Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please air "Electra Glide in Blue"

Wintergreen

BACKGROUND STORY:

This past Christmas my family and I took a vacation to Arizona. While driving around, my dad told us about a movie he once saw which featured motorcycle highway patrolmen in Arizona. It was called "Electra Glide in Blue", and it sparked my interest since I was interested in movies and I had never heard of it. I checked to see when it might air on TCM, but it was not scheduled. I eventually found out that it is not a very well heard of film, but from what I could gather, it was good. I am now on a mission to get "Electra Glide in Blue" (1973) to air on TCM, not just for my sake (well, maybe just a little ;P), but for the world's.

END BACKGROUND STORY

So I posted in the "Suggest a movie" area, and here is what I said (keep in mind I had to keep it short):

"It is the only film which was directed by James Guercio, best known as the producer of Chicago's early albums. He only had a few weeks and a million dollars to shoot it, and even had to give up his director salary to the camera man, Conrad Hall, who shot such films as Butch Cassidy (1969) and Cool Hand Luke (1967). The film starred Robert Blake and landed him his Emmy Award-winning role in the TV series Baretta. Despite all this, it only aired once on TCM, November 10, 2006, at 2 o' clock in the morning. I would very much like to see this film and others should see it, too."

I guess I have a couple purposes in creating this thread. One, if you have seen the film or heard about it, just tell us what you think about it. Also, I want you to help me help get this movie on TCM.

I saw this movie on TCM for the first time on the "Underground" with Rob Zombie a few months back. I thought it was pretty good, so I think the odds are good that it will show up again on TCM soon.

Also, it looks like when Underground comes back to Fridays in March/April, there are some repeats being shown, so it might get repeated in May.

Archived