Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

11 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:
On 11/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, ElCid said:

For reference, Nancy Pelosi holds the previous record for speaking when she was the minority leader.  Spoke on immigration and for 30 minutes less than McCarthy.

Maybe we need a moratorium on having leaders from CA. for a few sessions?

I read that McCarthy was only planning to talk about 45 minutes, but was told to shut up, so he kept talking.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Marysara1 said:

I read that McCarthy was only planning to talk about 45 minutes, but was told to shut up, so he kept talking.

Like some posters here, McCarthy’s “speech” was rambling, disjointed, confusing, all over the map, iow, a senseless waste of time.  AND he has nothing to show for it.

• Like 1

Could probably say about the same for the one Pelosi gave that was 8 hours long.  Haven't heard it, but imagine it was less rambling, disjointed and confusing than McCarthy's .  But still a waste of everybody's time.

They really need to eliminate filibusters - both kinds.  The ones where people speak forever and the ones the senators like so much where they just say they will filibuster a bill and then it goes into cold storage.  Limit each person to 15 minutes and no yielding time to someone else ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
21 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill that would award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle Rittenhouse for 'protecting the community of Kenosha'

50928955-0-image-a-1_1637778030905.jpg

HR6070 intends '[t]o award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle H. Rittenhouse, who protected the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot.'

I hope this bill is voted on.   My guess is that most GOP House members don't wish this bill comes to a vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Marjorie Taylor Greene introduces bill that would award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle Rittenhouse for 'protecting the community of Kenosha'

HR6070 intends '[t]o award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle H. Rittenhouse, who protected the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot.'

But in reality other than killing two people and permanently injuring a third, HOW did he actually protect anything?  He just escalated the situation into a greater conflict.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Just a show boat who knows that outrageous BS will get her air time on Faux News

dN1oQu7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Just a show boat who knows that outrageous BS will get her air time on Faux News

dN1oQu7.jpeg

It will also appeal to the voters in her district and may result in lots of campaign cash being sent her way.

• Sad 2
11 hours ago, ElCid said:

It will also appeal to the voters in her district and may result in lots of campaign cash being sent her way.

Its a shame that being just a fair normal individual person in the middle doesn't get as much attention as the Drama Queens on both sides that get all the attention, we need a 

YAWN or a ZZZZZZzzz  icon.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, cigarjoe said:

Its a shame that being just a fair normal individual person in the middle doesn't get as much attention as the Drama Queens on both sides get all the attention, we need a 

YAWN or a ZZZZZZzzz  icon.

Anyone who votes Democrat can never be concerned normal middle of the road - The Feds are the enemy of the people - anyone who backs MrNA gene therapy as concerned normal vaccine protocol (CDC FDA) aren't normal

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Just now, Cinemartian said:

Anyone who votes Democrat can never be concerned normal middle of the road - The Feds are the enemy of the people - anyone who backs MrNA gene therapy as concerned normal vaccine protocol (CDC FDA) aren't normal

Could use  my YAWN or a ZZZZZZzzz  icon right about now.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Could use  my YAWN or a ZZZZZZzzz  icon right about now.

No it doesn't seem that way to me Cigarman who doesn't smoke cigars

If that was the case you'd have just ignored me - People like me anger you - and I'm glad - look at your life - aren't you happy?

1 minute ago, Cinemartian said:

No it doesn't seem that way to me Cigarman who doesn't smoke cigars

If that was the case you'd have just ignored me - People like me anger you - and I'm glad - look at your life - aren't you happy?

Seek help for your misplaced anger, it will do wonders. What makes you so insecure? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cigarjoe said:

Seek help for your misplaced anger, it will do wonders. What makes you so insecure? 

I'm not the insecure one - I just looked at those cartoons you post - like the one with the paranoid guy watching TV - Those people don't exist - I'm VERY secure in my life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Cinemartian said:

I'm not the insecure one - I just looked at those cartoons you post - like the one with the paranoid guy watching TV - Those people don't exist - I'm VERY secure in my life

Yea, ok, sure you are. We believe you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene insists House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy 'doesn't have full support to be speaker' and GOP is 'unhappy' with him

50990609-0-image-a-98_1637907564056.jpg

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene insists House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy does not have the full support of House Republicans to become Speaker on Rep. Matt Gaetz's podcast.

So, who does have "full support?"  Who is likely to be elected speaker, assuming GOPers win in 2022?

'Saying I'm a suicide bomber is no laughing matter': Ilhan Omar calls on House leadership to take action against Lauren Boebert after the Colorado representative apologized for anti-Muslim joke

Ilhan Omar calls on House leadership to take action against Lauren Boebert after apology

Minnesota Rep Ilhan Omar responded to Colorado Congresswoman Lauren Boebert's apology on Friday to the Muslim community for a joke she told about Omar that became a viral video. 'Saying I am a suicide bomber is no laughing matter,' Omar tweeted Friday. '[GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy] and [Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi] need to take appropriate action, normalizing this bigotry not only endangers my life but the lives of all Muslims. Anti-Muslim bigotry has no place in Congress.' The Congressional Black Caucus also issued a condemnation of Boebert Friday, saying her conduct was 'morally reprehensible and dangerous' and would lead to further death threats on Omar's family.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2