Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

an underrated thriller depicting the horror of man's abuse of the environment

NipkowDisc

I just thought it made for a good premise for a horror movie.

when it came out in 1979 the look of the monster was ridiculed for looking like a sausage but that was a distraction because it proved to be a very effective horror movie and possibly one of the last truly great monster movies to come out of hollywod.

based on a novel by david seltzer who wrote the omen and directed by john frankenheimer.

it is suspenseful, scary and even terrifying. the sausage look of the bear-monster has never really bothered me at all.

I have always found the film to be truly frightening.

let tcm show Prophecy. :)

I'm a big fan of horror movies of that period -- late 1970s/mid 1980s (Pieces is my favorite) but found Prophecy to be a bit of a bore. The subject had been dealt with better (or pleasantly worse) in many other movies.

Mary Woronov made three horror films in 1986. A few years earlier, you could depend upon seeing Lynda Day George in a horror film, on a regular basis.

nomads_dancing+mary.JPG

Mary Woronov in Nomads

I think that period was almost the last gasp of lowbrow horror reaching the theaters. After that, many of the films went straight to video.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings