Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOP madness Unbound...


mr6666
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

Be interesting to see what would happen if Disney sued DeSantis and the state of FL over this.  Maybe in both state and federal courts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If successful, Orange and Osceola counties will have to absorb Disney World's $1 Billion in tax district debt.  And then begin providing the services Disney World provides.

Apparently, the residents of the special tax district (mostly Disney World employees) have to vote to dissolve the district even after DeSantis signs the bill.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3274444-explained-desantiss-effort-to-end-disneys-self-government-power/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ruby Red, rock solid Republican controlled for 30 years now South Carolina has  a new "Freedom Caucus" modeled after the national group.  Apparently a dozen or so members did not think the current ultra conservative, pro-Trump Republicans controlling the state legislature are "conservative" enough.

It also appears this might be a movement spreading to other states.

https://apnews.com/article/business-south-carolina-congress-0b4ff0c8228558c8ed84ffef4b2bf17c

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

 

Unfortunately Marjorie Greene will most likely be re-elected to the House despite everything that has been said about her and by her.  What does this say for the voters of her district?

Incidentally, Rep. Raskin was perfectly correct in saying what he did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the below shows how the GOP has degenerated over the past years.  This is the result of Tea Party, Freedom Caucus, Contract with America and so forth.  It all was the foundation for MAGA and the plan for extremists to take over American governments at every level.  Then establish far right extremist regulations to subjugate Americans.  

https://www.salon.com/2022/04/29/feuding-boebert-and-greene-had-to-be-broken-up-at-meeting-during-heated-confrontation-report/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Fox News is a serious news organization that should be taken seriously.

 

FSC90NxX0AE1Pwi?format=jpg&name=900x900

Must be on Trump's list for Treasury Secretary in 2024...

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, ElCid said:

Unfortunately Marjorie Greene will most likely be re-elected to the House despite everything that has been said about her and by her.  What does this say for the voters of her district?

Incidentally, Rep. Raskin was perfectly correct in saying what he did.

Sadly Greene will be re-elected but it will mainly because of all that has been said about her and by her;       That says all one should need to know about the majority of voters in her district.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

Sadly Greene will be re-elected but it will mainly because of all that has been said about her and by her;       That says all one should need to know about the majority of voters in her district.

 

While the Democrats have some in elective offices that are too far out there; there is no way they can compare to the Republicans.  Not only are some Republicans in elective offices really nutcases, but there are so many of them.  And they keep getting reelected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ElCid said:

While the Democrats have some in elective offices that are too far out there; there is no way they can compare to the Republicans.  Not only are some Republicans in elective offices really nutcases, but there are so many of them.  And they keep getting reelected.

I agree there is no comparison:   GOP wins the most nut-case prize.    Note that the other day I called A.O.C.  a nut-case but I shouldn't have used that term.

While I believe many of her policy stances are out-there,   and that her understanding of politics is weak (e.g.  wanting to primary-out moderates Dems in states like Arizona,  by putting in place a more liberal Dem,  who would likely lose in the general election),      A.O.C.  isn't a nut-case in the same manner as Greene. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...