Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clark Gable singing "Hey You there with the stars in your eyes".

I am pretty sure I have seen Clark Gable singing "Hey You, with the stars in your eyes" into a tape recorder, and then playing it back, and talking back to the recording.  

Cannot remember what movie he did it in.  Thought it was "Boom Town" but just watched it and I was wrong.

Anyone remember what movie he did this in???

Please help.  Thanks.

I looked it up, you are thinking of "The Pajama Game" which was a Broadway musical that got adapted into a film in 1957. Starring Doris Day and John Raitt.

So it is John Raitt who sang that song into the device. Apparently Frank Sinatra was going to be in that role but he turned it down. The studio wanted the film to be made up of the original Broadway cast but with 1 movie star leading it so when Sinatra turned down a role, Doris Day was selected for a role in the film.

The song is "Hey There" and I remember my Mom having it on an old ROSEMARY CLOONEY 78 when I was a kid.

Maybe Gable sang a smattering of it in that movie for the purpose of a "sound check" of the recording machine.

It may have been in one of his "lighter' films, like TEACHER'S PET or BUT NOT FOR ME but I can't be sure.  I've seen them both, but don't recall that scene.

And don't forget---JOHN RAITT is BONNIE'S Dad!  :)

Sepiatone