Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

February 2017 TCM Guest Host

Barton_Keyes

Dave Karger, an entertainment correspondent for The Today Show, will return to TCM for this year's 31 Days of Oscar festival to guest host primetime films on Monday and Tuesday nights. Karger will be a familiar face to many TCM viewers, having previously guest hosted in July 2016.

CmDSE32XEAAo6NW.jpg

Dave Karger was in studio last week recording wraparounds for 31 Days of Oscar on TCM.

• Like 2

Dave Karger, an entertainment correspondent for The Today Show, will return to TCM for this year's 31 Days of Oscar festival to guest host primetime films on Monday and Tuesday nights. Karger will be a familiar face to many TCM viewers, having previously guest hosted in July 2016.

CmDSE32XEAAo6NW.jpg

Dave Karger was in studio last week recording wraparounds for 31 Days of Oscar on TCM.

Incidentally, the name of you home town reminds me of "meshuga", as in Loiuis Prima's "I'm Meshuga for my Baby, and my Baby's Meshuga For Me".

• Like 1

I remember the guy smilin' a whole lot(as pictured below) and sometimes when it didn't seem appropriate, like during an intro about a movie that couldn't in any way be called a comedy or even lighthearted.

(...but yeah other that, the dude seemed okay for the job, I suppose...he's got a nice smile anyway...so how was THAT for "faint praise", HUH?!)

• Like 1

CORRECTION: Dave Karger has said on Twitter that he will, in fact, be hosting three nights a week in February (Sunday through Tuesday), not two, as I previously reported.

Oh Goody!

Then ANOTHER whole night of beaming smiles I can look forward to seein' on my TV! LOL

(...okay okay...so he's at least better than little Matthew Broderick was during HIS stint introducing those screwball comedies a few years back anyway, and where you'd THINK somebody introducing THOSE kind'a movies would've AT LEAST have broken a FEW smiles on his face and maybe been at least A LITTLE more animated in his presentations while doing so, RIGHT?!!!) 

• Like 2

All he has to do is read a teleprompter and smile.....

Yes, but PLEASE, not too much!

(..."smile" that is, and as I THINK I've gotten my point across by now about the guy, ONLY when it's appropriate, and so that he doesn't came across as some sort'a freakin' Cheshire Cat!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings