Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*Tom Hanks picks his own "Desert Island Movie..."

spence

just noticed in an issue of EW magazine the other day that this era's

everyman & who most dubb as our own *Jimmy Stewart 2 time *Oscar winner Tom Hanks-(l956-) said that his own all-time favorite motion picture AKA: "Desert Island Film' is *Kubrick's "2001: A Space 0dyssey"

& said he musta' watched it well over 100 plus times to date.

Ironically, the already gone too soon critic Gene Siskel=-(l946-l999) when pressed-(he didn't like to cite his favs. like partner Roger Ebert-(l942-2013) always loved to do-(which for him was "Kane")

but, Gene would generally say "2001" was his "Desert Island Pick' as well-(a silly term in my view though?)

& Hollywood has been kicking around a rehash of "Harvey" for decades now & his name is the first to always come up

Not certain of *Hanks favorite stars yet though, probably *JAMES STEWART?

THANX

I can see 2001 as a desert island film.  It would take me at least 100 viewings to figure the damned thing out. I'd probably beat myself to death with a coconut if I ever did.

:unsure:

Friends of mine always told me, "If you read the book, you'll understand it better."

Well, I READ the book, and it didn't help.

Still like the movie regardless though.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings