Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bob Hope Bio Pic

chaney41352

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I really can't think of anyone who could play him. And as bgrable24 said, those movies always stink anyway. Look at the one that was recently done on Jackie Gleason with the guy from "Everybody Loves Raymond" - it was terrible. And I'm still **** at the one that was done on Lucy and Desi a few years back. It made a mockery out of them. Personally, I'd rather see a really good documentary made about the person, like the ones TCM has been doing of late, or an "American Masters" special. Even "Biography" does a pretty good job.

Sandy K - I totally agree with you about Sissy Spacek playing Loretta Lynn. She was great in that role, and also did all of her own singing, and sang well too. I'm not a big fan of Country music, but I loved "Coal Miner's Daughter." And Beverly D'Angelo did a pretty good job playing Patsy Cline as well, even though she can't sing anything like the great Ms. Cline.

moviejoe, I'm not really into country music, either, but I've seen COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER 2 or 3 times because it is such a compelling story. Beverly D'Angelo was good as Patsy Cline, so was Jessica Lange in SWEET DREAMS, although Coal Miner's Daughter is the better movie, IMO.

Sandy K