Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...

mr6666

On 3/16/2022 at 9:02 PM, mr6666 said:

:blink:

Watched this video and while I in no way support Lt. Gov. McGeachin's positions, not so sure this is such a big issue.

People running for or in public office meet with and speak before a wide variety of people and groups.  For those in and running for elective office, being out there and trying to get votes is what counts.  Does this mean they support what others on the stage support?  Not necessarily.

However, the context of this interview is missing a major lead-in.  Where did she speak?  Who organized it?  Was it a particular group sponsoring it?  Did Nick Fuentes organize and sponsor the event?  Did he invite her to speak?

I did look up Fuentes and she should not have spoken IF he was directly involved or sponsored the event.

But, America forces politicians to troll for votes and money and it leads to just this type mistake on the part of many.

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

However, the context of this interview is missing a major lead-in.  Where did she speak?  Who organized it?  Was it a particular group sponsoring it?  Did Nick Fuentes organize and sponsor the event?  Did he invite her to speak?

I did look up Fuentes and she should not have spoken IF he was directly involved or sponsored the event.

But, America forces politicians to troll for votes and money and it leads to just this type mistake on the part of many.

Perhaps it was expected that viewers would be familiar with Fuentes and his organization prior to viewing, as it has been in the political news for a while now, particularly recently when MTG also spoke at the event and was subsequently grilled about it. She used the same excuses, that she was unaware of Fuentes or his organization that was the organizer of the event, or his views, or that those in attendance would most likely be in agreement with said views, or else why would they be in attendance. 

Either they and their associates were too stupid to do the bare minimum research before agreeing to appear, or they did and didn't care, as long as they get votes from anyone. If the former, then it reflects poorly on them; if the latter, then it reflects poorly on them, with the pall of claiming to be clueless dupes added to the naked cynicism and opportunism. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ElCid said:

Not sure what you mean by "this type of mistake" since to me the issue here is if the politician believes they made a mistake or not and it appears that  McGeachin doesn't believe she or her campaign staff made a mistake.      Larry covers the two options related to a "mistake".     I find it hard to believe her campaign staff could be so clueless  as to not know who organized the event and the leadership behind said event.        But if that is true,  I can see why she wouldn't own up to that.

If the campaign staff knew-all-about-this-event and had her go since these type of folks are a core part of her base,   I can see why she wouldn't own up to that as well.

18 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Not sure what you mean by "this type of mistake" since to me the issue here is if the politician believes they made a mistake or not and it appears that  McGeachin doesn't believe she or her campaign staff made a mistake.      Larry covers the two options related to a "mistake".     I find it hard to believe her campaign staff could be so clueless  as to not know who organized the event and the leadership behind said event.        But if that is true,  I can see why she wouldn't own up to that.

If the campaign staff knew-all-about-this-event and had her go since these type of folks are a core part of her base,   I can see why she wouldn't own up to that as well.

Welcome to American politics in the 21st Century.

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

-_-

Amazing at the number of nut jobs elected to public office in America - and the the US Senate from a Northern state no less.

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

It is no longer the party of Reagan.  Probably John McCain was the last member of the real Republican Party.  The takeover by the extreme right was accelerated by the party's takeover by Trump and the Trumpists.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Can someone convicted for Federal felonies run for Federal office?     

Yes.  It's happened before, not too long ago.  Ted Stevens, Alaskan Senator, ran for re-election in 2008 after being convicted of corruption.  He lost (barely).  The trial concluded just prior to the election.

There's nothing in the Constitution regarding this matter.  The House and Senate can vote to remove a member, though, if a convicted felon gets elected, under their procedural rules.  

https://www.factcheck.org/2008/11/felons-in-office/

If it's for President, there's nothing to stop a felon from running and winning...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

:blink:

Utah's governor tweeted out the stats on the number of transgender kids in Utah HS sports, as justification for vetoing the recent bill there.  

75,000 HS kids in Utah participate in sports

4 are transgender

1 transgender student is playing girls sports

86% of transgender youth reporting suicidal tendencies

56% of transgender youth have attempted suicide

I don't fully understand the transgendered issues, but it does seem like these laws being passed are solving essentially a non-problem.   If it is a problem, let the sports associations (every state has them) sort it out.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Utah's governor tweeted out the stats on the number of transgender kids in Utah HS sports, as justification for vetoing the recent bill there.  

75,000 HS kids in Utah participate in sports

4 are transgender

1 transgender student is playing girls sports

86% of transgender youth reporting suicidal tendencies

56% of transgender youth have attempted suicide

I don't fully understand the transgendered issues, but it does seem like these laws being passed are solving essentially a non-problem.   If it is a problem, let the sports associations (every state has them) sort it out.

First, I support transgender rights, but I am opposed to anyone born as a male participating in athletics as a girl.  It is unfair to girls.

If opened up, there will be many more "transgenders" playing as girls simply because they can out perform girls.  Then, the coaches will realize what is happening and they will begin to recruit transgenders.

Incidentally, that one transgender playing a girls sport has denied a girl that opportunity.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere and to me sports is it.

1 hour ago, ElCid said:

First, I support transgender rights, but I am opposed to anyone born as a male participating in athletics as a girl.  It is unfair to girls.

If opened up, there will be many more "transgenders" playing as girls simply because they can out perform girls.  Then, the coaches will realize what is happening and they will begin to recruit transgenders.

Incidentally, that one transgender playing a girls sport has denied a girl that opportunity.

Sorry, but you have to draw the line somewhere and to me sports is it.

Not disagreeing.  I just think it's a matter for, in this case, the Utah High School Activities Association, which governs high school sports there, rather than the Utah legislature.   

• Like 2