Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THANK You, Antenna TV!

Sepiatone

"Throwback" TV channel AntennaTV overhauled their line-up for the new year.

They dropped McHALE'S NAVY, which I'll miss of course,  and shifted the remaining shows times around, and added THE BURNS AND ALLEN SHOW to the line-up  weekdays @9:00am-10:00 am EST.

What a way to start the day!  That MORE than makes up for dropping McHale AND the "Beav".

I grew up watching the show as a kid,  and when we first got cable and NICKELODEON started up, they had  the show in their line-up.  My younger daughter, awakened by my laughing( back then it was on at 11:00 pm)  would shuffle out of her room and watch it with me.  Like me, she quickly fell in LOVE with Gracie!

She too, gets AntennaTV, but works during the time it's on, but it gave her enough incentive to finally getting around to figuring out her DVR service and catches the show when she gets home.

I have to say, after all the exposure to Burns and Allen, MAD MAGAZINE, The MARX BROTHERS, LAUREL AND HARDY, The THREE STOOGES, AMOS'N'ANDY  and ABBOTT AND COSTELLO during my formative years,  it's surprising I can take ANYTHING seriously these days!

Thanks again ANTENNATV.  Even on rainy or snowy mornings, the SUN is shining! :P  :wub:

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I get ME-TV but sadly, not ANTENNA-TV. Available in Utica to the east & Rochester to the west, it can't be picked up here in the middle-wah! So I'll just have to sit tight until it becomes available here. (but we get lousy LAFF which shows old ROSEANNE shows-yuk)

I'd like to see Burns & Allen and especially 3 Stooges on a regular basis.

ANTENNATV replaced the channel COZI on my service, which I also liked, but so go the fortunes and misfortunes of cable TV.

But, BURNS and ALLEN, especially Gracie, is a sure-fire way to empty my bladder in the morning!  :D

Sepiatone

ANTENNATV replaced the channel COZI on my service, which I also liked, but so go the fortunes and misfortunes of cable TV.

But, BURNS and ALLEN, especially Gracie, is a sure-fire way to empty my bladder in the morning!  :D

Sepiatone

What actually happens is that the "local" TV stations decide to affiliate with another "network."  On cable, almost all of these "retro" stations are actually other channels operated by local stations.  so an NBC station may also broadcast Cozi, Antenna, MeTV, etc. as well as their main channel.

My local stations periodically switch to other alternate networks for their additional channels. 

Not sure how the cable companies decide which ones to show.  By law they have to show the main station, but do they have to show the rest because they are local?

Wow, are we lucky in Tampa!  We get MeTV, Antenna, Cozi, Laff, Grit, Aspire, and TVOne.  There used to be a Retro TV as well.  I watch these more than the network stations.  I also get all the Starz Encore stations for just a few dollars.  Whenever I start wishing I was back in the mountains of Arkansas or back home in Jacksonville-which I once couldn't wait to leave-this gets me grounded again. 

Be careful what you wish for-sometimes you get it.    

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings