Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who has collected all of the "Legends of Hollywood" stamps?

spence

I was just going over the U.s. postal service & again it's ever growing "Legends of Hollywood" stamps-(to date I counted 18)

Now, among the myriad of collectibles I have & on my own "Walls-of-Fame" I have a small picture frame w/about a dozen inside of it to date

However, it seems to have exploded since the last one I got-(a great & unusual day at the local post office here) It was the 10th Anniversary of *Sinatra's death in May 1998  & it was surrealistic in him literally taking of entire wall in the place.  Besides, his own stamp, memorabilia was  all over the post office.

Since almost 20yrs ago the really upped the anty, besides the 12-(including "Universal Horror")  I already have there is currently *Kate, *Bergman, *Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, *A. Hepburn, *Henry Fonda, *Peck, *Coop, Garbo, Shirley Temple, Elvis, *Liz Taylor,  Hitch  & finally, due mostly to our "PC" era *John "The Duke" Wayne  got his own stamp!!!

(SIN OF OMMISION: I've written about this terrible & stupid thing before, aimed at *"The Great: Spencer Tracy" & him getting a stamp as well. I knew his reaming family & recall the day last it was yesterday when speaking to them on the phone. Joe Tracy-(his grandson,now a biker somewhere?)

Actually butted into the proceedings of the stamp/ Postal service had 2 prototypes, ("Boys Town" & ("Edward, My Son) But, his grandson insisted they use his collage of sorts & they simply chucked the lot. It was around 2006)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE "LEGENDS OF HOLLYWOOD STAMPS" & WHICH ONE'S

Personally, of the above mentioned ones Garbo, *Kate & *John Wayne

THANK YOU

Sorry, but I have none of these, although I have to admit I WOULD have JOINED you folks and collected any GROUP of stamps which would have included Groucho Marx among them.

(...and even though of course Groucho himself never approved of such a thing) ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings