Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GGGGerald

Bette and Joan

It really does.

Had I any part of this series, I would have DEMANDED IT or I WOULD WALK OFF-SET THEN AND THERE.

LOL!

Yeah.  You gotta remember this all took place BEFORE there was some kind of white powder everywhere in Hollywood.  ;)

Sepiatone

Oh, there WAS. Just not as much!

Tallulah Bankhead:  "Cocaine isn't  habit forming.  I should know, I've been using it for years."

Tallulah Bankhead:  "Cocaine isn't  habit forming.  I should know, I've been using it for years."

LOL. I get no kick from cocaine..........

If this was well known, it would have scandalized her Speaker of the House father.

There'd be white powdered make-up everywhere Lol!

.....definitely confirming it for his wife lol.

• Like 1

If this was well known, it would have scandalized her Speaker of the House father.

Miss Bankhead had an encyclopedia list of activities and medical issues that would have scandalized her father.

My favorite story about her concerns her appearance on I Love Lucy-- she starred in a one-hour Lucy- Desi Comedy Hour. I can't even Tell it on this website. And I wouldn't want to myself anyway. But Anyone who reads an extensive history of I Love Lucy can undoubtably find this story. Be prepared--

I'm sure Tallulah scandalized a lot of her relatives.........

Miss Bankhead had an encyclopedia list of activities and medical issues that would have scandalized her father.

My favorite story about her concerns her appearance on I Love Lucy-- she starred in a one-hour Lucy- Desi Comedy Hour. I can't even Tell it on this website. And I wouldn't want to myself anyway. But Anyone who reads an extensive history of I Love Lucy can undoubtably find this story. Be prepared--

OH, DO TELL!!!!  We're over 21.

Does it have anything to do with her not wearing underwear? :D

I think I found it. It has to do with Vivian Vance admiring Bankhead's slacks??? :D

I hadnt realized Bette Davis was the first choice for that episode, but she had to back out due to an injury. Would've loved seeing Bette on that show too.

• Like 1

SPILL.

PLEASE.

Let's just say, Tallulah was a very giving person. She would give the shirt off of her back to someone. :lol:

• Like 1

SPILL.

PLEASE.

I just found this. Read it before it gets censored and I get warning points.

[sorry the link was too awful, I couldn't leave it up.]

Edited by Swithin
  • Like 1

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PM ME WITH WHATEVER THE DETAILS ARE ON THIS SALACIOUS ANECDOTE IN RE: VIVIAN VANCE, TALLULAH BANKHEAD AND A PAIR OF SLACKS?

I AM A SMALL, LONELY PERSON AND I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PM ME WITH WHATEVER THE DETAILS ARE ON THIS SALACIOUS ANECDOTE IN RE: VIVIAN VANCE, TALLULAH BANKHEAD AND A PAIR OF SLACKS?

I AM A SMALL, LONELY PERSON AND I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS.

Sorry to keep you waiting. It's really not that big a deal (if that's what Princess was referring to) They were in a story conference or something and Vivian admired the slacks Tallulah was wearing. She took them off and gave them to Vance and sat there naked for the meeting. LOL. Typical Tallulah story. But I'm not sure if that's what Princess was referring to. It's possible something else happened....

• Like 2

Sorry to keep you waiting. It's really not that big a deal (if that's what Princess was referring to) They were in a story conference or something and Vivian admired the slacks Tallulah was wearing. She took them off and gave them to Vance and sat there naked for the meeting. LOL. Typical Tallulah story. But I'm not sure if that's what Princess was referring to. It's possible something else happened....

How did she get home if she had no slacks to wear? Reminds me of Kramer on "Seinfeld" where he sells the clothes off his back and has to call Jerry to bring him some clothes.

How did she get home if she had no slacks to wear? Reminds me of Kramer on "Seinfeld" where he sells the clothes off his back and has to call Jerry to bring him some clothes.

The story didnt go that far into details. (LOL) I just read another tidbit that Lucy admired Tallulah's sweater so she took that off too. Explains why she was completely nude and not partially nude. Apparently Tallulah was smashed and crashed the meeting....Not one of Lucy's favorite guest stars.

How fitting that Tallulah has now appropriated this thread, considering that Bette and Joan both had film roles that she originated on stage....Oh, and she had that fling with Joan (allegedly)

How fitting that Tallulah has now appropriated this thread, considering that Bette and Joan both had film roles that she originated on stage....Oh, and she had that fling with Joan (allegedly)

LOL. Joan and Tallu? I hadnt heard that one.........What was the Joan role?

Joan's "Forsaking All Others"  was based upon a stage vehicle starring Tallulah....

Yes, I thought that was the one, but I wasnt sure.....

according to the trivia section of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? on imdb, TALLULAH BANKHEAD was (as I recall it) "considered for Blanche"- that doesn't really jibe with the long-standing story that Joan was attached from the start and i dunno how true it is.

However, I DO have to say, it would have been really something to have seen TALLULAH and BETTE playing the Hudson Sisters, or (even better) Tallulah in the deHavilland part in SWEET CHARLOTTE.

according to the trivia section of WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? on imdb, TALLULAH BANKHEAD was (as I recall it) "considered for Blanche"- that doesn't really jibe with the long-standing story that Joan was attached from the start and i dunno how true it is.

However, I DO have to say, it would have been really something to have seen TALLULAH and BETTE playing the Hudson Sisters, or (even better) Tallulah in the deHavilland part in SWEET CHARLOTTE.

Yes, what might have been casting. LOL. I dont see how Tallulah could be considered for the first film since it was Joan who was behind the project from the beginning. Maybe if Joan had backed out?  Cant really see her playing that role. Now Jane would've been a perfect fit!

Without giving it away, she certainly was Sans Habits-- but there was something else about her appearance that truly startled the I Love Lucy company.

BTW-- Desi, being a Latin gentleman, gave her his robe.