Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did anyone else hear that *Liza moved Judy's body to Hollywood?

spence

Heard this item on the radio a couple times the other day. That *Liza Minneli-(l946) actually had her legendary ma's remains Judy Garland-(l922-l969) from a Brooklyn, ce,m  All the way back to Tinsel-Town & specifically "Hollywood, prever, cem"-(62 acres) & borders Paramount Pictures.

Could it in pt be because "The Mick" Mickey Rooney"-(l920-2004) for some reason that escapes this cinephile, because I was always certain when Mickey went, he woulda' always been interred without question in the mammoth -(318 acre) "Forees Lawn" in Glendale, CALIF & not the other where Debbie Reynolds chose in The Hollywood Hills. Plus, I was recently informed that the family of Luciily Ball already moved her acroos country to her hometworn-(PLEASE CORRECT ME IF NEED TOO???)

That park is very well-nkoen though for mostly modern era/cointempoorraries stars choosing it (Brbank/Hollywood Hills)  It's biggest draw by far is *Bette Davis

& THIS ONE IS ALWAYS DUBBED "THE DISNEYLAND OF GRAVEYARDS"-(but it's staff can be rude to the fans)

Almost all of both of the duo's contemporaries chose Glendale's, with the likes of  as only a small sample sample of> *Gable, *Tracy, *Bogey & Bacall, *Walt Disney, *Jimmy Stewart, *Pickford, Harlow, Lombard, *Liz Taylor,  Lon Chaney, sr., W.C. Fields,  *Wallace Beery & *Marie Dressler, Harold Lloyd, Alan Ladd, Errol Flynn-(Ida :Lupino's little marker ois almost bordering his & along same wall as *"The Great: Spencer Tracy's garden grave w/family), *Burns & Allen, *Selznick, Sid Graumann, *Adolph Zukor, *Thalberg & *N. Shearer, *Samuel Goldman, Red Skelton-(just after I first visited in early '99), John Gilbert, Tom Mix, J. MacDonald, Samy Davis, Jr.  D. Dandridge, *Hal B. Wallis, *A. Newman, *Max Steiner, *Dimitri Tiomkin,  *W. Wyler, *Curtiz, *Cukor, *V. Minnelli & Mamoulian

So please send your comments

:D

You really shouldn't try to type anything until you're  sober.   However-----

"The DISNEYLAND OF GRAVEYARDS"?

You don't mean to say they have RIDES and "Dapper Dans" cycling around the headstones, do ya?  ;)

I mean, who really CARES where any of these people are buried?   No doubt means a lot to their families,  and is really only worth discussion(IMHO) if Judy was buried originally where she always said  wanted to be, and Liza moved her for HER own reasons.  Whatever those may be.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings