They know their base and what their base wants.  They know the voters in their states and districts and what they want.

A third party will have little to no influence on outcomes.  The Democratic Party is so far to the left that it will not appeal to any moderate Republicans, corporations, evangelicals and the other supporters of GOP.

Well we each have our opinions and this is just that an opinion ... the democratic party has not moved "so far to the left."  It is pretty well stuck in the middle but just looks left because the right is moving swiftly to the EXTREME right.

By contrast Canada's CONSERVATIVE party would be deemed Communist by these silly standards.

There is no need to argue this point as it is just my OPINION.  Okay.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

Well we each have our opinions and this is just that an opinion ... the democratic party has not moved "so far to the left."  It is pretty well stuck in the middle but just looks left because the right is moving swiftly to the EXTREME right.

By contrast Canada's CONSERVATIVE party would be deemed Communist by these silly standards.

There is no need to argue this point as it is just my OPINION.  Okay.

As an American citizen who has studied American history and politics for decades, there is much to support my opinion.

My point, which I may not have made clear, is that a third party will fail and will draw very few GOP voters and supporters away from the current party.   It would might draw moderates away from running in GOP primaries, leaving the field to only far-right extremists.  In the general elections, the voters who tend to support GOP would vote for whoever represents the GOP and very few would vote for the third party candidate.   Another "moderate" GOP candidate might also split the moderate vote so that the Dem candidate had even less of a chance.

The Democrat Party in AMERICA has moved to the left and is perceived to have moved to the far left by many voters.  The GOP has been successful by appealing to moderates and conservatives while keeping their base.  Very few of those moderates would choose to vote for a Democrat or even a Third Party "Republican."

Once again, the Republican Party won the 2020 election, except for Trump and a few others where Trump interfered  in the
races.   They were successful because the majority of voters perceived the Democratic Party as being too liberal, too far left , etc.  Or that it does not represent their interests.

Not my opinion, political and historic fact.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

As an American citizen who has studied American history and politics for decades, there is much to support my opinion.

My point, which I may not have made clear, is that a third party will fail and will draw very few GOP voters and supporters away from the current party.   It would might draw moderates away from running in GOP primaries, leaving the field to only far-right extremists.  In the general elections, the voters who tend to support GOP would vote for whoever represents the GOP and very few would vote for the third party candidate.   Another "moderate" GOP candidate might also split the moderate vote so that the Dem candidate had even less of a chance.

The Democrat Party in AMERICA has moved to the left and is perceived to have moved to the far left by many voters.  The GOP has been successful by appealing to moderates and conservatives while keeping their base.  Very few of those moderates would choose to vote for a Democrat or even a Third Party "Republican."

Once again, the Republican Party won the 2020 election, except for Trump and a few others where Trump interfered  in the
races.   They were successful because the majority of voters perceived the Democratic Party as being too liberal, too far left , etc.  Or that it does not represent their interests.

Not my opinion, political and historic fact.

I don't dispute any of this.  Only it is my opinion that in REAL terms the Democrats have not moved far to the left at all.  They are certainly not to the left of FDR and that is going on a century ago now.  This is just pure Republican messaging.  And from a party that is becoming far right extremists, a cult that no longer believes in the principles of democracy.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I don't dispute any of this.  Only it is my opinion that in REAL terms the Democrats have not moved far to the left at all.  They are certainly not to the left of FDR and that is going on a century ago now.  This is just pure Republican messaging.  And from a party that is becoming far right extremists, a cult that no longer believes in the principles of democracy.

Depends on your interpretation of "Far Left."  Compared to how far GOPers have moved to the Far Right; no Dems are not on far left.

However, they are farther to the left than they were in the past and are in fact to the left of FDR.  In addition, many of the proposals being made and debated by Dems are far left and that "taints" the party as far as voters are concerned.  That's why Republicans keep winning and control more state governments.

While it is good for Republican messaging, it is also already perceived by huge numbers of voters even without the GOPers saying anything.

The huge number of voters who believe in capitalism as it exists in US, the primacy of business people determining what is best for economy and that government regulation is a bad thing (except for abortion and religious "rights").  Add in those middle class and working class voters who believe more government is bad for them financially and of no benefit to them.  Then add the truly wealthy, corporations, gun nuts and so on and you have a lot of people who will vote Republican.

What I am saying is that the GOPers are becoming more extreme and a cult, BUT that does not mean that a huge number of voters will accept all that as long as their perceived needs and wants are taken care of.  And they perceive that Republicans are far better at that than Democrats.

Screw Congress, this dude should run for President.

Wyoming Republican Anthony Bouchard - who is running to unseat Liz Cheney - made a 14-year old girl pregnant when he was 18 and has a 36-year-old son who has been charged with **** by force and other sex-related felonies

43282785-0-image-m-19_1621617580173.jpg

NEW Republican Wyoming state senator Anthony Bouchard once had a child with a 14-year-old girl and married her once she turned 15, DailyMail.com can reveal. Bouchard married Frances Lynn Webb in September 1984 in Jacksonville, Florida. Bouchard had just turned 19 when he married Webb - she had turned 15 three months earlier which was just three weeks after delivering their son, Tony. The senator has put out a video admitting to it after DailyMail.com asked for his comment, blaming the media for the revelations. The child they had, Tony Bouchard, 36, is currently awaiting trial in California on five sex-related felony charges involving a 51-year-old woman. Bouchard has filed his candidacy to replace controversial U.S. Congresswoman Liz Cheney and has already raised $400,000.

• Haha 1
On 5/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, Bogie56 said:

Screw Congress, this dude should run for President.

Wyoming Republican Anthony Bouchard - who is running to unseat Liz Cheney - made a 14-year old girl pregnant when he was 18 and has a 36-year-old son who has been charged with **** by force and other sex-related felonies

43282785-0-image-m-19_1621617580173.jpg

NEW Republican Wyoming state senator Anthony Bouchard once had a child with a 14-year-old girl and married her once she turned 15, DailyMail.com can reveal. Bouchard married Frances Lynn Webb in September 1984 in Jacksonville, Florida. Bouchard had just turned 19 when he married Webb - she had turned 15 three months earlier which was just three weeks after delivering their son, Tony. The senator has put out a video admitting to it after DailyMail.com asked for his comment, blaming the media for the revelations. The child they had, Tony Bouchard, 36, is currently awaiting trial in California on five sex-related felony charges involving a 51-year-old woman. Bouchard has filed his candidacy to replace controversial U.S. Congresswoman Liz Cheney and has already raised $400,000.

This should be someone the Deplorable MAGA Trump base can get behind!!  Seems to have the right Trumpist pedigree and family background.

Veterans slam ‘sedition-loving traitor’ Ted Cruz after he mocks ‘woke, emasculated’ US military

VoteVets calls Cruz ‘sedition-loving traitor’

and Illinois Senator says he shouldn’t go after army who ‘protected him from an insurrection he helped foment’

<_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Greene under fire for comparing mask policy to the Holocaust-

"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) is again finding herself at the center of controversy after she compared House Democrats’ mask policy to the Holocaust. 

Greene raised eyebrows Friday when she called Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) “mentally ill” and compared the House rule on masks to “a time in history when people were told to wear a gold star, and they were definitely treated like second-class citizens, so much so that they were put in trains and taken to gas chambers in Nazi Germany.”

Those comments sparked broad pushback, with critics saying the comparison to the Holocaust was beyond the pale.

“You can never compare health-related restrictions with yellow stars, gas chambers & other Nazi atrocities. Such comparisons demean the Holocaust & contaminate American political speech. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene must immediately retract and apologize,” tweeted the American Jewish Congress..........

“Comparing wearing masks to the abuse of the Holocaust is a not so subtle diminution of the horrors experienced by millions. It’s a grotesque idiocy mixed with a neurotic lack of self awareness. What do you expect from a truther, Q believer, and gaslighting conspiracy theorist?” said former Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.),..........

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/554894-greene-under-fire-for-comparing-mask-policy-to-the-holocaust-a-neurotic-lack

• Sad 2

So if Trump wants to oppose Liz Cheney in a primary I guess that means he is going to have to get behind and endorse Anthony Bouchard.  :lol:

• Haha 1