Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Saint, Fri, Jan 20

Beginning at 8:00 PM ET, there will be several Saint movies.  The first one has Louis Hayward as the Saint and I have seen it.  I found it kind of boring.

After that, there are 4 George Sanders Saint movies, which I found very entertaining.  The last one is The Saint in Palm Springs and that one is very good.

The next two Saint movies star Hugh Sinclair as the Saint and I have never seen them.  So I will record them as they start at 2:45 AM.

There is a DVD set of the George Sanders Saint movies.

• Like 1

Beginning at 8:00 PM ET, there will be several Saint movies.  The first one has Louis Hayward as the Saint and I have seen it.  I found it kind of boring.

After that, there are 4 George Sanders Saint movies, which I found very entertaining.  The last one is The Saint in Palm Springs and that one is very good.

The next two Saint movies star Hugh Sinclair as the Saint and I have never seen them.  So I will record them as they start at 2:45 AM.

There is a DVD set of the George Sanders Saint movies.

Thanks, El Cid. 

I think, as a boy, I saw some of the Sanders movies.  I am looking forward to watching them in the "watch later" list.  

Louis Hayward was terrific.Sarcastic and extremely violent,no other actor was this deadly a hero as The Saint.

Sanders was not the killing machine that Hayward was.

A shame that the quality of Haywards Saint, is so poor.

Louis Hayward was terrific.Sarcastic and extremely violent,no other actor was this deadly a hero as The Saint.

Sanders was not the killing machine that Hayward was.

A shame that the quality of Haywards Saint, is so poor.

Funny, but I seem to recall thinking a few other prints of various films starring Hayward that I've seen telecast in the past being of rather poor quality, also.

Does this kind of thing seem familiar to anyone else here?

(...perhaps his films tend to fall into the public domain more than normal?...I dunno)

Funny, but I seem to recall thinking a few other prints of various films starring Hayward that I've seen telecast in the past being of rather poor quality, also.

Does this kind of thing seem familiar to anyone else here?

(...perhaps his films tend to fall into the public domain more than normal?...I dunno)

Yea,  I had the same feeling (deja vu) when I realized how poor the print quality was;   like "I know I  haven't seen this film,  but why do I get the feeling I have seen Hayward in other films on TCM where the print quality was just as bad'.