Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

Under Cover of Graham-Cassidy, Senate GOP Moving to Gut Major CFPB Rule-

"Republican leaders are whipping to secure the votes to overturn a rule CFPB finalized in July, which would protect financial companies from class-action lawsuits and deny consumers a day in court. The rule is among the most consequential actions the CFPB has taken since its founding.

An added wrinkle here: executives for both Wells Fargo and Equifax, both accused of ripping off millions of consumers, will testify in Senate committees next week. Both companies have used arbitration clauses in an attempt to deny consumers access to the courts...

The CFPB’s rule bars consumer financial contracts from including clauses that force disputes into an arbitration proceeding, instead of allowing customers to join together with others in a class-action lawsuit. Critics say this gives financial institutions a license to rip people off, confident that only a maniac would go through years of costly arbitration to recover an erroneous $30 charge. “That is exactly what the banks are counting on…

Class-action lawsuits provide incentives for banks to play fair, as the risk of a large payout to millions of customers for systemic violations looms as a penalty. Without that fear, banks and other financial players are free to screw over customers for small amounts many times over, knowing they can get away with it. .......

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/25/under-cover-of-graham-cassidy-senate-gop-moving-to-gut-major-cfpb-rule/

• Like 1

Under Cover of Graham-Cassidy, Senate GOP Moving to Gut Major CFPB Rule-

"Republican leaders are whipping to secure the votes to overturn a rule CFPB finalized in July, which would protect financial companies from class-action lawsuits and deny consumers a day in court. The rule is among the most consequential actions the CFPB has taken since its founding.

An added wrinkle here: executives for both Wells Fargo and Equifax, both accused of ripping off millions of consumers, will testify in Senate committees next week. Both companies have used arbitration clauses in an attempt to deny consumers access to the courts...

The CFPB’s rule bars consumer financial contracts from including clauses that force disputes into an arbitration proceeding, instead of allowing customers to join together with others in a class-action lawsuit. Critics say this gives financial institutions a license to rip people off, confident that only a maniac would go through years of costly arbitration to recover an erroneous $30 charge. “That is exactly what the banks are counting on…

Class-action lawsuits provide incentives for banks to play fair, as the risk of a large payout to millions of customers for systemic violations looms as a penalty. Without that fear, banks and other financial players are free to screw over customers for small amounts many times over, knowing they can get away with it. .......

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/25/under-cover-of-graham-cassidy-senate-gop-moving-to-gut-major-cfpb-rule/

yeah, the average american is just chomping at the bit to throw tens of thousands of dollars away to procure legal representation that will be expended after just an hour on the first court day. :lol:

most americans are smarter than that. :P

yeah, the average american is just chomping at the bit to throw tens of thousands of dollars away to procure legal representation that will be expended after just an hour on the first court day. :lol:

most americans are smarter than that. :P

This is an example of Trump's "accomplishments" since taking power, removing those pesky regulations stifling business from unfettered capitalism, at the expense of the average American. You fell for Dotard's line that he would help the average American. NOT! He will allow his cronies and himself to help themselves to all they can. This is who and what you sent to office. OWN IT!

• Like 4

Lindsey Graham on Obamacare Repeal: I Had No Idea What I Was Doing-

.........“You’ve been working to overhaul this for seven years. Why is this so hard?” she asked.

“Well, I’ve been doing it for about a month. I thought everybody else knew what the hell they were talking about, but apparently not,” Graham clarified, adding he had assumed “these really smart people will figure it out.”.......

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/27/lindsey-graham-on-obamacare-repeal-i-had-no-idea-what-i-was-doing/

:blink:

• Like 2

.........“You’ve been working to overhaul this for seven years. Why is this so hard?” she asked.

“Well, I’ve been doing it for about a month. I thought everybody else knew what the hell they were talking about, but apparently not,” Graham clarified, adding he had assumed “these really smart people will figure it out.”.......

https://theintercept.com/2017/09/27/lindsey-graham-on-obamacare-repeal-i-had-no-idea-what-i-was-doing/

Play acting an attempt to repeal to get some money from the Koch Brothers.

The next time the Republicans need to hire some professional actors and script writers from Hollywood. They still wouldn't get the repeal, but it would be much more entertaining and easier to look at.

• Like 3

Priceless. You just can't make this stuff up. :lol:

• Like 4

Let’s Stop the GOP’s Biggest Grift of All-

"Republican leadership isn’t subtle with their looting of the public treasury these days.

Last Friday, Trump’s secretary of Health and Human Services, Tom Price, resigned for sticking the public with a more than $1 million bill for his personal use of private charter and military planes.

This bit of malfeasance surprised no one. Price’s brazen trading of drug corporation stocks while pushing legislation on their behalf as a congressman should have derailed his confirmation.

It didn’t.

Yet Price is far from alone. Plenty of other Trump administration officials, not least Trump himself, have been lining their pockets with perks — if not cash outright. It now seems that more government appointees have been riding high on the public dime:.....

This abuse of the public’s trust — and resources — is outrageous and enraging, but pretty skimpy compared to the right’s years-long raiding and dismantling of public services to the benefit of private profiteers.

This long grift now culminates in the tax and budget plans GOP lawmakers want to rush through Congress.

These plans amount to a corporate and billionaire-class plunder of our public resources — and the services they fund: health care, education, housing and our basic infrastructure.

Here’s a little more about what’s in the GOP’s tax and budget plans, and how to stop this raiding of the public’s treasury and trust, just like we’ve blocked three bills to repeal health care.......

http://billmoyers.com/story/republican-tax-plan-corporate-benefit/

45]tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpgThe HillVerified account @thehill

More

NEW: GOP fears Bannon's attacks against sitting Republicans could cost them the Senate http://hill.cm/9nBcxK2

600.jpg

With all of the filth that Bannon's Breitbart had been throwing at the GOP establishment for some time, it was very stupid of them to support trump, all along knowing that Bannon was his sidekick.

Unlike trump, Bannon has been very honest about his motivation and goals --to deconstruct the federal government and to destroy the Republican Party establishment.

Knowing all this--those Republicans in charge went ahead and stood behind trump and endorsed his presidency anyway.

It was no mistake that the Emeritus Republicans: The Bush Family, Romney, and numerous prominent conservative voices, such as Georgia Will, Bill Kristol and David Brooks, all refused to endorse Trump and wholeheartedly denounced him.

I don't know if the Republican Party can survive this Trump presidency. So far they've got nothing out of it that they were seeking.

It's Civil War for them now and the establishment at the moment isn't doing so well. It'll be left up to their rank-and-file voters to decide whether or not the Bannon strategy will be successful.

Senator Corker's demeaningly realistic comments concerning trump, along with the acquiescence of other silent Republican Senators, can't be ignored or stuffed back into a Pandora's Box. By attacking Corker, trump unwittingly has Unleashed a set of events that he will not have any control over.

This death wish or suicide pact among the Republicans makes the Democratic Party "look" not only well-organized and cohesive, but like the future leaders for the next decade of election cycles.

• Like 1

Most of these Republicans are too scared to say anything.  They may complain in private but we'll see if they speak out.  Corker feels emboldened because he's not running for re-election.  This reminds me of the Joe McCarthy era.  Most of them value being in office over what's good for the country.

This presents a good opportunity for Democrats and makes me wonder, "How are we going to blow it this time?"

:huh:

• Like 4

Most of these Republicans are too scared to say anything.  

you mean like the hollywood celebs and weinerstein?

article-2540727-1A72550500000578-695_634

Most of these Republicans are too scared to say anything.  They may complain in private but we'll see if they speak out.  Corker feels emboldened because he's not running for re-election.  This reminds me of the Joe McCarthy era.  Most of them value being in office over what's good for the country.

This presents a good opportunity for Democrats and makes me wonder, "How are we going to blow it this time?"

This is how, nominating some whimpy **** namby, pamby, typical progressive to run against Trump isn't going to cut it. 

It's gonna take a Dog to eat a Dog, somebody who can be even a bigger JO than the Pres.

People like Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, aren't afraid to speak their minds, and are media savvy, a regular politician would be disaster. You need somebody who can call the **** **** in Chief a **** **** right to his face on prime time TV in a debate. A "Hard Liberal."

This could be a lot of fun. I don't think you are not going to be able to run a dignified minority or a PC woman against him and win, it's a whole new ballgame. 

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited For Language
  • Like 2

This is how, nominating some whimpy **** namby, pamby, typical progressive to run against Trump isn't going to cut it. 

It's gonna take a Dog to eat a Dog, somebody who can be even a bigger JO than the Pres.

People like Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, aren't afraid to speak their minds, and are media savvy, a regular politician would be disaster. You need somebody who can call the **** **** in Chief a **** **** right to his face on prime time TV in a debate. A "Hard Liberal."

This could be a lot of fun. I don't think you are not going to be able to run a dignified minority or a PC woman against him and win, it's a whole new ballgame. 

Could be right, but I don't think so.  The problem is that the Dems have to win in the municipal, county, school district and state legislatures that they have overwhelmingly lost to the GOP.  Add in the governorships, other statewide offices and US offices.

Being a "hard liberal" is a guarantee to lose those races.

Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann have never held elective office.  You have to appeal to a majority of the people who show up to vote.  Calling Trump or other Republicans names won't win that because the people who like name calling, platform fights, virulent TV attack ads, etc. are the ones who vote Republican and always will.

Look at the 2016 election map - it's mostly red between the two coasts.  Being a "hard liberal" won't win those states back.

Look at the governorships and state legislatures - huge majority are red.  Being a "hard liberal" won't win those states back.

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited Quote For Language
  • Like 1

Bannon looks downright syphilitic.

I never thought I'd say it, but Keith Richards has got some competition from Steve Bannon in the

"I'm afraid that I might catch it even if I just sat far across from you in the same room " category.

May the grossest-looking man win.

• Like 1

Could be right, but I don't think so.  The problem is that the Dems have to win in the municipal, county, school district and state legislatures that they have overwhelmingly lost to the GOP.  Add in the governorships, other statewide offices and US offices.

Being a "hard liberal" is a guarantee to lose those races.

Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann have never held elective office.  You have to appeal to a majority of the people who show up to vote.  Calling Trump or other Republicans names won't win that because the people who like name calling, platform fights, virulent TV attack ads, etc. are the ones who vote Republican and always will.

Look at the 2016 election map - it's mostly red between the two coasts.  Being a "hard liberal" won't win those states back.

Look at the governorships and state legislatures - huge majority are red.  Being a "hard liberal" won't win those states back.

We'll see what happens with the Supreme Court decision on Gerrymandering. Anything can happen.

And by the way, a better way to look at 2016 cartogram by population of the 2016 election. Then flip Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, back to Democrat then the blue gets pretty big,

stateelec1024.png

Dems are going to need somebody pragmatic and win back some of these voters who went for Trump.  Appeal to people on economic issues and other issues where there's a general consensus..  Dems have to do more than just call out Trump; they must present alternatives and a reason for voting for them.  I don't want a milquetoast but I don't want a pit bull either.  I want someone in between.  I want somebody with a heart and a spine.  Am I asking for too much?

• Like 3

We'll see what happens with the Supreme Court decision on Gerrymandering. Anything can happen.

And by the way, a better way to look at 2016 cartogram by population of the 2016 election. Then flip Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, back to Democrat then the blue gets pretty big,

stateelec1024.png

It's the flipping of those formerly blue states back to red.

Regardless, unless Dems can get a majority in House and Senate, doesn't matter much who is in White House.  And that starts in the state legislatures.

The gerrymandering case will be a 5-4 decision.  Kennedy will be the deciding vote and last time reluctantly voted in favor of permitting gerrymandering.

Dems are going to need somebody pragmatic and win back some of these voters who went for Trump.  Appeal to people on economic issues and other issues where there's a general consensus..  Dems have to do more than just call out Trump; they must present alternatives and a reason for voting for them.  I don't want a milquetoast but I don't want a pit bull either.  I want someone in between.  I want somebody with a heart and a spine.  Am I asking for too much?

a heart, some spine & (hopefully) a BRAIN !

;)

• Like 4

Kennedy will be the deciding vote and last time reluctantly voted in favor of permitting gerrymandering.

And the result, gridlocked government that doesn't work, bravo.

This is how, nominating some whimpy **** namby, pamby, typical progressive to run against Trump isn't going to cut it. 

People like Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, aren't afraid to speak their minds, and are media savvy, a regular politician would be disaster. You need somebody who can call the **** **** in Chief a **** **** right to his face on prime time TV in a debate. A "Hard Liberal."

the DNC shoulda known that before running hillary.

their overconfidence gave us our donny in the WH.

:lol:

"for what we are about to receive, we thank thee." -hank worden, the searchers

3139423086_33a2b60f5d1.jpg

a heart, some spine & (hopefully) a BRAIN !

;)

Oh, yes, I thought that went without saying but, in these times we do need to say it.

;)

the DNC shoulda known that before running hillary.

their overconfidence gave us our donny in the WH.

:lol:

Well sure, there was THAT.

AND, they over-ESTIMATED the intelligence of the American electorate.

(...and with your case being a prime example of this, of course)

• Like 3