Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mr6666

GOP madness Unbound...

"Those whom God wishes to destroy, he first makes mad."

I take it God meant that in the British manner of the word, eh CJ?! As in "crazy", right?!

'Cause that man-child-in-chief we Americans are stuck with at the moment with his constant lashing out at people who he thinks have somehow done him wrong, sure as hell has ALREADY come across as being one inconsolably angry SOB since day one of his presidency.

(...just questioning if I was reading this quote correctly here, that's all) 

;)

a heart, some spine & (hopefully) a BRAIN !

;)

Sorry, Obama can't run again.

I take it God meant that in the British manner of the word, eh CJ?! As in "crazy", right?!

'Cause that man-child-in-chief we Americans are stuck with at the moment with his constant lashing out at people who he thinks have somehow done him wrong, sure as hell has ALREADY come across as being one inconsolably angry SOB since day one of his presidency.

Donald-Trump_3372655b.jpg

"Me? Angry? What makes you say that, you ****!?!"

"But then there's a lot of angry **** out there. That's why I am where I am!"

• Like 2

Boy, is THAT ever true, Tom! Yep, just ask some of the big Trump supporters around here about that.

Yep, THEY'LL tell ya that they were SO mad(in the American sense of the word, and as in "angry") that even THOUGH they really knew that the SOB pictured above wasn't actually QUALIFIED in any manner at all to BE the President, that FACT didn't matter to them to any degree enough for them sit down and calmly examine the choice they had in the last election.

Aaah, and now this reminds me of something my dearly departed father used to tell me when I was kid: "Always remember son, when people are mad and out of sorts, they very often will make some very ill-advised decisions while in that frame of mind."

(...good ol' Pop...one of the most level-headed and fair-minded men I think I've ever known)

• Like 4

OOPS...sorry, double post.

But HEY, maybe what Pop told me back then was worth repeating.

(...and even though his wise message would never in a million years seep into the brains of those "angry" Trump supporter around here)

Edited by Dargo

Aaah, and now this reminds me of something my dearly departed father used to tell me when I was kid: "Always remember son, when people are mad and out of sorts, they very often will make some very ill-advised decisions while in that frame of mind."

(...good ol' Pop...one of the most level-headed and fair-minded men I think I've ever known)

Thinking of all those Trump supporters:

3780a9d31b099e10d82a0d6e5a67319e--tv-wes

"As my dear old Pappy used to say, "Son, man's the only animal you can skin more than once."

• Like 3

Thinking of all those Trump supporters:

3780a9d31b099e10d82a0d6e5a67319e--tv-wes

"As my dear old Pappy used to say, "Son, man's the only animal you can skin more than once."

Hmmmm....this gives me an idea here.

Maestro, if you please...

Who is the orange-haired madman there?

Donny Boy is his name.

Big con artist, so beware.

The clueless buy his BS,

While the knowledgeable know his game.

(...you're now free to write the second verse here if ya want, Tom...or hell, ANYBODY here for THAT matter, I suppose)

• Like 4

Hmmmm....this gives me an idea here.

Maestro, if you please...

Who is the orange-haired madman there?

Donny Boy is his name.

Big con artist, so beware.

The clueless buy his BS,

While the knowledgeable know his game.

(...you're now free to write the second verse here if ya want, Tom...or hell, ANYBODY here for THAT matter, I suppose)

Crude as a bigot with a gun,

Donny Boy is the name.

Twittering his bull until the dawn,

Pleasing one Steve Bannon,

"Others" there to blame.

Followers under his spell,

Never con do they smell,

Distraction's the game he loves the best.

Feed his base by any means,

From the old to the teens,

Donny Boy is a legend of the brain dead.

DONNY BOY IS A LEGEND OF THE BRAIN DEAD!!

(Okay, so the last line doesn't rhyme. But it suuuure does have a ring of truth to it).

• Like 3

I like 'em. 

face-08.jpg?w=679&h=382

Wow Tom! Not ONLY the second verse, but also the chorus TOO, eh?!

Good job there, ol' buddy!

(...and don't worry about those final lines in your chorus not rhyming, as even with THAT minor little quibble, you've STILL shown a HELL of lot more competence in your work here than that freakin' angry crybaby, borderline psychotic, English language-challenged, world's biggest egomaniac of a man-child-in-chief has shown in the ten months he's been at HIS job!)

;)

• Like 1

Wow Tom! Not ONLY the second verse, but also the chorus TOO, eh?!

Good job there, ol' buddy!

(...and don't worry about those final lines in your chorus not rhyming, as even with THAT minor little quibble, you've STILL shown a HELL of lot more competence in your work here than that freakin' angry crybaby, borderline psychotic, English language-challenged, world's biggest egomaniac of a man-child-in-chief has shown in the ten months he's been at HIS job!)

;)

Thanks, Dargo. I'd like to think the Maverick brothers wouldn't mind our changing their song's lyrics too much. All in a good cause. After all, there's nothing they recognized better than a fellow con artist themselves.

2a0175b92475803a512976cd40790684.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, Dargo. I'd like to think the Maverick brothers wouldn't mind our changing their song's lyrics too much. All in a good cause. After all, there's nothing they recognized better than a fellow con artist themselves.

Yep! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have minded at all, "Brother" Tom! ;)

(...and btw, and speaking of Garner and Kelly there...while I know the latter delved into politics for a while, as a city councilman and then mayor of Huntington Beach CA, I don't now what his political leanings might have been overall, however, and as you know, Garner was quite the left leaner and stanch Democrat, and so not only would I guess he especially would have approved of our fractured lyrics to his old TV western's theme song, but if he were still alive today, I'm SURE he would have found the idea that this country could have ever elected such a moron as Donny Boy a thought as inconceivably ludicrous as there ever was)

• Like 1

Yep! I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have minded at all, "Brother" Tom! ;)

(...and btw, and speaking of Garner and Kelly there...while I know the latter delved into politics for a while, as a city councilman and then mayor of Huntington Beach CA, I don't now what his political leanings might have been overall, however, and as you know, Garner was quite the left leaner and stanch Democrat, and so not only would I guess he especially would have approved of our fractured lyrics to his old TV western's theme song, but if he were still alive today, I'm SURE he would have found the idea that this country could have ever elected such a moron as Donny Boy a thought as inconceivably ludicrous as there ever was)

Yeh, Garner was left leaning and, from what I've gathered, a down to earth, common sense kind of guy. I'm sure he would have been horrified by what occupies the Oval Office today.

• Like 1

Yeh, Garner was left leaning and, from what I've gathered, a down to earth, common sense kind of guy. I'm sure he would have been horrified by what occupies the Oval Office today.

James Bumgarner was born in Norman Oklahoma and came from a partial Native American heritage. As a registered Democrat, he never forgot how he was a self-made man, so he always had respect for other ordinary Americans who were not born with inheritances and trust funds.

• Like 4

Since this thread has been temporarily Mavericked, I'd like to add a note that just came as news to me.

James Garner briefly revived his old role in a 1981 series followup, Brett Maverick, which played on NBC only to be surprisingly cancelled by the network after one season. I never watched the show, though it's my understanding it was a decent program.

What came as a surprise to me, though, was that plans had been in the works for Jack Kelly to return as brother Bart in Season Two (apparently he appeared in the final episode of Season One), and become a series regular. Kelly had read several Mavericks scripts and was ready to return only for both he and Garner to have the rug pulled out from underneath them by the network.

What a shame. It might have been a nostalgic pleasure for fans to have seen the Maverick brothers back up to their old tricks together again almost 20 years after the first series had ended.

By the way, Kelly had briefly appeared in at least one (possibly two) of The Rockford Files episodes, that series having folded with plenty of law suit acrimony the year before Brett Maverick came on.

Since this thread has been temporarily Mavericked, I'd like to add a note that just came as news to me.

James Garner briefly revived his old role in a 1981 series followup, Brett Maverick, which played on NBC only to be surprisingly cancelled by the network after one season. I never watched the show, though it's my understanding it was a decent program.

What came as a surprise to me, though, was that plans had been in the works for Jack Kelly to return as brother Bart in Season Two (apparently he appeared in the final episode of Season One), and become a series regular. Kelly has read several Mavericks scripts and was ready to return only for both he and Garner to have the rug pulled out from underneath them by the network.

What a shame. It might have been a nostalgic pleasure for fans to have seen the Maverick brothers back up to their old tricks together again almost 20 years after the first series had ended.

By the way, Kelly had briefly appeared in at least one (possibly two) of The Rockford Files episodes, that series having folded with plenty of law suit acrimony the year before Brett Maverick came on.

I have the DVD set of Brett Maverick.  It's a nice little series and I occasionally re-watch episodes.  Much better than his Nichols series.

I have the DVD set of Brett Maverick.  It's a nice little series and I occasionally re-watch episodes.  Much better than his Nichols series.

I saw a few episodes of Nichols last year. It was my first exposure to the series and I thought it had a certain quirky charm. No Maverick or Rockford, of course, but definitely worth a look.

I just downloaded the entire Brett Maverick series off a web site (looks like they were off the DVDs, very impressive images), and will be taking a look at some of them soon. Still sorry that brother Bart didn't have the chance to be a regular part of the series.

One sidebar comment: I once read a comment by the producer of Maverick (who later became involved in Rockford, too). Sorry, I forget his name. Anyway, he said that on the Maverick set Jack Kelly was hilarious, with a great sense of humour (at least by the producer's taste), far more so than Garner.

Curious, since Garner was the one with a deft comedy touch on screen.

• Like 1

Ezra KleinVerified account @ezraklein 5h5 hours ago

A question I am honestly interested in hearing GOP Senators answer: if they are willing to endorse Roy Moore and Donald Trump because they won a GOP primary, is there anyone they would not endorse?

What is the line they won't cross?

What would make someone unfit in their eyes?

<_< 

• Like 1

Ezra Klein‏Verified account @ezraklein 5h5 hours ago

A question I am honestly interested in hearing GOP Senators answer: if they are willing to endorse Roy Moore and Donald Trump because they won a GOP primary, is there anyone they would not endorse?

<_<

Cannibalism possibly may be the line..... 

• Like 1

Ezra Klein‏Verified account @ezraklein 5h5 hours ago

<_<

Nothing.  The current Republican Party members and supporters place party above all else.  If Harvey Weinstein won the Republican senatorial primary in CA, the GOP senators would support him.

McCain withdrew his endorsement of Trump.  Lindsey Graham claims to have not voted for Trump or Clinton.  However, both are now pretty much doing what Trump wants, to include voting for all of his nominees.  They also voted for the Republican budget reconciliation, which did not go through McCain's supposedly required "regular order" in the Senate.

The reconciliation process enables the Senate to pass Trump's budget busting tax cuts and massive increase to national debt with only 51 votes.

This is a compilation by the Atlantic done Nov 6, 2016.  Some no's and some neutral.  As for current GOP senators, not sure.  

/www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/where-republicans-stand-on-donald-trump-a-cheat-sheet/481449/

• Like 3
  • Sad 1