Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My predictions of the winners for THE 89th ANNUAL ACADEMMY AWARDS-(AMPAS)

spence

I'm well aware it's early yet & my predictions are still subject to change until "Post Time"

But, due to EW magazine & TCM again having it's "31 Days of Oscar"

I just wanted to jump the gun a wee-bit & submit my own (35th year) at predicting the winners for the 2016 *Oscars   (SAVE & COMPARE IF YOU WANT)-(NOTE: Last yr I did lousy at 14 for 24, but for 2013 I hit 20 for 24)

To be presented "Live" on ABC-TV from "The Dolby theatre"-"Hollywood and Highland"=-(680l H. Blvd) & hosted by Jimmy Kimmel Sunday February 26th, 2017

To date there are approx. 6,777 overall *AMPAS card carrying voting members.

WHO WILL WIN & WALK DOWN-THE-AISLE?

BEST PICTURE: "LA LA LAND" (Summit)-(I forecast it to seep 8 to 9 overall)

BEST ACTOR: CASEY AFFLECK in "Manchester by the Sea"

BEST ACTRESS: EMMA STONE in "La La Land"

S. ACTOR: MAHERSHELA ALI in "Moonlight"

S. ACTRESS: VIOLA DAVIS in "Fences"-(A BLOW-OUT!)

BEST DIRECTOR: DAMIEN CHAZELLE for "La La Land"

A. SCREENPLAY: "MOONLIGHT" (Barry Jenkins)

O. SCREENPLAY: "MANCHESTER BY THE SEA" (Richard Lonergan)

ORIGINAL MUSIC-SCORE: "LA LA LAND"(Justin Hurwitz)

ORIGINAL-SONG: "LA LA LAND"-("City of Stars")

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: "TONI EDERMANN"

ANIMATED-FEATURE: "ZOOTOPIA"

CINEMATOGRAPHY: "LA LA LAND"

FILM EDITING: "LA LA LAND"

COSTUME DESIGN: "JACKIE"

MAKE-UP & HAIR: "STAR TREK: BEYOND"

PRODUCTION DESIGN: "LA LA LAND"

SOUND MIXING: "LA LA LAND"

SOUND EDITING: "HACKSAW RIDGE"

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS: "THE JUNGLE BOOK"

(P.S. I personally think that last years s. actor winner *Mark Rylance, "Bridge of Spies" delivered a terrific pc of acting/work in *Spielberg's much maligned epic "The BFG" ($54m.) i.e. like Andy Serkis in many of his roles

THANK YOU

& PLEASE JOIN-IN THIS TIME!?

& AGAIN, SURE WISH MR. ROBERT OSBORNE WOULD JUST JOIN-IN FOR THIS YEAR ART LEAST. AFTER ALL, HE WROTE THE BOOK "85 YEARS OF OSCAR"

• Like 1

when ampas ever reminds hollywood of the many millions of older generational american moviegoers beyond the millennial demographic then I will concern myself with watching the annual televised ceremony beyond the entertaining speech-fondling of liberal politics by the prevailing crowd of liberal celebs who have forgotten the America they have either become disconnected from or were born disconnected from.

la la land----

can the love of a narcissistic young actress and the foolish young pianist's love survive their combined selfishness...

a young airheaded hollywood actress?

this is what I mean. today's hollywood can no longer even think outside of the box anymore meaning their own narcissistic denizens.

I will only be watching for the laughaby pathetic anti-trump hysterics which will be more entertaining than the film nominees. :lol:

I've always wondered at the mind of a person who:

Constantly replies to his own posts and.....

Hits the "like" feature on HIS OWN POSTS!  :huh:

Sepiatone

WHAT ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT???

& ANY INPOUT ON THE *OSCARS?

Ah, yes, THE OSCAR CEREMONY:  One more opportunity to continue the Longest, Most Petulant Temper Tantrum in American History.....And the Oscar goes to.....

Now now, Roy! Remember what you just told me in another ongoing thread around here dude...

Kindly please take the snide, snarky innuendo to the proper forum which has been provided for your convenience. I say this primarily because my usual weekend routine has been disrupted by a temper tantrum display outside my front door.

(...oh and btw Roy ol' boy, I STILL say, AND absent any placement of a value system or point of view regarding the subject, that those stuck in Casablanca in that flick and who're tryin' to get those letters of transit DO somewhat parallel current events in this regard, and even though for SOME reason you just can't seem to see it...yep, maybe you're just always concentratin' too much on that whole Rick/Ilsa/Victor love triangle thing while watchin' that movie, huh!) 

hollywood celebs adore meryl streep for her anti-trump remarks a few weeks ago...

well then...

the academy oughta give president trump a special oscar for his 2016 campaign performance.

meryl streep said it now lets see the academy back her up. :D

hey, I agree with her so give trump an oscar. :)

hollywood celebs adore meryl streep for her anti-trump remarks a few weeks ago...

well then...

the academy oughta give president trump a special oscar for his 2016 campaign performance.

meryl streep said it now lets see the academy back her up. :D

hey, I agree with her so give trump an oscar. :)

Yep, maybe ND.

But I don't think they have a special category for child(ish) actors anymore.  ;)

• Like 1

Yep, maybe ND.

But I don't think they have a special category for child(ish) actors anymore.  ;)

I can see it now. all these celebs taking the stage to knock trump...

then some wiseacre gets up there and says "Okay!"

you all think trump is such a great actor then who wants to volunteer to give up the statuette they just won and send it to trump after re-engraving?

that'll shut 'em all up. :lol:

you know, beyond the humor of meryl streep knocking trump for his campaign 'performance' the real problem is that hollywood has now locked itself into it's own narcissistic millennial-catering box.

nothing is being made out there today in terms of subject matter that is gonna appeal to anyone over the age of 15.

hollywood of today can no longer appeal to white middle america because they have removed themselves from it.

how many people like myself are only going to tune into the ceremonies just to get a kick out of the continuing sour grape anti-trump statements? :lol:

when the late carrie fisher once said that she saw her problem as having grown up on rodeo drive, I think she was trying to tell her peers something.

she was trying to say stop knocking the real America. maybe they're the ones living the real lives while we wallow in make-believe. :)

Well, i'm positive another beat me to the punch on this &* already posted that the DGA award went-(BIG SURPORIRSE, HUH) to Damien Chezzelle for "La La Land"

*NOW, ALL THATS REALLY REST UNTIL THE 89th ANNUAL ACADEMY AWARDS is the PGA,

& now to quote a classic 1967 thriller w*Audrey Hepburn & *Alan Arkin

"Well Susie, it's all over"

This us exactly what I mean

I know they will & I didn't voite for him or Hillary either, but am so damn fed-up with it

Hollywood didn't used to wear it's politics on it's sleeve either

Closest they got was during the late 1940's & early '50's & the HUAC Hearings

This really kicked into high gear about 20 to 25yrs ago.

The even call my girl a commie( (MADONNA) not even ever having read Karl Marx

She even admitted dshe was wrong about the "White House" remark. She got caught up in the moment & though "I LOVE HER" I split w/her BIG-TIME on politics

She just really worshipped that "Ice Queen" Hillary.

Something that was funny that Louise did-her full name is (MADONNA LOUISE VERTONICA CICCONE) & just couldn't control her little wonderful Italian self, again. was, she got through 1 song ("Express Yourself") but just had to get nasty & with her language, until they cut my girl off altogether.

She knows, or knew Trump though, met him a few times back in the late '80's when he was a DEMOCRAT

Actually, she lives 1/2 of the time in NYC & the other 1/2 in England

ALL HAIL "THE QUEEN"-(despite her actions)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings