Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mary Carlisle just turned 103 (maybe)

jakeem

I stumbled onto this by accident, but it appears that actress Mary Carlisle -- one of the last living links to the early years of Hollywood -- observed her 103rd birthday on Friday, February 3, 2017. According to some sources, she might even be 105.

Does anyone have any favorite movies starring Carlisle? And has TCM ever done a special retrospective of her films?

vlcsnap-2015-02-02-20h17m29s152.png?w=58

Mary Carlisle was the (unbilled) giggling honeymooner who appears in the last scene of Grand Hotel, making her, I believe, the sole survivor (both in front of and behind the camera) of that legendary all-star production.

She was also the screaming heroine in one of my favourite "B" mysteries thrillers (this one with a lot of comedy), Murder in the Private Car, which occasionally appears on TCM.

grand-hotel-mary-carlisle-lionel-barrymo

That's Mary checking into the hotel behind Lionel Barrymore.

2af38bba8faa2c8a2a91f0bb6e6fa6f7.jpg

• Like 1

I stumbled onto this by accident, but it appears that actress Mary Carlisle -- one of the last living links to the early years of Hollywood -- observed her 103rd birthday on Friday, February 3, 2017. According to some sources, she might even be 105.

Does anyone have any favorite movies starring Carlisle? And has TCM ever done a special retrospective of her films?

vlcsnap-2015-02-02-20h17m29s152.png?w=58

Where is Willard Scott, when we need him?

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings