Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

mr6666

11 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:

Nancy Mace (a Trump supporter) barely won her bid to unseat the Democratic Rep. in the Charleston SC area district in 2020.  He was first Dem to win in decades and won in 2018 as part of the nation's revulsion of Trump and Trumpism.  In 2018 the sitting Republican (Mark Sanford) was defeated in a close GOP primary because he was not Trump enough, so the Dems took the seat.  Sanford had held the seat for many years and then served two terms as governor.  Came back and took the seat again.

• Thanks 2

GOP lawmaker slammed for posting insensitive family Christmas photo with ASSAULT RIFLES just DAYS after deadly Michigan high school shooting massacre

GOP lawmaker slammed for family photo with ASSAULT RIFLES just DAYS after deadly school

Critics on social media slammed the photo of Thomas Massie and his family, who were fully armed and in front of a Christmas tree, which he tweeted on Saturday. 'Merry Christmas!,' Massie captioned the photo on Twitter, alongside a Christmas tree emoji. 'PS. (SIC) Santa, please bring ammo,' he added, followed by a gift emoji. Massie's photo, which accrued 31.4K likes, 4,826 retweets and 17.7K quote tweets within five hours of being posted, was criticized as being particularly tone deaf in the wake of yet another deadly high-profile school shooting, where four students were killed and seven people were injured, including a teacher. The tragic school shooting happened on Tuesday at Oxford High School by 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, a student, whose parents James and Jennifer Crumbley were just charged with involuntary manslaughter after giving him access to a gun on Saturday. Shortly after Massie posted the provocative photo, the father of a Parkland, Florida school shooting victim made and appearance on CNN to discuss the Oxford tragedy. Manuel Oliver, whose son Joaquin 'Guac' Oliver was one of 17 students and faculty members murdered at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida back in 2018,

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

GOP lawmaker slammed for posting insensitive family Christmas photo with ASSAULT RIFLES just DAYS after deadly Michigan high school shooting massacre

GOP lawmaker slammed for family photo with ASSAULT RIFLES just DAYS after deadly school

Critics on social media slammed the photo of Thomas Massie and his family, who were fully armed and in front of a Christmas tree, which he tweeted on Saturday. 'Merry Christmas!,' Massie captioned the photo on Twitter, alongside a Christmas tree emoji. 'PS. (SIC) Santa, please bring ammo,' he added, followed by a gift emoji. Massie's photo, which accrued 31.4K likes, 4,826 retweets and 17.7K quote tweets within five hours of being posted, was criticized as being particularly tone deaf in the wake of yet another deadly high-profile school shooting, where four students were killed and seven people were injured, including a teacher. The tragic school shooting happened on Tuesday at Oxford High School by 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, a student, whose parents James and Jennifer Crumbley were just charged with involuntary manslaughter after giving him access to a gun on Saturday. Shortly after Massie posted the provocative photo, the father of a Parkland, Florida school shooting victim made and appearance on CNN to discuss the Oxford tragedy. Manuel Oliver, whose son Joaquin 'Guac' Oliver was one of 17 students and faculty members murdered at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida back in 2018,

Massie represents the Kentucky 4th District.  So this photo will appeal to his base, the NRA and similar.  Which was his intention most likely.

KY 4th had a Cook PVI of +19.  This is new to me, but I cited a wiki description below.  It means that the district is plus 19 in favor of Republicans, so Massie has nothing to worry about with this picture.

My district has a +21 GOP favorability rating and has not elected a Democrat since 1994.  The GOPer always handily defeats any Democrat and the current occupant even shares his political campaign funds with other GOPers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_Partisan_Voting_Index

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I doubt any of the ten Republicans who voted for impeachment will be in the House in 2023.

I second  that prediction:  hopefully some will be replaced by Dems,  if the GOP runs someone that is too far right.

I'll have to review their margin of victory over the Dem in the 2020 election.    Of course some of these, like Cheney,  are not moderate GOPers and thus the GOP will retain the seat,  but others might be in play.

51 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I second  that prediction:  hopefully some will be replaced by Dems,  if the GOP runs someone that is too far right.

I'll have to review their margin of victory over the Dem in the 2020 election.    Of course some of these, like Cheney,  are not moderate GOPers and thus the GOP will retain the seat,  but others might be in play.

Agree would have to look at the margins from last elections.  Heck, I don't even know what states they are all from.  

One factor is how Republican the districts are.  In S.C., there is no too far to the right any longer.   When election time comes around, the GOPer is going to win.  Question is who will win the Republican primary.

One factor is that in too many races today, the Dem candidates come across as pretty liberal.  Which might be how the above 10 got elected in the first place.

7 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Agree would have to look at the margins from last elections.  Heck, I don't even know what states they are all from.  

One factor is how Republican the districts are.  In S.C., there is no too far to the right any longer.   When election time comes around, the GOPer is going to win.  Question is who will win the Republican primary.

One factor is that in too many races today, the Dem candidates come across as pretty liberal.  Which might be how the above 10 got elected in the first place.

Whatever party gets a majority in the House in 2022,  the extent of this majority will determine how much power that party has.

Right now Dems\Pelosi only have a 5 seat margin.    The same 6 (A.O.C. etc..) that voted NO on the BBB bill could have defeated the bill if Pelosi wasn't able to get 13 GOPers to support.

While we are both predicting the GOP to take back the house,  if their margin is < 8 or so,   that could prevent the GOP Speaker (likely to be McCarthy),  from being able to obtain a majority depending on the legislation.        I don't think McCarthy is half the leader Pelosi is when it comes to keeping their members focused on passing legislation, verses playing to the public and building up their campaign funds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

I don't understand where this shows that McConnell is "throwing the far-right House reps under the bus"  whatever that means.

Yes,  a very silly and misleading statement by this anti-Trumper.

McConnell isn't doing anything with regards to the committee.    Now if it had said Liz Cheney,  that would make some sense from a political perspective.

• Like 1

Republican Congressman Madison Cawthorn, 26, and his CrossFit athlete wife to divorce after an eight-month marriage and allegations he sexually harassed more than 30 women: Cites pressure of 'hectic and difficult' job

Rep. Madison Cawthorn is divorcing his wife after eight months of marriage

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (left) and his wife, Cristina Bayardelle Cawthorn, are divorcing after eight months of marriage (right). Cawthorn announced their separation Wednesday in a statement (inset) through his spokesman, citing his job as a Congress member as a factor in their split. He claimed the couple was 'committed to make things work' but quickly realized they were unable to balance his role as a public servant and their marriage. The couple wed in an intimate April ceremony after sharing a whirlwind romance; Bayardelle said she knew he 'was the one' after four months of dating. Their wedding followed an about six-month engagement.

• Haha 1