Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*D Niro's newest-latest effort is a FLAT & DULL MESS!

spence

The newest comedy by 2 time *Oscar winner Robert De Niro-(l943-) just may well rank among his flattest motion pictures of his ever looong career

Many think it a bad, lousy film, but I dont myself (**-out of four stars)

No matter what, at almost age 74, he's simply amazing & averages 3 new films per year thesedays

However it sure is close to being a dud. I missed his last "Dirty Grandpa" which is up for several Golden Razzie Awards. & this so called comedy looks as though lots of it ended on the cutting room floor. But, it has a large & impressive cast on hand>*Scorsese, Danny De Vito, Keitel & many more. & a gal I truly like & can be funny too: Leslie Mann.

When most of us *Oscar pundits first heard about this comedy, on paper it looked like a certain contender, but NOOOO

(Overall Star Rating **-out of 4 stars)

& next to go see & review: "Kong: Skull Island" (March 17th opening)

• Like 1

The newest comedy by 2 time *Oscar winner Robert De Niro-(l943-) just may well rank among his flattest motion pictures of his ever looong career

Many think it a bad, lousy film, but I dont myself (**-out of four stars)

No matter what, at almost age 74, he's simply amazing & averages 3 new films per year thesedays

However it sure is close to being a dud. I missed his last "Dirty Grandpa" which is up for several Golden Razzie Awards. & this so called comedy looks as though lots of it ended on the cutting room floor. But, it has a large & impressive cast on hand>*Scorsese, Danny De Vito, Keitel & many more. & a gal I truly like & can be funny too: Leslie Mann.

When most of us *Oscar pundits first heard about this comedy, on paper it looked like a certain contender, but NOOOO

(Overall Star Rating **-out of 4 stars)

& next to go see & review: "Kong: Skull Island" (March 17th opening)

All reviews are terrible....i have seen 88 of his films..i will have to see it anyway,i have a problem with his movies from the last 20 years,he is too prolific and he has a more limited choice of roles due to his age but he should be much more selective.

He did do a few even worst films though "Adventures pf Rocky & Bullwinkle" (1999) ($26m.) (*1/2) "The Fan" (l996) ($19m.) (*1/2) "Hide & Seek" (1/2) (2002 "Meet the Fockers" ($242m.)(*-BOMB rating)-(P.S. All stars biggest $moneyspinner$) & "Little Fockers" (BOMB!)

& amazingly, the guy has already appeared in something like 95 flix!

I'm sorry to hear that The Comedian is apparently such a bomb. I have to admit that I thought it looked promising based in the television promo of it.

I've been hoping that Robert De Niro would appear in a long overdue outstanding film that would allow his prodigious talent full rein. It's frustrating to see such a great actor appearing in so much second rate stuff.

The Intern (2015) wasn't an outstanding movie but I thought Deniro was outstanding in it. Maybe it takes a woman director to bring out the charm and intellect in him and keep that edge of his at bay. The film was perilously close to the Hallmark TV movie formula but it brought out an aspect of Deniro I'd pay to see again.

Too bad about The Comedian if it's true. The promo made it look interesting, but we all know how misleading movie ads can be. It also appears as if there isn't a scene Patti Lupone can't steal. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings